Impact on Consumer Behavior in Asia-Pacific: COVID-19 Survey Snapshot - Week 6
Summary The analyst is carrying out weekly consumer surveys in 11 countries between 25th March and 31st May 2020, to track consumer sentiment and shopping behavior during the Coronavirus (COVID19) pandemic.The sample size is 500 respondents per country, per week.
The three countries in scope for Asia-Pacific are Australia, China and India.Questions are consistent every week, and cover consumer opinions about COVID-19, buying behavior and product choices and impact of the Coronavirus (COVID19) outbreak on consumers’ lifestyle and activities.
This report summarizes the key findings from responses in week 6.
Key Highlights - As China looks towards a ‘new normal’, levels of concern have taken their first noted decrease. Since week 5 results, those ‘extremely concerned’ about COVID-19 has decreased by -5%. Domestic tourism is gradually returning to the destination as attractions begin to open. On 11th May Shanghai Disneyland re-opened and tickets sold out within minutes. This will likely impact next weeks survey results but highlights that domestic recovery will be swift for this Asian destination.
- Both Australia and India show similar results as over 50% of respondents in these markets have stopped going to fine-dining restaurants. In both markets those who have stopped going completely has actually slightly decreased over the past week (Australia by 5% and India by 4%). This may reflect fine-dining establishments embracing the ‘new norm’ and using home deliveries as a means to generate revenue.
- As both domestic and international travel restrictions continue to hold, it is clear there is still an impact on future travel plans.
- Across all three markets there has been a slight decrease on the impact on international travel over the past week. This may reflect that travelers have accepted that international holidays may not be occurring for a while due to global travel restrictions and are therefore not booking international holidays right now. Australia marks the highest difference in results, as those who strongly agree international travel has been impacted decreased by 7%. As the prospect of the ‘trans-Tasman travel bubble’ was announced, this may offer hope for future travel minimizing the impact on international travel plans.
Scope - This report provides an insight into how the coronavirus pandemic is shaping consumer sentiment in Australia, India, and China.
- It summarizes key findings from the survey ‘s responses and offers insight into how destinations and industry players can adapt to meet changing demands and needs.
Reasons to Buy - Gain access to primary survey data results.
- Understand how the coronavirus pandemic is changing consumer attitudes.
- Assess how you can adapt your business plans and strategies to better meet these changing needs.
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
The global organoids market is expected to reach US$ 3,420.40 million by 2027 from US$ 689.47 million in 2019. The market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 22.1% from 2020 to 2027. Increasing demand for tumor modelling and biobanking, rising adoption of personalized drugs, and growing focus on developing alternatives for animal testing...
The global human microbiome market is expected to reach US$ 1,873.53 million by 2027 from US$ 356.29 million in 2019. The market is estimated to grow with a CAGR of 23.6% from 2020 to 2027. The growth of the market is driven by the factors such as increasing incidence of lifestyle diseases, increasing focus on human microbiome therapies,...
No air: Demand for industry services has declined as a result of the closure of nonessential businesses Abstract Air Duct Cleaning Services in the US Operators in this industry provide air duct cleaning services to buildings and dwellings. This includes the cleaning of heating and cooling system components. This...
Abstract Technical Support & Help Desk Services Procurement in the US This report is intended to assist buyers of technical support and help desk services. Technical support and help desk service providers field questions and incoming calls from customers in need of assistance with product or service features....
Abstract Fleet Telematics Systems Procurement in the US This report is intended to assist buyers of fleet telematics systems. Fleet telematics systems are used to monitor, map and track vehicle fleets in the field. Digital maps and Global Positioning System (GPS) technology allow for real-time visualization...
Step by step: An aging US population and a rising prevalence of diabetes are expected to boost industry demand Abstract Podiatrists in the US Over the five years to 2019, the Podiatrists industry has stepped in the right direction. Revenue growth has been supported by the aging US population and the...
With a population of more than 1 billion, China is the worldâ€™s largest country and therefore also its single largest potential market for goods and services. In the past ten years, China has led all major world economies in the average rate of growth in real GDP, total health expenditures, and government health expenditures. As an in vitro...
In Vitro Diagnostics
Point Of Care Testing
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.