Cancer Cachexia (CC) – Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast—2030
- May 2020 •
- 167 pages •
- Report ID: 5891571 •
- Format: PDF
‘Cancer Cachexia (CC) – Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast—2030’ report delivers an in-depth understanding of the Cancer Cachexia (CC), historical and forecasted epidemiology as well as the market trends in the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and United Kingdom) and Japan.
The Cancer Cachexia (CC) market report provides current treatment practices, emerging drugs and their market share by the individual therapies, current and forecasted CC symptoms market size from 2017 to 2030 segmented by seven major markets. The Report also covers current Cancer Cachexia (CC) symptoms treatment practice/algorithm, market drivers, market barriers and unmet medical needs to curate the best of the opportunities and assesses the underlying potential of the market.
• The United States
• EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom)
Study Period: 2017–2030
Cancer Cachexia (CC) Disease Understanding and Treatment Algorithm
Cancer Cachexia (CC) Overview
In 2011, an International consensus defined “Cancer cachexia as a multifactorial syndrome defined by the ongoing loss of skeletal muscle mass (with or without loss of fat mass) that cannot be fully reversed by conventional nutritional support and leads to progressive functional impairment” (Fearon, Lancet Oncol 2011). The pathophysiology of the syndrome is characterized by a negative protein and energy balance that is driven by a variable combination of reduced food intake, or anorexia, and abnormal metabolism.
The panel of experts involved in the consensus process has also defined the criteria for diagnosing cachexia in cancer patients: Weight loss >5% over the past 6 months (in absence of simple starvation); or; BMI <20 and any degree of weight loss >2%; or Appendicular skeletal muscle index consistent with sarcopenia (males <7.26 kg/m2; females <5.45 kg/m2) and any degree of weight loss >2%.
Both this definition and the diagnostic criteria focus on the complex interplay between reduced food intake and abnormal metabolism, and identifies loss of skeletal muscle as key in patients’ functional impairment. Cachexia is further divided into three stages: pre-cachexia (PC), cachexia (C) and refractory cachexia (RC).
It is one of the as wasting syndrome and also known as anorexia cachexia syndrome, a complicated metabolic syndrome-related to underlying illness and characterized by muscle mass loss with or without a fat mass loss that is often associated with anorexia, an inflammatory process, insulin resistance, and increased protein turnover. Besides, it is the most common manifestation of advanced malignant disease, leading to death.
For cancer patients with weight loss, assessments of BMI and percentage weight loss, symptoms which impact nutritional intake, quality of life, physical function, biological markers, energy expenditure, and body composition are ideally needed to measure cachexia and implement therapeutic interventions.
Cancer Cachexia (CC) Diagnosis and Treatment
It covers the details of conventional and current medical therapies and diagnosis available in the Cancer Cachexia (CC) market for the treatment of the condition. It also provides the country-wise treatment guidelines and algorithms across the United States, Europe, and Japan.
The DelveInsight Cancer Cachexia (CC) market report gives a thorough understanding of CC symptoms by including details such as disease definition, symptoms, causes, pathophysiology, and diagnosis. It also provides CC symptoms of treatment algorithms and treatment guidelines for CC symptoms in the US, Europe, and Japan.
Cancer Cachexia (CC) Epidemiology
The Cancer Cachexia symptoms epidemiology division provides insights about the historical and current patient pool along with the forecasted trend for every seven major countries. It helps to recognize the causes of current and forecasted trends by exploring numerous studies and views of key opinion leaders. This part of the DelveInsight report also provides the diagnosed patient pool and their trends along with assumptions undertaken.
The disease epidemiology covered in the report provides historical as well as forecasted Cancer Cachexia (CC) epidemiology segmented as the Total prevalence of Cancer Cachexia (CC), Gender-Specific cases of Cancer Cachexia (CC), and Cancer Cachexia cases based on tumor. The report includes the prevalent scenario of CC symptoms in 7MM covering the United States, EU5 countries (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom), and Japan from 2017 to 2030.
Country Wise- Cancer Cachexia (CC) Epidemiology
The total prevalent population of Cancer Cachexia (CC) in 7MM countries was estimated to be 1,218,895 in 2017.
