Aspergillosis -Market Insights, Epidemiology and Market Forecast– 2030
- May 2020 •
- 200 pages •
- Report ID: 5891565 •
- Format: PDF
‘Aspergillosis -Market Insights, Epidemiology and Market Forecast– 2030’ report delivers an in-depth understanding of the aspergillosis, historical and forecasted epidemiology as well as the aspergillosis market trends in the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and United Kingdom) and Japan.
The aspergillosis market report provides current treatment practices, emerging drugs, and market share of the individual therapies, current and forecasted 7MM aspergillosis market size from 2017 to 2030. The report also covers current aspergillosis treatment practice/algorithm, market drivers, market barriers and unmet medical needs to curate the best of the opportunities and assesses the underlying potential of the market.
• The United States
• EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom)
Study Period: 2017–2030
Aspergillosis Disease Understanding and Treatment Algorithm
Aspergillus is a type of fungus found throughout the world that can cause infection in primarily immunocompromised hosts and individuals with the underlying pulmonary disease. There are more than 180 different types of aspergillus have been identified and more are continuing to be identified. The infection which is caused by aspergillus is known as aspergillosis. The primary route of infection is through the respiratory tract. Aspergillus, however, can infect other tissues such as skin, sinuses, central nervous system, eyes, and nails or become disseminated throughout the body.
There are many different types of aspergillosis but the major one includes invasive aspergillosis, chronic aspergillosis, and allergic aspergillosis. The symptoms of aspergillosis can vary depending upon the specific form of the disorder present
The diagnosis of aspergillosis is based on the identification of characteristic symptoms, a detailed patient history, a thorough clinical evaluation and a variety of specialized tests such as bronchoscopy with biopsy, x-rays, antigen skin tests, tissue culture or blood tests. The early diagnosis of apegillosis remains a challengeing issue. In case of invasive aspergillosis, the early diagnosis is critical to survival; however, a lung tissue biopsy is often not feasible. If left undiagnosed and untreated, IPA is almost always fatal. Diagnosis of IPA requires a combination of clinical, radiological and microbiological features, including detection of the antigen galactomannan. The diagnosis of CPA requires a combination of characteristics that are all present for at least three months. There is no individual test that establishes the diagnosis of allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis. The diagnosis is based on classic clinical manifestations, radiographic findings, and immunological findings namely aspergillus skin test, blood test, bronchoscopy and others.
The current treatment of aspergillosis vary according to the types and subtypes of aspergillosis. Treatment for ABPA includes anti-inflammatory drugs (corticosteroids), antifungal drugs, anti IgE therapy and antibiotics. In case of Chronic Pulmonary Aspergillosis (CPA) first-line therapy includes oral triazoles and itraconazole while second and theird line treatments are voriconazole and posaconazole, isavuconazole respectively. Amphotericin B and Echinocandins are used as fourth line of treatment in CPA. Therapies like amphotericin B, azoles (voriconazole, and isavuconazole), echinocandins, and combination therapy like voriconazole plus echinocandin are mainly used in the treatment of IA while surgery plays an important role mainly in rarer disease manifestations of invasive disease including sinusitis and osteomyelitis.
It covers the details of conventional and current medical therapies available in the aspergillosis market for the treatment of the various types of aspergillosis. It also provides the treatment guidelines and algorithms of the United States and Europe. The aspergillosis market report gives a thorough understanding of aspergillosis by including details such as disease definition, types, causes, risk factors, pathogenesis, and diagnosis.
The disease epidemiology covered in the report provides historical as well as forecasted epidemiology segmented by Total Prevalent Cases of Aspergillosis, Total Diagnosed and Treated Cases of Aspergillosis, and Diagnosed and Treated Cases of Aspergillosis by Type scenario of aspergillosis in the 7MM market covering the United States, EU5 countries (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and United Kingdom) and Japan from 2017 to 2030.
This section provides glimpses of the aspergillosis epidemiology in the 7MM.
• As per analysis, the total prevalent cases of aspergillosis in the 7MM was found to be 1,683,616 in 2017. The estimates show the total prevalent cases of invasive aspergillosis in the US was found to be 33,165 cases in 2017.
• Among 7MM, Allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis (ABPA) reported the highest number of prevalent cases of with 15, 99,961 cases in 2017.
Country Wise- Aspergillosis Epidemiology
The epidemiology segment also provides the aspergillosis epidemiology data and findings across the United States, EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom) and Japan.
Aspergillosis Drug Chapters
The drug chapter segment of the aspergillosis report encloses the detailed analysis of aspergillosis marketed drugs and mid and late stage pipeline drugs. It also helps to understand the aspergillosis clinical trial details, expressive pharmacological action, agreements and collaborations, approval and patent details of each included drug and the latest news and press releases.
