Media in South Africa
- December 2019 •
- 59 pages •
- Report ID: 5839157 •
- Format: PDF
Media in South Africa industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2014-18, and forecast to 2023). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
- The media industry consists of the advertising, broadcasting & cable TV, publishing, and movies & entertainment markets.
- The South African media industry had total revenues of $6.0bn in 2018, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.7% between 2014 and 2018.
- The advertising segment was the industry’s most lucrative in 2018, with total revenues of $3.7bn, equivalent to 61.3% of the industry’s overall value.
- The broadcasting and cable TV segment was the quickest to recover from economic slowdown in 2016, but is being challenged by migration to online streaming services and the general pull on its audiences of internet news and entertainment.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the media market in South Africa
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the media market in South Africa
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key media market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the South Africa media market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the South Africa media market by value in 2018?
- What will be the size of the South Africa media market in 2023?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the South Africa media market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up South Africa’s media market?