Guidewires Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (Coronary, Peripheral, Urology, Neurovascular), By Coatings (Coated, Non Coated), By Raw Material, And Segment Forecasts, 2019 - 2025
The global guidewires market size is expected to reach USD 2.90 billion by 2025, at a CAGR 6.3% over a forecast period. High prevalence of target diseases such as ischemic heart disease, brain aneurysm, and nephrolithiasis coupled with rise in preference for minimally invasive surgical procedures is anticipated to drive the growth. Increase in application of guidewires in neurovascular interventions is also among key factors driving the market.
Coronary heart disease is a major cause of disabilities and mortality globally. As per the Heart Disease and Stroke Statistics 2018, overall prevalence of myocardial infarction is nearly 7.9 million in U.S., which is 3% of the U.S. adult population, as of 2017. This study also states that the medical cost of coronary heart disease in projected to increase by 100% between 2013 and 2030. Moreover, as per OECD report, HEALTH AT A GLANCE 2015, the use of angioplasty has increased among the OECD countries, in the past 20 years. This is driving the demand for guidewires.
Technological advancements in terms of accessibility, improved flexibility with minimal deformity, and excellent tip shape retention is expected to drive the market.Motion Hybrid Wire Guide is an example of the technological advancement in guidewires.
In January 2017, Cook Medical announced the launch of a two in one guidewire, Motion Hybrid Wire Guide. This product exhibits the features of Teflon fixed core guidewire and nitinol access guidewire into a single device.
Further key findings from the report suggest: • In 2018, coronary guidewires held the largest revenue share owing to high demand in cardiovascular interventions
• Neurovascular guidewires segment is expected to expand at a rapid CAGR of 10.2% over the forecast period owing to the technological advancements and rising incidences of neurovascular disorders
• In 2018, coated guidewires segment held the leading market share of 90.6% owing to high preference for coated guidewires in minimally invasive surgeries
• North America held the largest revenue share of 33.7% owing to high adoption of technologically advanced devices leading to improved treatment rates and rise in preference of minimally invasive surgeries
• Asia pacific is expected to witness the fastest CAGR of 8.4% over the forecast period owing to growing geriatric population and burden of chronic diseases coupled with improving treatment rates
• Key players operating in the guidewires market include Boston Scientific Corporation, Abbott, Cordis (Cardinal Health) Angiodynamics, Medtronic, Stryker, Cook, Codman Neuro, and Terumo Medical Corporation.
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
Generic injectables are bio-equivalents of their branded counterparts which are not protected by drug patents. They are as safe and effective as the innovator drugs since they have similar active ingredient, dosage, strength, quality, form, etc. Although the manufacturing of generic injectables is complex, their R&D...
Certain factors that are driving the market growth include rising healthcare expenditure, growing burden of chronic diseases and advances in drug discovery and development. The burden of chronic diseases is increasing worldwide. According to WHO, chronic diseases have always been a massive global challenge, and they account for approximately...
The major factors attributing to the growth of the biosurgery market are increasing geriatric population, rising prevalence of chronic diseases and related surgeries, and a strong focus on R&D leading to the launch of new and advanced products. The global increase in the number of geriatrics population and obese people is likely to...
192 pages •
By Global Industry Analysts
• Apr 2021
- Global Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) Drugs Market to Reach $15.7 Billion by 2027
- Amid the COVID-19 crisis, the global market for Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) Drugs estimated at US$13.7 Billion in the year 2020, is projected to reach a revised size of US$15.7 Billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 1.9% over...
The global smoothies market reached a value of around US$ 14 Billion in 2020. A smoothie refers to a thick beverage which is prepared by blending an assortment of fruits, vegetables and other ingredients including milk, seeds, yogurt, ice-cubes, sweeteners, and nutritional and herbal supplements. It is high in nutrients...
415 pages •
By Global Industry Analysts
• Apr 2021
- The global market for X-ray Detectors is projected to reach US$3.5 billion by 2025 supported by the key role played by imaging and diagnosis in managing the global burden of chronic diseases. Under-diagnosis of chronic diseases is a key reason for rising disability-adjusted life years (DALY), emergency healthcare...
Trends, opportunities and forecast in medical lifting sling market to 2026 by product type (spectacles, contact lenses, and sunglasses), distribution channel (offline and online), gender (men and women), and region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Rest of the World) The future of the medical lifting sling market looks promising...
Blood Purification Equipment Market by Product Type(Portable and Stationary), Indication (Sepsis, Renal Diseases, and Others) and End User (Hospitals and Clinics, Dialysis Centers and Others): Global Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecast, 2020–2027
Blood purification allows removal of toxic or pathogenic substances...
120 pages •
By Infiniti Research Limited
• Feb 2021
Global Hemodialysis Equipment Market 2021-2025 The analyst has been monitoring the hemodialysis equipment market and it is poised to grow by $ 3.57 bn during 2021-2025, progressing at a CAGR of 4% during the forecast period. Our report on hemodialysis equipment market provides a holistic analysis, market size and forecast,...
Chronic Disease Prevalence
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.