In-depth Analysis and Data-driven Insights on the Impact of COVID-19 Included in this UK Data Center Market Report
The UK data center to grow at a CAGR of 1.86% during 2021–2026
UK DATA CENTER MARKET INSIGHTS
• In terms of power capacity, UK witnessed the construction of more than 15 data center projects in 2020, adding a cumulative power capacity of over 160 MW.
• In 2020, London was a key investment destination in the UK data center market. Manchester, Slough, and Birmingham are expected to witness increased investments in coming years.
• SliverEdge DC was a new entrant in the market in 2020. CloudHQ and Pure Data Centres are some other data center operators planning to develop hyperscale campuses in the UK.
• Many smart city initiatives are going on in the UK, such as Manchester’s Triangulum project, Future City Glasgow, Bristol Is Open, Smarter London Together, and more, which in turn, is fueling the growth of the data center market in the UK.
• Diesel generators are widely adopted among data center operators in the UK market.
• Increasing awareness of end-to-end power monitoring in facilities leads to the adoption of metered/switched PDUs among UK data center facilities.
• Most of the facility operators in the UK adopt free cooling solutions, and the country supports over 7,000 hours of free cooling per year.
The report considers the present scenario of the UK data center market and its market dynamics for the forecast period 2021?2026. It covers a detailed overview of several growth enablers, restraints, and trends in the market. The study includes the demand and supply aspects of the market.
KEY HIGHLIGHTS OF THE REPORT
• Greenfield construction dominates the UK data center market with hyperscale investments by local and global operators.
• Intelligent security systems such as high-definition cameras, security badge control systems, and biometric access are gaining traction in facilities across the country.
• SliverEdge DC opened its facility in Swindon in 2021, adding 37,000 square feet of data center space. It also has plans to expand to other locations in the country in the coming years.
• Increasing investments in AI, IoT, and 5G applications will continue to grow server revenue in the country.
• All-flash storage providers such as DELL, HPE, IBM, NetApp, and Lenovo have a strong market share in the UK.
UK DATA CENTER MARKET VENDOR LANDSCAPE ABB, Caterpillar, Cummins, Eaton, KOHLER-SDMO, Legrand, Mitsubishi Electric, Rolls-Royce Power Systems are some of the support infrastructure providers in the UK data center market. In terms of investors, Vantage Data Centers has announced to build new data center near Cardiff data center facility that will be adding over 50 MW of IT load. Echelon Data Centres LCY 10 data center facility will add around 17 MW of power capacity and is expected to be online by Q1 2022. Echelon Data Centres will start the construction of LCY 20 data center facility in Q2 2021 that will add around 19 MW of IT load.
IT Infrastructure Providers
• Arista Networks
• Cisco Systems
• Dell Technologies
• Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Construction Contractors & Sub-Contractors
• Bouygues Construction
• Hurley Palmer Flatt (HDR)
• JCA Engineering
• Kirby Group Engineering
• KMG Partnership
• Metnor Construction
• Mercury Engineering
• Oakmont Construction
• Structure Tone
Support Infrastructure Providers
• Mitsubishi Electric
• Rolls-Royce Power Systems
• Piller Power Systems
• Riello UPS
• Schneider Electric
• Ark Data Centres
• China Mobile International (CMI)
• Colt Data Centre Services
• Datum Datacentres
• Digital Realty
• Echelon Data Centres
• Iron Mountain
• Netwise Hosting
• NTT Global Data Centers
• Proximity Data Centres
• VIRTUS Data Centres
• Teledata UK
• Vantage Data Centers
REPORT COVERAGE This report analyzes the UK Data Center market share and elaborative analysis of the existing and upcoming facilities, datacenter investments in terms of IT, electrical, mechanical infrastructure, general construction, tier standard, and geography. It discusses market sizing and estimation for different segments to the investment in the facilities. The segmentation includes:
EXISTING VS. UPCOMING DATA CENTERS • Existing Facilities in the region (White Floor Area and Power Capacity)
o Other Cities
• List of Upcoming Facilities in the region (White Floor Area and Power Capacity)
UK DATA CENTER INVESTMENT COVERAGE
• Infrastructure Type
o IT Infrastructure
o Electrical Infrastructure
o Mechanical Infrastructure
o General Construction
• IT Infrastructure
o Network Infrastructure
• Electrical Infrastructure
o UPS Systems
o Transfer Switches and Switchgears
o Other Electrical Infrastructure
• Mechanical Infrastructure
o Cooling Systems
o Rack Cabinets
o Other Mechanical Infrastructure
• Cooling Systems
o CRAC & CRAH Units
o Cooling Towers, Condensers, and Dry Coolers
o Economizers & Evaporative Coolers
o Other Cooling Units
• General Construction
o Building Development
o Installation & Commissioning Services
o Building & Engineering Design
o Physical Security
o Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM)
• Tier Segments
o Tier I & Tier II
o Tier III
o Tier IV
o Other Cities
WHY SHOULD YOU BUY THIS RESEARCH?
