Global Memory Chip Market
- March 2020 •
- 143 pages •
- Report ID: 5877545 •
- Format: PDF
The market for memory chips is segmented into the following categories -
- By type: Volatile and non-volatile. Within volatile part it includes DRAM and SRAM, and within non-volatile part it includes FeRAM, MRAM, PCM, EEPROM and NAND flash, among others.
- By Interface: PCIe and I2C, SATA, SAS, DDR and others. (USB and OTG.)
- By application: Consumer electronics, industrial, telecommunications, automotive, home automation and others.
- By region: North America is segmented by the U.S., Canada and Mexico. Europe is segmented by the U.K., Germany and Rest of Europe. Asia-Pacific is segmented by China, India and Rest of Asia-Pacific. Rest of the World (RoW) is segmented into Latin America, Middle East and Rest of RoW.
In addition to an industry and competitive analysis of the market for memory chips, this report also exhaustively covers patents and company profiles of key players active in the global market.
- 90 tables
- A detailed overview of the global memory chip market within the semiconductor manufacturing industry
- Analyses of the regional and country-specific market trends, with market size in dollar value terms from 2018 to 2019, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2024
- Discussion of market potential for memory chips, their sustainable applications across various industry verticals
- Market analysis and revenue forecasts on the basis of type of memory chip, end use application, interface type, and geographical region covering North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and emerging economies from rest of the world (RoW)
- Key insight into the innovation-driven market opportunities, drivers and limitations and their overall impact on growth trajectory; and future outlook of the memory chip industry
- Emphasis on leading chipmakers offering NAND flash memory, considered the fastest-growing NV semiconductor product and primary usage in solid state computing, their global share within this business segment
- Review of relevant patent data and new developments covering significant allotments of the U.S. patents on memory chips
- Information pertaining to competitive landscape of leading market participants, their business strategies, product offerings, financial details and market share analysis
- Comprehensive profiles of major commercial players, including Broadcom Inc., Hewlett Packard Enterprise Co., Intel, Nvidia Corp., NEC Corp., Qualcomm Inc., Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. and Transcend Information Inc.
Memory chips which are used for storing any data or information are available in different shapes and sizes based on application.The data are stored either temporarily through random access memory (RAM) or permanently through read only memory (ROM).
The processor can read but cannot modify the permanent stored data.The rising penetration of smartphone and Laptops are driving the market rapidly.
With the introduction of smart households and smart cities, the demand for memory chips is at an all-time high.
The market for memory chips is expected to witness substantial growth during the period of forecast.There is tremendous demand and growth of the electronics industry across the globe.
This is the main driving factor behind the market for memory chips.Europe and North America are anticipated to hold dominant positions in the global market owing to rapid technological advancements in these regions, presence of well-established players and early adoption of etching equipment across these regions.
Memory chips have a diverse range of applications because of their storage capability and stability.
Memory chips are used in multiple applications including -
The market for memory chips is expected to witness growth over the forecast period of 2019 to 2024.The factors driving growth are primarily the increasing demand from a range of application areas such as Smartphones, Laptops/PCs and Cameras, and others, coupled with extensive global research and development activities.
Further, the market for memory chips is set to grow because of its wide range of applications.Studies and research on this subject have introduced a wide range of areas for the use of memory chips.
With the latest technological developments, the market is expected to spread its operations and applications globally.
Asia-Pacific generated the highest revenue in the market in 2018 at REDACTED, and it is expected to grow to REDACTED in 2024 with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of REDACTED.North America is a quick adopter of memory chips with a CAGR of REDACTED.
The rest of the world region is expected to see the highest CAGR of REDACTED during the forecast period, reaching REDACTED in 2024 from REDACTE D in 2018.