Spain Savory Snacks - Market Assessment and Forecasts to 2024
Summary The Spanish savory snacks sector is led by the potato chips category in both value and volume terms in 2019 and the category is also forecast to register the fastest value and volume growth during 2019-2024.Hypermarkets & supermarkets is the leading channel in distribution of savory snacks in the country.
Flexible packaging is the most commonly used pack material in the sector. PepsiCo, Borges International Group, and Campofrío Food Group, S.A. are the leading companies in the Spanish savory snacks sector.
This report on the savory snacks sector in Spain provides insights on high growth markets to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and companies market shares.
What else is contained? - Sector data: Overall sector value and volume data with growth analysis for 2014-2024
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for ethnic/traditional snacks, meat snacks, nuts and seeds, popcorn, potato chips, pretzels, processed snacks with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2019-2024
- Leading players: Market share of compaines (in value terms) and private labels (in value terms) in 2019
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as cash & carries & warehouse clubs, convenience stores, department stores, food & drinks specialists, hypermarkets & supermarkets, e-retailers, “dollar stores”, variety stores & general merchandise retailers, vending machines other general retailers.
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for package materials and pack types in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Pack material data for glass, flexible packaging, rigid plastics, paper & board and rigid metal; pack type for: jar, bag/sachet, tub, speciality container, stand up pouch, carton - folding, can, pod, carton - liquid, bottle, cup, aerosol, blister pack, tube, tray, film, wrapper, clamshell, box, foil, bag-in-box, bubble top, tank, keg/drum and other pack type, closure type for: flip/snap top, screw top, prize off, twist off, plastic tie, foil, sports cap, film, cap, dispenser, lever closure, crown, stopper and other closure types, primary outer types for: carton - folding, bag, sleeve and shrink wrap and blister pack.
Scope - The per capita consumption of savory snacks was lower in Spain than both the global and the regional levels in 2019.
- The per capita consumption of potato chips was higher than other savory snacks categories in 2019.
- Hypermarkets & supermarkets was the leading distribution channel in the Spanish savory snacks sector.
- Flexible packaging is the most commonly used pack material in the Spanish savory snacks sector.
- PepsiCo, Borges International Group, and Campofrío Food Group, S.A. are the leading companies in the Spanish savory snacks sector.
Reasons to Buy - Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed company share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as real GDP, nominal GDP, consumer price index, household consumption expenditure, population (by age group, gender, rural-urban split, and employed people and unemployment rate. It also includes economic summary of the country along with labor market and demographic trends.
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
230 pages •
By Euromonitor International
• Dec 2020
Many consumers rushed to stock up on products like rice, cooking oil and frozen processed potatoes, as well as shelf stable offerings ranging from processed red meat to milk, during the early weeks of the pandemic. Larger pack sizes proved particularly popular. However, demand for discretionary products like snacks declined. The economic impact...
Mexico Dairy & Soy Food
The Mexican dairy & soy food sector is led by the milk category in both value and volume terms in 2018.Whereas, the cream category is expected to register fastest value and volume growth during 2018-2023.
Convenience stores is the leading channel for distribution...
Country Profile: Dairy & Soy Food in Colombia
The Colombian dairy & soy food sector is led by the ‘milk’ category in value terms,while Soymilk & soy drinks category is expected to register the fastest value growth during 2018-2023.Convenience stores is the leading channel for the distribution...
Country Profile: Dairy & Soy Food in Thailand
The Thai dairy & soy food sector is led by the milk category in value terms in 2018, while the yogurt category is expected to register fastest value growth during 2018-2023.Hypermarkets & supermarkets is the leading channel for the distribution...
Country Profile: Dairy & Soy Food in Ireland
The Irish dairy & soy foods sector is led by the milk category in value terms in 2018, while the yogurt category is expected to register fastest value growth during 2018-2023.Hypermarkets & supermarkets is the leading channel for distribution...
Country Profile: Dairy & Soy Food in France
The French dairy & soy food sector is led by the cheese category in value terms in 2018, while the fromage frais & quark category is expected to register fastest value growth during 2018-2023.Hypermarkets & supermarkets is the leading channel...
Household Consumption Expenditure
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.