Aspergillosis Marketed Drugs
Cresemba: Astellas Pharma/ Basilea Pharmaceutica International
Cresemba (isavuconazonium sulfate) is an azole antifungal. The drug was co-developed by Basilea Pharmaceutica International with Astellas Pharma under an agreement granting Astellas a license to commercialize this product in the United Sates. Basilea holds full rights to commercialize isavuconazole in markets outside the US. It is indicated for the treatment of Invasive Aspergillosis in patients 18 years of age and older. In May 2013, the US FDA granted Orphan Designation to Cresemba for the treatment of Invasive Aspergillosis. Further, in December 2013, the US FDA granted Qualified Infectious Disease Product (QIDP) for the treatment of Invasive Aspergillosis. QIDP status provides priority review and a five-year extension of market exclusivity if a product receiving such a designation is approved in the United States.
Products detail in the report…
Aspergillosis Emerging Drugs
Olorofim (formerly F901318), is an antifungal drug that act via novel mechanisms are urgently needed to combat the high mortality of invasive fungal disease and the emergence of resistance to existing therapies. It is a member of a novel class of antifungals that prevents the growth of ascomycetous mold species via inhibition of dihydroorotate dehydrogenase, an enzyme of de novo pyrimidine biosynthesis, a mechanism of action distinct from that of currently available antifungal drugs. The drug is currently in phase II clinical developmental trial and the trial is anticipated to be completed by February 2021.
Scynexis is developing the first representative, a novel class of structurally-distinct glucan synthase inhibitors, triterpenoids known as Ibrexafungerp (formerly known as SCY-078). It has shown activity against Aspergillus, Candida and multidrug-resistant (MDR) species. Ibrexafungerp combines the well-established activity of glucan synthase inhibitors with the flexibility of oral and IV formulations, offering broad use across different settings (in-patient and out-patient). However, this drug is being adiministred orally in phase III clinical development trial. It has the potential to be an essential therapy in the treatment of multiple serious fungal infections, including Vulvovaginal Candidiasis (VVC), invasive candidiasis, Invasive Aspergillosis (IA) and refractory invasive fungal infections.
Pulmocide is developing PC945, a novel inhaled triazole for the treatment of Pulmonary Aspergillosis. The investigational therapy is designed to deliver high local lung concentrations, retention in lung tissues that offers a long duration of action and minimal systemic exposure. In the trial, 10 participants were enrolled and the study is anticipated to be completed by August 2020.
Products detail in the report…
Aspergillosis Market Outlook
At present, the major treatment modality used for the management of Aspergillosis includes antifungal medications, which include Azoles, Echinocandins, and Amphotericin B, and others. It is important to mention that, the treatment of Aspergillosis varies depending upon the type of Aspergillosis present, and the extent of the infection. Besides this, factors like patients’ overall health also play a major role. Other than pharmacological treatment choices, surgery is also recommended. This is often recommended along with antifungal medications when the sinuses, the gastrointestinal system, or the heart are infected.
The aspergillosis market outlook of the report helps to build a detailed comprehension of the historic, current and forecasted aspergillosis market trends by analyzing the impact of current therapies on the market, unmet needs, drivers and barriers, and demand of better technology.
This segment gives a thorough detail of aspergillosis market trend of each marketed drug and late-stage pipeline therapy by evaluating their impact based on annual cost of therapy, inclusion and exclusion criteria’s, mechanism of action, compliance rate, growing need of the market, increasing patient pool, covered patient segment, expected launch year, competition with other therapies, brand value, their impact on the market and view of the key opinion leaders. The calculated market data are presented with relevant tables and graphs to give a clear view of the market at first sight.
According to DelveInsight, aspergillosis 7MM market is expected to change in the study period 2017–2030.
This section includes a glimpse of the aspergillosis 7MM market.
• According to Delveinsight estimates, the highest contribution in the market size of aspergillosis will be from the United States followed by Japan, UK, and Germany in 2030.
• In the total market size, the highest market size is covered by ABPA therapies followed by IA and CPA owing to patient pool.
• The market size of aspergillosis in the 7MM was found to be USD 2,425 million in 2017.
The United States Market Outlook
This section provides the total aspergillosis market size and market size by therapies in the United States.
EU-5 Market Outlook
The total aspregillosis market size and market size by therapies in Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom are provided in this section.
Japan Market Outlook
The total aspergillosis market size and market size by therapies in Japan are provided.
Aspergillosis Drugs Uptake
This section focusses on the rate of uptake of the potential drugs recently launched in the aspergillosis market or expected to get launched in the market during the study period 2017–2030. The analysis covers aspergillosis market uptake by drugs; patient uptake by therapies; and sales of each drug.
This helps in understanding the drugs with the most rapid uptake, reasons behind the maximal use of new drugs and allow the comparison of the drugs on the basis of market share and size which again will be useful in investigating factors important in market uptake and in making financial and regulatory decisions.
Aspergillosis Development Activities
The report provides insights into different therapeutic candidates in phase II, and phase III stage. It also analyzes key players involved in developing targeted therapeutics.
Pipeline Development Activities
The report covers the detailed information of collaborations, acquisition and merger, licensing and patent details for aspergillosis emerging therapies.