Cancer Cachexia (CC) Drug Chapters
The drug chapter segment of the Cancer Cachexia (CC) report encloses the detailed analysis of CC marketed drugs and late stage (Phase-III and Phase-II) pipeline drugs. It also helps to understand the Cancer Cachexia (CC) clinical trial details, expressive pharmacological action, agreements and collaborations, approval and patent details, advantages and disadvantages of each included drug and the latest news and press releases.
Currently, there are no FDA-approved therapies for CC. The therapeutic market size of CC in the US is mainly accounted for the off-label treatment options, such as Progestins; Corticosteroids; Combination therapies and others.
Products detail in the report…
Cancer Cachexia (CC) Emerging Drugs
PPP011: Tetra Bio-Pharma
PPP011 (CAUMZ) is a cannabinoid-derived medicine developed using the combination of synthetic Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and Cannabidiol (CBD), as a non-opioid alternative for the treatment of pain and inflammation. CAUMZ is developed as a drug-device combination product where the drug-drug component combined with the Medic medical device. Currently, the combination is under the phase III trial for the treatment of cancer cachexia, with advanced, incurable and malignant cancer that is refractory to treatment.
Products detail in the report…
Cancer Cachexia (CC) Market Outlook
The Cancer Cachexia (CC) market outlook of the report helps to build the detailed comprehension of the historic, current and forecasted Cancer Cachexia (CC) market trends by analyzing the impact of current therapies on the market, unmet needs, drivers and barriers and demand of better technology.
This segment gives a thorough detail of Cancer Cachexia (CC) market trend of each marketed drug and late-stage pipeline therapy by evaluating their impact based on annual cost of therapy, inclusion and exclusion criteria’s, mechanism of action, compliance rate, growing need of the market, increasing patient pool, covered patient segment, expected launch year, competition with other therapies, brand value, their impact on the market and view of the key opinion leaders. The calculated market data are presented with relevant tables and graphs to give a clear view of the market at first sight.
According to DelveInsight, Cancer Cachexia (CC) market in 7MM is expected to significantly change in the study period 2017–2030.
The current therapeutic landscape in the 7MM is divided into conventional therapies such as as Progestins (Megestrol acetate (MA), Medroprogesteron), Corticosteroids (Methylprednisone, dexamethasone etc.); Combination therapies (MA + Cannabidiols etc.); and others (cytokine modulators, Anabolic agents etc. along with this, dietary treatment and physical exercise also plays an important role. However, none of these therapies have been approved for the treatment of Cancer Cachexia and are associated with certain side-effects or safety and efficacy issues.
This section includes a glimpse of the Cancer Cachexia (CC) market in 7MM. The market size of CC in the seven major markets was found to be USD 966.0 million in 2017.
The United States Market Outlook
This section provides the total Cancer Cachexia (CC) market size and market size by therapies in the United States.
The United States accounts for the highest market size of CC in comparison to the EU5 (the United Kingdom, Germany, Italy, France, and Spain) and Japan. CC in the US is mainly accounted for the off-label treatment options, such as Progestins, Corticosteroids, Combination therapies and others (cytokine modulators, Anabolic agents etc. Corticosteroids are widely used appetite stimulants in patients with advanced cancer after progesterones. Megestrol acetate and glucocorticoids have been shown to increase appetite and weight in cancer-associated anorexia; however, single pharmaceutical interventions alone for cachexia do not result in meaningful functional outcomes. Thus, a combination approach is required for the treatment of cachexia. Counteracting weight loss and anorexia is possible with central and peripheral appetite stimulants and nutritional supplements (omega 3 fatty acids and essential amino acids). Central appetite stimulant like megestrol acetate (synthetic progestin) acts on the hypothalamus through the oxygenic signal of neuropeptides Y (NPY).
EU-5 Countries: Market Outlook
The total Cancer Cachexia (CC) market size and market size by therapies in Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom are provided in this section.
