Food & grocery Retailing in South Africa, Market Shares, Summary and Forecasts to 2022
- August 2018 •
- 46 pages •
- Report ID: 5664069 •
- Format: PDF
"Food & grocery Retailing in South Africa, Market Shares, Summary and Forecasts to 2022", provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to South Africa retail environment. In addition, it analyzes the key consumer trends influencing South Africa food & grocery industry.
Food & grocery is the largest sector and accounted for 52.2% of the total retail industry in 2017. Sales growth slowed down in 2016-2017 due to the weakening of the South African currency and drought conditions, which resulted in rising food prices.
What else does this report offer?
- In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics
- The report also details major retailers in food & grocery category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2017 along with recent key developments
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors
- Retail sales and the fastest-growing product categories in food & grocery sector
- Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics in food and grocery sector.
- South Africa retail market is forecasted to grow at a CAGR of 7.6% during 2017-2022
- Growing awareness about health and demand for organic produce to drive sector sales
- Hypermarkets set to dominate the sector due to value pricing and wider product choice
- Online sales are projected to double by 2022 due to growing internet penetration
- Spar, Pick n Pay, and Shoprite are leading the sector growth with value pricing strategies
- Cambridge Food registered the highest sales growth during 2016-2017.
Reasons to buy
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge on food and grocery sector in the South Africa retail market and develop a competitive advantage from the start of your supply chain
- Investigate current and forecast behavior trends in food and grocery category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in the food and grocery market
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, key consumer and technology trends influencing the food and grocery market
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing consumer behavior
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in South Africa retail market - including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge and identify opportunities to improve your market share.