Competitive Intelligence Analysis
We perform competitive and market Intelligence analysis of the aspergillosis market by using various competitive intelligence tools that include–SWOT analysis, PESTLE analysis, Porter’s five forces, BCG Matrix, Market entry strategies, etc. The inclusion of the analysis entirely depends upon the data availability.
Scope of the Report
• The report covers the descriptive overview of aspergillosis, explaining its causes, signs and symptoms, pathogenesis and currently available therapies.
• Comprehensive insight has been provided into the aspergillosis epidemiology and treatment.
• Additionally, an all-inclusive account of both the current and emerging therapies for aspergillosis are provided, along with the assessment of new therapies, which will have an impact on the current treatment landscape.
• A detailed review of aspergillosis market; historical and forecasted is included in the report, covering the 7MM drug outreach.
• The report provides an edge while developing business strategies, by understanding trends shaping and driving the 7MM aspergillosis market.
• In the coming years, aspergillosis market is set to change due to the rising awareness of the disease, and incremental healthcare spending across the world; which would expand the size of the market to enable the drug manufacturers to penetrate more into the market.
• The companies and academics are working to assess challenges and seek opportunities that could influence aspergillosis R&D. The therapies under development are focused on novel approaches to treat/improve the disease condition.
• Major players are involved in developing therapies for aspergillosis. Launch of emerging therapies will significantly impact the aspergillosis market.
• Our in-depth analysis of the pipeline assets across different stages of development (phase III and phase II), different emerging trends and comparative analysis of pipeline products with detailed clinical profiles, key cross-competition, launch date along with product development activities will support the clients in the decision-making process regarding their therapeutic portfolio by identifying the overall scenario of the research and development activities.
Aspergillosis Report Insights
• Patient Population
• Therapeutic Approaches
• Aspergillosis Pipeline Analysis
• Aspergillosis Market Size and Trends
• Market Opportunities
• Impact of upcoming Therapies
Aspergillosis Report Key Strengths
• Eleven Years Forecast
• 7MM Coverage
• Aspergillosis Epidemiology Segmentation
• Key Cross Competition
• Highly Analyzed Market
• Drugs Uptake
Aspergillosis Report Assessment
• Current Treatment Practices
• Unmet Needs
• Pipeline Product Profiles
• Market Attractiveness
• Market Drivers and Barriers
• What was the aspergillosis market share (%) distribution in 2017 and how it would look like in 2030?
• What would be the aspergillosis total market size as well as market size by therapies across the 7MM during the forecast period (2020–2030)?
• What are the key findings pertaining to the market across the 7MM and which country will have the largest aspergillosis market size during the forecast period (2020–2030)?
• At what CAGR, the aspergillosis market is expected to grow at the 7MM level during the forecast period (2020–2030)?
• What would be the aspergillosis market outlook across the 7MM during the forecast period (2020–2030)?
• What would be the aspergillosis market growth till 2030 and what will be the resultant market size in the year 2030?
• How would the market drivers, barriers and future opportunities affect the market dynamics and subsequent analysis of the associated trends?
• What is the disease risk, burden and unmet needs of aspergillosis?
• What is the historical aspergillosis patient pool in the United States, EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the UK) and Japan?
• What would be the forecasted patient pool of aspergillosis at the 7MM level?
• What will be the growth opportunities across the 7MM with respect to the patient population pertaining to asperillosis?
• Out of the above-mentioned countries, which country would have the highest prevalent population of aspergillosis during the forecast period (2020–2030)?
• At what CAGR the population is expected to grow across the 7MM during the forecast period (2020–2030)?
Current Treatment Scenario, Marketed Drugs and Emerging Therapies:
• What are the current options for the treatment of aspergillosis along with the approved therapy?
• What are the current treatment guidelines for the treatment of aspergillosis in the US and Europe?
• What are the aspergillosis marketed drugs and their MOA, regulatory milestones, product development activities, advantages, disadvantages, safety and efficacy, etc.?
• How many companies are developing therapies for the treatment of aspergillosis?
• How many therapies are developed by each company for the treatment of aspergillosis?
• How many emerging therapies are in the mid-stage and late stage of development for the treatment of aspergillosis?
• What are the key collaborations (Industry–Industry, Industry–Academia), Mergers and acquisitions, licensing activities related to the aspergillosis therapies?
• What are the recent novel therapies, targets, mechanisms of action and technologies developed to overcome the limitation of existing therapies?
• What are the clinical studies going on for aspergillosis and their status?
• What are the key designations that have been granted for the emerging therapies for aspergillosis?
• What are the 7MM historical and forecasted market of aspergillosis?
Reasons to buy
The report will help in developing business strategies by understanding trends shaping and driving the aspergillosis.
To understand the future market competition in the asprgillosis market and Insightful review of the key market drivers and barriers.
Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for aspergillosis in the US, Europe (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and the United Kingdom) and Japan.
Identification of strong upcoming players in the market will help in devising strategies that will help in getting ahead of competitors.
Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for aspergillosis market.
To understand the future market competition in the aspergillosis market.