Market Overview The medical document management systems market is expected to witness a CAGR of 13.5% during the forecast period.
- Certain factors that are driving the market growth include rising adoption of healthcare IT and the need for medical records retention and government initiatives.
- The changing healthcare practices and increasing adoption of health information management systems and electronic medical records systems have driven the market for medical document management systems. The United States has a large number of electronic miscellaneous documents (EMDS) solution providers. Therefore, there has been an increasing adoption of health information management systems, such as electronic medical record (EMR), health information management (HIM), radiology information system (RIS), and picture archiving and communication system (PACS), which has also helped in the growth of the medical electronic document management systems market.
- However, with the increasing use of the electronic medical record (EMR), there have been security concerns related to data privacy. It has been witnessed that many organizations lack transparency in their data management practices. Moreover, in order to address the data security issues, several regulations have been established by government agencies, which mandate the life sciences organizations to implement several controls over their electronic signatures (ERES) and electronic records to ensure the authenticity, integrity, and confidentiality of clinical data. This has remained a major restraint for the big pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, due to which the companies are reluctant in adopting the web- and cloud-based solutions, thereby restraining the growth of the market.
Scope of the Report Medical document management systems allow medical institutes to maintain and organize electronic medical records. Such systems provide easy to use, fast to implement, and smart process systems to improve the effectiveness of practice, lower the retention costs of medical records, facilitate workflow, and improve the quality of patient care and patient safety. The market is primarily driven by the demand for efficient data management tools in healthcare settings.
Key Market Trends The Web-based and Cloud-based Segment is Expected to Show Lucrative Growth in the Market
The cloud-based solution is a comparatively new approach and is mostly used by the organizations, who lack the internal infrastructure to support it. The installation cost for these systems is lower than the on-premises systems. Moreover, this software eradicates the need for in-house maintenance, which is likely to be the prime factor driving their demand. The cloud-based system is anticipated to be the fastest-growing segment, due to the low cost of installation, implementation, and setting up these systems. Mostly, the big pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies are now increasingly adopting cloud-based systems. This increased adoption of cloud-based systems by companies can be attributed to low costs associated with purchasing of servers and installation and validation of applications (and their maintenance).
North America Dominates the Market
North America dominated the medical document management systems market, owing to the well-developed and established healthcare industry and higher penetration rate of such systems into healthcare practices. In the United States, the administrative costs for hospitals and healthcare clinics constitute more than 25% of the total expenditure. Therefore, there has been a surge in the adoption of medical document management systems over the past few years in the country, and in the region, in order to curb these huge expenses. The Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act promotes the adoption of health IT, which also encourages the implementation of medical data organization tools in hospitals and clinics. This factor is also anticipated to boost the growth of the market.
Competitive Landscape The medical document management systems market is highly competitive and consists of a few major players. Companies, like 3M, Allscripts Healthcare Solutions Inc., Cerner Corporation, EPIC Systems Corporation, GE Healthcare, Hyland Software Inc., Kofax Ltd, McKesson, Nextgen Healthcare Information Systems LLC, and Siemens AG, among others, hold a substantial share in the market studied.
Reasons to Purchase this report: - The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client’s requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
The global nuclear medicine market is projected to reach USD 7.5 billion by 2026 from USD 4.8billion in 2021, at a CAGR of 9.0% during the forecast period. Growth in the nuclear medicine market can primarily be attributed to factors such as the increasing incidence and prevalence of cancer and cardiac ailments and initiatives to lessen the...
The breathable membrane market size is estimated to be USD 849 Million in 2021 and is projected to reach USD 1,145 Million by 2026, at a CAGR of 6.2%. The specialty breathable membranes market has witnessed consistent growth owing to significant growth in healthcare/medical, textile and others. Factors such as consistently growing concern...
The global revenue cycle management market is projected to reach USD 67.8 billion by 2026 from USD 40.9 billion in 2021, at a CAGR of 10.6% during the forecast period. The growth of this market is majorly attributed to the growing regulatory requirements & government initiatives to boost the adoption of RCM solutions, increasing patient volumes,...
5G stands for the fifth generation of mobile communication technology. With each generation’s new technology and standards, there have been improvements in transmission speed and network capacity. 5G represents a big leap in cellular technology and in healthcare by providing essential levels of connectivity to enable a new health ecosystem,...
The global infection surveillance solutions market is to reach USD 1,033 million by 2026 from USD 508 million in 2021, at a CAGR of 15.2%. The growth in this market can primarily be attributed to the increasing incidence of HAIs and increasing surgical procedures. The rising healthcare expenditure, an increasing number of surgeries, the growing...
The global healthcare BPO market is projected to reach USD 468.5 billion by 2026 from USD 296.4 billion in 2021, at a CAGR of 9.6% during the forecast period. Healthcare BPO is a practice in which healthcare organizations outsource their business operations to third-party organizations. The aim of healthcare business process outsourcing services...
The global amniotic products market is projected to reach USD 1.0 billion by 2026 from USD 0.7 billion in 2021, at a CAGR of 8.2% during the forecast period. The growth in this market can be attributed to the growth in the target patient population, rising incidence of burn injuries, awareness programs for wound care treatment and management,...
The master patient index software market in Middle East and Africa is expected to grow from US$ 31.2 million in 2021 to US$ 52.7 million by 2028; it is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 7.8% from 2021 to 2028. Continuously rising need of better healthcare services, as a basic requirement, is encouraging advancements in the healthcare sector in...
The healthcare/medical simulation market is expected to reach USD 3.4 billion by 2026 from USD 1.7 billion in 2021, at a CAGR of 15.1% from 2021 to 2026. The limited access to live patients during training, advancements in medical education, increasing demand for minimally invasive treatments, increasing focus on patient safety, and growing...
Real-world data and real-world evidence are used to monitor the post-market safety and adverse events of drugs.The monitoring of this data assists in making regulatory decisions. The healthcare community is using RWE and RWD to support coverage decisions and to develop guidelines and decision support tools for use in clinical practice. The...
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.