• Market size available in the area, power capacity, investment, and colocation revenue.
• An assessment of the UK data center investment in the market by colocation, hyperscale, and enterprise operators
• Datacenter investments in terms of white floor area (square feet) and power capacity (MW) across county in the UK, along with Scotland and Wales
• A detailed study of the existing UK data center market landscape, an in-depth industry analysis, and insightful predictions about the UK data center market size during the forecast period
• Snapshot of existing and upcoming third-party facilities in the UK
o Facilities Covered (Existing): 186
o Facilities Identified (Upcoming): 11
o Coverage: 30 County
o Existing vs. Upcoming (Data Center Area)
o Existing vs. Upcoming (IT Load Capacity)
• Datacenter colocation market in the UK
o Market Revenue & Forecast (2020-2026)
o Retail Colocation Pricing
o Wholesale Colocation Pricing
• Classification of the UK data center market investments into multiple segments and sub-segments (IT, power, cooling, and general construction services) with market sizing and forecast.
• A comprehensive analysis of the latest trends, growth rate, potential opportunities, and growth restraints, and prospects for the data center market
• Business overview and product offerings of prominent IT infrastructure providers, construction contractors, support infrastructure providers, and investors operating in the market
• A transparent research methodology and the analysis of the demand and supply aspect of the market
KEY QUESTIONS ANSWERED: 1. What are some existing and upcoming Data Centers in the UK?
2. What are the investment opportunities in the UK Market?
3. What is the expected CAGR for the UK Data Center Market for the forecast period?
4. Who are the key participants for Data Center Market in the UK?
5. What are the latest trends in the UK Data Center Market?
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
In-depth Analysis and Data-driven Insights on the Impact of COVID-19 Included in this Denmark Data Center Market Report Denmark data center market to grow at a CAGR of 9.60% during 2021–2026 According to the Investment Monitor’s Data Center Rankings for 2020, Denmark was the best place to build a data center facility across...
In-depth Analysis and Data-driven Insights on the Impact of COVID-19 Included in this Global Data Center Fire Detection and Suppression Market Report The data center fire detection and suppression market by revenue is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 7.58% during the period 2021–2026. The increasing innovations in server...
In-depth Analysis and Data-driven Insights on the Impact of COVID-19 Included in this US Hyperscale Data Center Industry Outlook & Forecast Market Report The US hyperscale data center market by investment is expected to grow at a CAGR of 3.30% during the period 2021–2026. The following factors are likely to contribute to...
In-depth Analysis and Data-driven Insights on the Impact of COVID-19 Included in this Middle East & Africa Data Center Industry Outlook & Forecast Market Report The Middle East & Africa data center market by investment is expected to grow at a CAGR of 10.38% during the period 2021–2026. The following factors are likely to...
In-depth Analysis and Data-driven Insights on the Impact of COVID-19 Included in this Philippines Data Center Market - Investment Analysis and Growth Opportunities Report Philippines data center market size will witness investments of USD 535 million by 2026, growing at a CAGR of 11.40% during 2021-2026 The most preferred...
In-depth Analysis and Data-driven Insights on the Impact of COVID-19 Included in this Saudi Arabia Data Center Market Investment Analysis & Growth Opportunities Report Saudi Arabia data center market size will witness investments of USD 1180 million by 2026, growing at a CAGR of 7.85% during the period 2021-2026 The Kingdom...
In-depth Analysis and Data-driven Insights on the Impact of COVID-19 Included in this APAC Data Center Power Market - Industry Outlook and Forecast Report APAC data center power market size by investments to reach USD 5,772.7 million by 2026, growing at a CAGR of 5.49% during 2021-2026 The following factors are likely to...
In-depth Analysis and Data-driven Insights on the Impact of COVID-19 Included in this South Africa Data Center Investment Analysis & Growth Opportunities Market Report South Africa data center market size will witness investments of USD 3071 million by 2026, growing at a CAGR of 15.17% during 2021-2026 The COVID-19 pandemic...
In-depth Analysis and Data-driven Insights on the Impact of COVID-19 Included in this United Arab Emirates (UAE) Data Center Market - Investment Analysis and Growth Opportunities Report The UAE data center market size will witness investments of USD 1015 million by 2026, growing at a CAGR of 7.99% during 2021–2026 The UAE...
In-depth Analysis and Data-driven Insights on the Impact of COVID-19 Included in this APAC Hyperscale Data Center Market Report The APAC hyperscale data center market by investment is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.65% during 2021–2026. The following factors are likely to contribute to the growth of the APAC hyperscale data...
Greenhouse Gas Emissions
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.