Market Overview The global solar power window is an emerging technology and is expected to gain popularity over the period of 2020-2025. The favorable government policies is expected to drive the demand for solar power window over the study period. However, the factors such as lower efficiency, high initial cost and structural limitations for the solar power window is expected to act as hindrance in the growth of the solar power window market.
- The residential segment is expected to experience higher demand for solar power window over the forecast period, due to lower electricity demand.
- Europe is estimated to have the maximum share of the solar power window market, in 2018. Additionally, the growth rate of the Europe region is expected to be the highest during the forecast period, primarily due to the rapidly research and development activities in the region, over the forecast period.
- The growing electricity demand and flourishing construction sector, globally, is expected to act as an opportunity for solar power window market.
Key Market Trends Residential to Dominate the Market
- The residential sector accounts for a significant share of energy consumption for buildings globally. But the residential buildings, particularly the individual houses, have smaller flat area and lower energy demands. As a result, these homes have been mainly dependent on traditional PV rooftop modules.
- Most of the residential PV demand comes from the western countries, where, due to a relatively lower density of population, the share of individual houses in the residential sector is high. The hotspots for the building-integrated PV demand are also mainly in the western regions.
- The residential sector has a significant potential for the solar window market, and can only be exploited if either the solar windows achieve financial competitiveness with the conventional windows and/or if they achieve efficiency and commercial competitiveness with other BIPV components.
- The success of SwitchGlaze can provide significant opportunities for the market players in exploiting the residential sector. Also, SolarWindow has claimed that the product that they have developed and are about to make available in the market has a smaller payback period than the other BIPV products.
- In Sept 2018, Taiyo Kogyo Corp. has installed a sunroom using "see-through solar panels" at a private house in Gyoda City, Saitama Prefecture. With a transmittance of 10% (visible light), it eliminates the need for lighting during daylight hours. On the other hand, it blocks more than 90% of solar radiation heat, contributing to cooling the room.
- In the short-term, until an unexpected breakthrough with several installations in solar window technology, the residential market is expected to remain in the niche stage.
Europe to Dominate the Market
- Europe is expected to experience the earliest breakthrough for the technology over the forecast period.
- In 2016, the start-up called Physee – a spin-out company from the University of Delft, have developed a perfectly transparent and aesthetically unobtrusive windows. At first glance, they look like any normal modern windows. However, where an ordinary window reflects 30% of light that reaches its surface, the PowerWindow captures this light for energy generation.
- In July 2017, a Dutch bank in the Netherlands, has installed solar power windows developed by Physee with over 300 square feet. The windows generate enough power to charge a smartphone a few times a day and can’t act as a standalone power source for buildings yet.
- The technology holds a huge and promising potential in European market. The increasing need for the clean energy, government’s focus on reduction of carbon emissions and decreasing available land for installation for conventional solar panels at the load centers, is expected to create the demand for solar power windows over the forecast period, in the region.
Competitive Landscape The global solar power window market is consolidated, due to the small number of active companies operating in the industry. The key players in this market include Physee, Brite Solar, Onyx Solar Energy S.L, Solaria Corporation and EnergyGlass.
Reasons to Purchase this report: - The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client’s requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
India Power Market Outlook to 2030, Update 2021 - Market Trends, Regulations, and Competitive Landscape Summary This report discusses the power market structure of India and provides historical and forecast numbers for capacity, generation, and consumption up to 2030.Detailed analysis of the country’s...
The colorless polyimide films market is projected to grow from USD 70 million in 2021 to USD 1,162 million by 2026, at a CAGR of 75.3% from 2021 to 2026. The increasing demand for colorless polyimide films from applications such as flexible displays, flexible solar cells, and flexible printed circuit boards, among others, is expected to drive...
The Trinidad and Tobago solar energy installed capacity registered to be 3 megawatts (MW) in 2020 and is estimated to be around 184 MW in 2026, registering an expected growth at a CAGR of 109.24% from 2021 to 2026. However, the crash of global energy markets amid the COVID-19 pandemic and the growing threat of climate change provide an impetus...
Ray of light: Government support will likely continue to help the industry compete with other energy sources Abstract Solar Power in the US The Solar Power industry has experienced clear skies over the five years to 2019, propelled by favorable government incentives in the form of renewable portfolio...
The global solar energy installed capacity registered to be 728 GW and is estimated to be 1645 gigawatts (GW) in 2026 and are expected to grow at a CAGR of 13.78% from 2021 to 2026. With the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020, the global solar energy market did not witness any direct significant impact. In fact, many countries ramped up solar panel...
United Kingdom (UK) Power Market Outlook to 2030, Update 2021 - Market Trends, Regulations, and Competitive Landscape Summary This report discusses the power market structure of United Kingdom and provides historical and forecast numbers for capacity, generation, and consumption up to 2030.Detailed...
Sunny days: As tax credits remain in effect, demand for solar farms is expected to continue rising Abstract Solar Farm Developers The Solar Farm Developers industry has expanded over the five years to 2018. Demand for construction of utility-scale solar power projects has skyrocketed thanks in large...
Vietnam Solar Photovoltaic (PV) Analysis - Market Outlook to 2030, Update 2021 Summary "Vietnam Solar Photovoltaic (PV) Analysis - Market Outlook to 2030, Update 2021” is the latest report from the industry analysis specialists that offer comprehensive information and understanding of the solar...
India Renewable Energy Policy Handbook 2021 Summary "India Renewable Energy Policy Handbook 2021” is among the latest country specific policy reports from the industry analysis specialist. The report offers comprehensive information on major policies governing the renewable energy market in the...
Abstract Solar Power Generation in China The Solar Power Generation industry in China generates power by solar energy. The industry includes photovoltaic (PV) power generation and solar thermal power generation. Solar power generation usually refers to PV power generation, which uses solar cells to directly...
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.