Market Overview The bitcoin technology market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 8.3% over the forecast period 2019 - 2024. Due to zero risk of inflation, bitcoin is trending over the years. Bitcoin system was created with the sole purpose of being finite. Thus, without the possibilities of issuing excess currency, the threat of inflation comes down to almost zero. This point benefits both the seller and the buyer.
- Transaction fees for bitcoin payments are significantly lower in comparison to the ones made for credit and debit card purchases. This feature is an advantage for SMEs as they have a limited budget. There is no fee to receive bitcoins, and many wallets let the user control how large a fee to pay when spending. Higher fees can encourage faster confirmation of a transaction.
- Bitcoin mining has caused huge burden on the climate. According to the Technical University of Munich, in 2018 bitcoin emitted over 22 megatonnes of carbon dioxide annually, comparable to the total emissions of cities such as Las Vegas and Vienna.
Scope of the Report Bitcoin is a consensus network that enables a new payment system and is completely digital money. It is the first decentralized peer-to-peer payment network that is powered by its users with no central authority or middlemen. Bitcoin can also be seen as the most prominent triple entry book-keeping system in existence, which is now being used in sectors like BFSI, E-Commerce and Hospitality.
Key Market Trends BFSI to Occupy the Largest Market Share
- A bitcoin payment is faster, cheaper, safer and less volatile than the local currencies in many countries. Therefore, it can be used in these countries for storing values, besides being used to pay for many products and services around the world and on the Internet.
- The utility of bitcoin is that financial transactions no longer require any central authority and are immediately validated, cleared and settled. Bitcoin technology appears to be an innovation which promises a major change for capital markets and other financial services.
- Banks are keen to take the opportunity to reduce transaction costs and the amount of paper that they process. Bitcoin can potentially save banks billions in cash by dramatically reducing processing costs.
- Financial institutions have also grown eager to create investment products around cryptocurrencies. Bitcoin futures allows one to buy a future amount of Bitcoin at today’s price.
- According to Coin ATM Radar, as of March 2019, the main manufacturers of the Bitcoin ATMs were Genesis Coin and General Bytes, with 31.5 % and 31.4 % of the market share, respectively. The number of global bitcoin ATMs is also on the rise.
North America to Witness the Highest Growth
- North America is one of the fastest growing regions when it comes to bitcoin mining and vendors offering bitcoin services also are expanding in this region. For instance, Binance, the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchange by volume, announced launching a U.S. division in June 2019.
- As the awareness of bitcoin is increasing. Newegg – the leading tech-focused e-retailer in North America announced to give customers in Canada the option of paying with bitcoin. This move will drive the demand for bitcoin among consumers.
- In June 2019, Plouton Mining announces its aims to build what will be the largest solar-powered mining operation in North America, providing people with an opportunity to participate in the growing bitcoin economy in a sustainable and affordable way.
- According to Coin ATM Radar, highest number of bitcoin ATMs is in United States (3229 locations), followed by Canada (687 locations), as on 2018. This indicates the trend of bitcoin buying and selling in North America.
Competitive Landscape The market is fragmented with startups coming up in last 5 years which are offering commercial activities related to bitcoin. In the current scenario, most of the online merchants have started enjoying the anonymity and efficiency of bitcoin payments, which allows them to cut overhead costs compared to credit or debit cards transactions.
- June 2019 - Facebook announced its new Libra cryptocurrency, which will let users make purchases or send money to people with virtually no fees—either online or at local exchange points like grocery stores.
- March 2019 - Venezuelan Government launched crypto remittance service, where remittances can be sent using two types of currency litecoin and bitcoin. The service was launched by the Superintendency of Cryptoassets and Related Activities, Venezuela’s main crypto regulator, which has also set a monthly limit and a commission per transaction.
- January 2019 - Blockstream entered a joint venture called Crypto Garage with Japanese fintech industry heavyweights Digital Garage and Tokyo Tanshi. It is dedicated to building Bitcoin and blockchain solutions for the Japanese institutional market.
Reasons to Purchase this report: - The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client’s requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
This IDC Market Perspective looks at the recently submitted STABLE Act, a bill introduced into the U. S. Congress. The bill represents an attempt by U.S. legislators to control growth of stablecoins -- currency tokens with a value pegged to a basket of securities or currencies. While the bill is unlikely to gain much traction during this legislative...
This IDC study provides 10 predictions for the growing blockchain and distributed ledger technology market."Blockchain and distributed ledger technology, as a distinct technology discipline, has evolved rapidly in the past two years," said James Wester, research director, Worldwide Blockchain Strategies and lead author of this document. "We...
The Global Video Analytics Market was valued at USD 1528.1 million in 2019, and it is expected to reach USD 4142.7 million by 2025, registering a CAGR of 24.5% during the period of 2020-2025. Analytics has enabled various end-users in the usage of specific data insights into actionable intelligence for numerous functions. The ideas could be...
The high-performance computing market is expected to witness a CAGR of 6.13% over the forecast period from 2020 to 2025. Factors, such as increasing investments in the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT), artificial intelligence (AI), and engineering, which demand electronic design automation (EDA), are likely to drive the market over the...
Digital Banking Transformation - Thematic Research
Digital banking comprises a vast ecosystem of provider types and business models. This report looks specifically at whether incumbent banks can digitize at sufficient pace and scale to protect existing customer numbers and revenue pools.
The global business rules management system market size would grow from USD 1.0 billion in 2020 to USD 1.8 billion by 2025, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 11.8% during the forecast period. The growth of the business rules management system market can be attributed to reduced dependency on IT teams for writing business rules and...
The global data discovery market size to grow from USD 7.0 billion in 2020 to USD 14.4 billion by 2025, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 15.6% during the forecast period. Various factors such as the growing need to discover sensitive structured and unstructured data, increasing investments in data privacy with evolving regulations,...
The system of insight market was valued at US$ 1,537.86 million in 2019 and it is projected to reach US$ 4,914.52 million by 2027; it is expected to grow at a CAGR of 15.9% from 2020 to 2027. Due to digital transformation, the operations are handled automatically, mitigating human errors and increasing business productivity.Industries...
As the urbanization Mega Trend gains momentum, water infrastructure and resources are experiencing extreme stress across the globe.An expanded population density within cities has driven the need to develop policies and regulatory frameworks aimed at curbing water loss and improving water conservation.
The monetary loss caused by...
Macy’s, Inc. - Enterprise Tech Ecosystem Series Summary Macy’s Inc (Macy’s) is an omnichannel fashion retailer operating through three brands: Macy’s, Bloomingdale’s, and Bluemercury.It sells home furnishing, apparel, bed and bath accessories, cosmetics, jewelry, fragrances, shoes, handbags and other...
Online Retail Sales
Number Of Retail Outlets
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.