There is a lack of approved therapy for the treatment of Cancer Cachexia (CC), management of CC depends on the use of off label medications in Europe. Even though multiple mechanisms are reported to be involved, with several cytokines postulated to play a role in the etiology of the persistent catabolic state, cachexia is still largely an underestimated and untreated condition. Existing therapies for cachexia, including orexigenic appetite stimulants, focus on palliation of symptoms and reduction of the distress of patients and families rather than prolongation of life. In spite of the great progress made in increasing understanding of CC, developing a safe and effective treatment for this condition remains an elusive goal.
Japan Market Outlook
The total Cancer Cachexia (CC) market size and market size by therapies in Japan are also mentioned.
Cancer Cachexia (CC) Drugs Uptake
This section focusses on the rate of uptake of the potential drugs recently launched or expected to get launched in the market during the study period 2017–2030. The analysis covers Cancer Cachexia (CC) market uptake by drugs; patient uptake by therapies; and sales of each drug.
This helps in understanding the drugs with the most rapid uptake, reasons behind the maximal use of new drugs and allow the comparison of the drugs on the basis of market share and size which again will be useful in investigating factors important in the market uptake and in making financial and regulatory decisions.
Cancer Cachexia (CC) Pipeline Development Activities
The report provides insights into different therapeutic candidates in Phase II, and Phase III stage. It also analyses Cancer Cachexia (CC) key players involved in developing targeted therapeutics.
Major players include Tetra Bio-Pharma, Helsinn Therapeutics/ Ono Pharmaceutical, AEterna Zentaris, Actimed Therapeutics/ PsiOxus Therapeutics, Pfizer, Xilonix plus Onivyde and 5FU, XBiotech/Janssen Pharmaceutical, NGM120 and others. PPP011 (Tetra Bio-Pharma) is expected to get launched in the US market by 2022.
Pipeline Development Activities
The report covers the detailed information of collaborations, acquisition, and merger, licensing and patent details for Cancer Cachexia (CC) emerging therapies.
Reimbursement Scenario in CC
Approaching reimbursement proactively can have a positive impact both during the late stages of product development and well after product launch. In the report, we take reimbursement into consideration to identify economically attractive indications and market opportunities. When working with finite resources, the ability to select the markets with the fewest reimbursement barriers can be a critical business & price strategy.
“Benefit plans should provide coverage for nutrition counseling and medical nutritional therapy for individuals with a diagnosis of cancer. Provider network should include registered dietitians, including registered dietitians who are Board-certified specialists in oncology (CSO).”
To keep up with current market trends, we take KOLs and SME’s opinion working in Cancer Cachexia (CC) domain through primary research to fill the data gaps and validate our secondary research. Their opinion helps to understand and validate current and emerging therapies treatment patterns or Cancer Cachexia (CC) market trend. This will support the clients in potential upcoming novel treatment by identifying the overall scenario of the market and the unmet needs.
Competitive Intelligence Analysis
We perform Competitive & Market Intelligence analysis of the Cancer Cachexia (CC) Market by using various Competitive Intelligence tools that includes – SWOT analysis, PESTLE analysis, Porter’s five forces, BCG Matrix, Market entry strategies, etc. The inclusion of the analysis entirely depends upon the data availability.
