Smart Electricity Meters Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Phase (Single-phase, Three-phase), By End Use (Residential, Commercial, Industrial), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2020 - 2027
The global smart electricity meters market size is expected to reach USD 18.9 billion by 2027. The market is anticipated to expand at a revenue-based CAGR of 7.8% from 2020 to 2027. The rising demand for energy security has been prevailing in the energy sector for a long time. Renewable energy generation has sufficed this demand to a certain extent. Still, the energy provided by such systems is intermittent, and thus energy conservation and efficient utilization of power are the key aspects of energy security. Smart meters deliver instantaneous data regarding power consumption that can be analyzed and the consumption can be controlled, stabilizing the energy demands.
These smart systems help the commercial end-use segment considerably as they assist in increasing the energy efficiency by providing real-time pricing and consumption data, which is directly related to the spending of the division.Smart meters are a fundamental component of an intelligent grid network.
The smart grids are used to monitor and control the transmission system, which is an enhancement over the conventional electrical network. The initialization of smart grids in various regions is expected to fuel the demand for smart electric metering systems over the forecast period.
Increasing regulatory initiatives for the installation of smart electricity meters in various regions around the globe are likely to spur the market demand over the forecast period.For instance, smart/intelligent electricity metering regulations have been established for the European region, set up by the European Commission and most of the European population have adopted smart electricity meters under this mandate.
The benefits of smart meters, such as time-based pricing, net metering, energy prepayment, power quality monitoring, communications with other intelligent devices, and energy theft detection, are encouraging the adoption of smart electricity meters in all countries.
Further key findings from the study suggest: • Growing adoption of smart grids by several regions is anticipated to drive the market growth over the forecast period
• The residential segment is expected to hold significant smart electricity meters market share in 2019, owing to the need for customer energy management and flexibility in power load
• The commercial end-use segment is expected to witness a considerable growth rate over the projected period owing to growing commercial buildings in urban areas
• Europe market is expected to demonstrate substantial growth over the forecast period due to large-scale adoption of smart meters under regulations imposed by the European Commission
• The key players in the smart electricity meters market areABB; GENERAL ELECTRIC; Holley Technology LTD.; Elster Group GmbH; Iskraemeco d.d.; Itron Inc.; Landis+Gyr; Schneider Electric, Inc.; and Siemens, among others.
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
The advanced distribution management system market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 16.43% during the forecast period. Increasing renewable energy demand across the world, the surging requirements for better customer service and utility efficiency, and rapid development of the smart grid are some of the major factors driving the growth of...
446 pages •
By Global Industry Analysts
• Apr 2021
- Overcoming several immediate term challenges posed by the ongoing corona virus pandemic, the global market for Recloser Control is projected to reach US$1. 4 billion by 2027. Shuttered factories and commercial establishments come as a short-term blow to utilities and for all players in the energy value chain,...
1051 pages •
By Global Industry Analysts
• Apr 2021
- The global market for Power Transmission and Distribution Equipment is projected to exceed US$200 billion by 2024, driven by the ever-present demand for energy; growing trend towards distributed energy generation; and rising investments in smart grids. Other major factors also poised to drive growth in the...
Distributed Power Generation - Thematic Research
Today’s state-of-the-art electric power supply and delivery systems comprise a complex array of electrical components including power generation, transmission, voltage control, and power delivery with multiple points of supply and use. Technology...
The Europe renewable methanol market is estimated to register a CAGR of 2.75% in terms of revenue, and 2.31% in terms of volume, across the forecast period of 2019 to 2028. The key factors driving market growth include, increased electricity generation from renewable energy resources, and the growing need...
Autogrid, Inc. - Tech Innovator Profile
AutoGrid, Inc. is a leading flexibility management software provider for the energy sector.
The report provides information and insights into AutoGrid’s, including -
- Overview of the company and its product...
This report is 80% complete and can be delivered within three working days post order confirmation and will include the latest impact analysis of Covid-19 in 2020 and forecast. Europe Energy as a Service Market By Service Type (Power Generation Services, Energy Efficiency and Optimization Services and Operational and...
The global electrical digital twin market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 15.4% from 2019 to 2024 The global electrical digital twin market is projected to reach USD 1,642 million by 2024 from an estimated USD 804 million in 2019, at a CAGR of 15.4% during the forecast period. This growth can be attributed to factors...
This IDC Perspective summarizes topics discussed at the seventh IDC Pan-European Utilities Executive Summit, hosted by IDC Energy Insights in Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat, France, on March 18 and 19, 2019. The main theme of the summit was "Relevance, Risk, and Resilience: The 3Rs that Matter in the Utilities' Transformation Journey," a rule of thumb...
Company Profile: AutoGrid Systems, Inc. Summary AutoGrid Systems, Inc. is one of the leading flexibility management software providers for the energy sector. AutoGrid develops flexibility management software applications integrated with technologies like AI, IoT, and virtual reality for enabling...
Internet Of Things
El Paso County
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.