Market Overview The global thermal spray equipment market is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 6% during the forecast period of 2019 - 2024. The major factors driving the market studied include expanding automotive manufacturing sector in Asia-Pacific region and the rising popularity of thermal spray ceramic coatings. Emergence of hard trivalent chrome coatings is expected to significantly hinder the growth of the market studied.
- Aerospace industry is expected to dominate the global market during the forecast period.
- Replacement of hard chrome coatings is likely to act as opportunities in the future.
Key Market Trends Growing Demand from Aerospace Industry
- Thermal sprays equipment are largely employed for several purposes in jet engines components, such as crankshafts, piston rings, cylinders, valves, and so on.
- In addition to these, they are also applied in the coating of landing gear, in order to withstand the forces during landing and take-off.
- Thermal spray coatings systems are used for coating purposes in rocket combustion chambers, compressor air seals, and high-pressure nozzles, respectively.
- Coatings of chromium cobalt, aluminum oxide, and chromium carbide are employed in turbine air seals, fuel nozzles, and turbine vanes, respectively.
- Boeing led the aerospace industry in adapting and implementing the use of thermal spray equipment as an alternative for hard chromium plating on numerous structural components.
- All in all, there is a promising growth for the demand of thermal spray equipment in the aerospace industry, over the forecast period.
China to Dominate the Demand in Asia-Pacific Region
- The thermal spray equipment market in China is experiencing healthy growth, mirroring the manufacturing section of aerospace and automotive industry of the country.
- China is one of the largest producers of steel, and steel mills use thermal spray coatings for protection. In the steel industry, mainly coatings of processing rolls by HVOF, spray fusing, plasma spraying, and plasma-transferred arc overlaying welding are used.
- The Chinese aerospace policy represents one of the most comprehensive attempts to enter the top levels of aerospace development and production. China is expected to be the world’s largest single?country market for civil aircraft sales in the next 20 years.
- According to the International Trade Administration, Boeing estimates that China will need to add more than 6,000 planes to its commercial fleet to meet the traffic demand.
- China has the second largest domestic aviation market in the world. It also has the world’s fastest growing domestic aviation industry, with passenger traffic increasing at the rate of 6.6% per year.
- Therefore, the demand for thermal spray equipment is expected to increase significantly in the country in the upcoming years.
Competitive Landscape The global thermal spray equipment market is fragmented in nature. The major players of the market studied include, Oerlikon, Praxair S.T. Technology, Inc., Saint-Gobain, and Donaldson Company Inc. amongst others.
Reasons to Purchase this report: - The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client’s requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
The metal finishing market is expected to register a CAGR of around 6% during the forecast period. The factors driving the growth of the market studied are increasing demand for durable, wear-resistant, and long-lasting metal products and increasing demand for electric vehicles in the Asia-Pacific region. On the flipside, environmental restrictions...
The market for thermal spray coatings is expected to register a CAGR of more than 6% during the forecast period. The market’s growth is primarily driven by the extensive usage of thermal spray coatings in the aerospace sector, primarily for components, such as jet engine components, landing gear, and turbine blades, along with the increasing...
The thermal spray market is expected to register a CAGR of 6.5% during the forecast period (2019-2024). One of the major factors driving the market studied is the expanding automotive manufacturing sector in the Asia-Pacific region. Rising popularity of thermal spray ceramic coatings is also likely to boost...
The global thermal spray market is expected to reach USD 12,783.16 million, recording a CAGR of 6.91% during the forecast period. The growth is largely fuelled by its extensive usage in the aerospace sector in components, such as jet engine components, landing gear and turbine blades, along with a growing usage of components, such as cylinders,...
The market for thermal spray coatings is expected to register a significant growth during the forecast period, 2018 to 2023. This significant growth in the market is primarily driven by rising popularity of thermal spray ceramics coatings globally. Increasing Popularity of Ceramics Coatings Driving the Market Thermal...
Paint And Coating
Crude Oil Price
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.