Scope of the Report
• The report covers the descriptive overview of Cancer Cachexia (CC), explaining its causes, signs and symptoms, pathophysiology and currently available therapies
• Comprehensive insight has been provided into the Cancer Cachexia (CC) epidemiology and treatment in the 7MM
• Additionally, an all-inclusive account of both the current and emerging therapies for Cancer Cachexia (CC) is provided, along with the assessment of new therapies, which will have an impact on the current treatment landscape
• A detailed review of Cancer Cachexia (CC) market; historical and forecasted is included in the report, covering drug outreach in the 7MM
• The report provides an edge while developing business strategies, by understanding trends shaping and driving the global Cancer Cachexia (CC) market
• In the coming years, Cancer Cachexia (CC) market is set to change due to the rising awareness of the disease, and incremental healthcare spending across the world; which would expand the size of the market to enable the drug manufacturers to penetrate more into the market
• The companies and academics are working to assess challenges and seek opportunities that could influence Cancer Cachexia (CC) R&D. The therapies under development are focused on novel approaches to treat/improve the disease condition
• Major players are involved in developing therapies for CC. Launch of emerging therapies will significantly impact the Cancer Cachexia (CC) market
• A better understanding of disease pathogenesis will also contribute to the development of novel therapeutics for CC
• Our in-depth analysis of the pipeline assets across different stages of development (Phase III and Phase II), different emerging trends and comparative analysis of pipeline products with detailed clinical profiles, key cross-competition, launch date along with product development activities will support the clients in the decision-making process regarding their therapeutic portfolio by identifying the overall scenario of the research and development activities
Cancer Cachexia (CC) Report Insights
• Patient Population
• Therapeutic Approaches
• Cancer Cachexia (CC) Pipeline Analysis
• Cancer Cachexia (CC) Market size and Trends
• Market Opportunities
• Impact of upcoming Therapies
Cancer Cachexia (CC) Report Key Strengths
• 11 Years Forecast
• 7MM Coverage
• Cancer Cachexia (CC) Epidemiology Segmentation
• Key Cross Competition
• Highly Analyzed Market
• Drugs Uptake
Cancer Cachexia (CC) Report Assessment
• Current Treatment Practices
• Unmet Needs
• Pipeline Product Profiles
• Market Attractiveness
• Market Drivers and Barriers
• What were the Cancer Cachexia (CC) Market share (%) distribution in 2017 and how it would look like in 2030?
• What would be the Cancer Cachexia (CC) total market size as well as market size by therapies across the 7MM during the forecast period (2017–2030)?
• What are the key findings pertaining to the market across 7MM and which country will have the largest Cancer Cachexia (CC) market size during the forecast period (2017–2030)?
• At what CAGR, the Cancer Cachexia (CC) market is expected to grow in 7MM during the forecast period (2017–2030)?
• What would be the Cancer Cachexia (CC) market outlook across the 7MM during the forecast period (2017–2030)?
• What would be the Cancer Cachexia (CC) market growth till 2030 and what will be the resultant market size in the year 2030?
• How would the market drivers, barriers and future opportunities affect the market dynamics and subsequent analysis of the associated trends?
• What is the disease risk, burden and unmet needs of the CC?
• What is the historical Cancer Cachexia (CC) patient pool in seven major markets covering the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK) & Japan?
• What would be the forecasted patient pool of Cancer Cachexia (CC) in 7 major markets covering the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK) & Japan?
• What will be the growth opportunities in the 7MM with respect to the patient population pertaining to CC?
• Out of all 7MM countries, which country would have the highest prevalent population of Cancer Cachexia (CC) during the forecast period (2017–2030)?
• At what CAGR the population is expected to grow in 7MM during the forecast period (2017–2030)?
Current Treatment Scenario, Marketed Drugs, and Emerging Therapies:
• What are the current options for the treatment of Cancer Cachexia (CC)?
• What are the current treatment guidelines for the treatment of Cancer Cachexia (CC) in the USA, Europe, and Japan?
• What are the Cancer Cachexia (CC) marketed drugs and their MOA, regulatory milestones, product development activities, advantages, disadvantages, safety, and efficacy, etc.?
• How many companies are developing therapies for the treatment of CC?
• How many therapies are developed by each company for the treatment of CC?
• How many emerging therapies are in the mid-stage and late stages of development for the treatment of CC?
• What are the key collaborations (Industry–Industry, Industry-Academia), Mergers and acquisitions, licensing activities related to the Cancer Cachexia (CC) therapies?
• What are the recent novel therapies, targets, mechanisms of action and technologies developed to overcome the limitation of existing therapies?
• What are the clinical studies going on for Cancer Cachexia (CC) and their status?
• What are the key designations that have been granted for the emerging therapies for CC?
• What are the global historical and forecasted market of CC?
Reasons to buy
The report will help in developing business strategies by understanding trends shaping and driving the Cancer Cachexia (CC) market
To understand the future market competition in the Cancer Cachexia (CC) market and Insightful review of the key market drivers and barriers
Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for Cancer Cachexia (CC) in the US, Europe (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and the United Kingdom) and Japan
Identification of strong upcoming players in the market will help in devising strategies that will help in getting ahead of competitors
Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for Cancer Cachexia (CC) market
To understand the future market competition in the Cancer Cachexia (CC) market