Summary Tesla Inc (Tesla) is an automotive and energy company.It designs, develops, manufactures, and sells and leases fully electric vehicles and energy generation and storage systems.
The company produces and sells the Model Y, Model 3, Model X, Model S, Cybertruck, Tesla Semi and Tesla Roadster vehicles.Tesla also installs and maintains energy systems and sells solar electricity; and offers end-to-end clean energy products, including generation, storage and consumption.
It markets and sells vehicles to consumers through a network of company-owned stores and galleries. The company has manufacturing facilities in the US and China.
With a fleet of over 600,000 cars on roads equipped with cameras and sensors, Tesla continuously gleans data in real-time. For instance, it monitors driver’s interaction with the steering wheels, pedals, and brakes, etc. and sends it to the cloud for analysis. The company has gathered over 1 billion miles of Autopilot data, which it leverages to train the existing AI/ML engines or develop new algorithms and sends it as over-the-air updates for improving the efficiency and safety of autonomous vehicles.
Tesla is unifying all aspects of driving experience for connected car owners through real-time over-the-air software updates. This helps the company to remotely improve mechanical design features, safety, performance and infotainment capabilities of the electric vehicles.
The report provides information and insights into Tesla’s activities, including -
- Insights of its digital transformation strategies
- Overview of technology initiatives covering strategic partnerships, acquisitions and product launches
- Insights on each technology initiative including technology theme, objective, and benefits
- Details of estimated ICT budgets and major ICT contracts
Scope - In January 2020, Tesla announced plans to open a design studio and research facility in China to build Chinese-styled cars and distribute it globally, for which the company has already started recruiting design engineers.
- Tesla has developed and in-house AI based processor dubbed Full Self-Driving Computer or FSD that can perform around 50 trillion operations in one second. The FSD computer processes input from eight cameras, 12 ultrasonic sensors, a front-facing radar, GPS and mapping data used to steer the autonomous vehicle on roads. Each FSD computer consists of two chips and every chip contains two accelerators that can run the neural networks and the AI components in the car to read the roads.
- In November 2019, Tesla introduced its sixth model Cybertruck, an all-electric pick-up truck with Tesla Autopilot advanced self-driver assistant feature and bulletproof against 9mm handgun. Tesla claims to start the production of low-end Cybertrucks by 2021, which will come in two versions: single motor and rear-wheel drive and dual-motor all-wheel-drive.
Reasons to Buy - Gain insights into Tesla’s operations.
- Gain insights into its digital strategies and innovation initiatives.
- Gain insights into its technology themes under focus.
- Gain insights into various partnerships and acquisitions of Tesla.
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
The Global Network Market (henceforth referred to as the market studied) was valued at USD 11.37 billion in 2020, and it is expected to reach a value of USD 40.25 billion by 2026 while registering a CAGR of 23.95% during the period of 2020-2025 (henceforth referred to as the forecast period). Presently, enterprise networks are under pressure,...
The Global Enterprise Architecture Tools Market size is expected to reach $1.3 billion by 2026, rising at a market growth of 5.4% CAGR during the forecast period. Enterprise architecture tools are the solutions that help a company to analyze the requirement and effects of technological modifications. These tools assist organizations to record...
The global Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) market size is expected to grow at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 8.7% during the forecast period, to reach USD 5.5 billion by 2026 from USD 3.3 billion in 2020. Digital business transformation has entered a more challenging and urgency-driven phase due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Global...
The chatbots market is one of the fastest-growing in the ICT industry. There are several effective uses for chatbots.
Businesses are applying them, in particular, to enhance their customer services and improve customer experience (CX).Chatbots are deployed across different channels, including web chat, SMS, social media, mobile chat...
Anthem - Enterprise Tech Ecosystem Series
Anthem is a health benefits company that offers managed healthcare-related products and administrative services through its affiliated health plans.The company operates through four reportable segments: Commercial & Specialty Business, Government...
The global post-COVID-19 CCM market size is forecasted to grow from USD 1.3 billion in 2021 to USD 2.2 billion by 2026, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 11.2% during the forecast period. The major growth drivers for the market include increasing adoption of CCM solutions and services in various verticals such as IT and telecom, retail...
738 pages •
By Global Industry Analysts
• Apr 2021
- COVID-19 Crisis Brings the Environment into the Spotlight. With Energy Management Being Vital for Saving the Environment, BEMS is Poised for a 12.4% Growth Run Over the Next 7 Years
- The global Building Energy Management Systems (BEMS) is expected to reach US$8.4billion by the year 2027, trailing a post...
The Smart Label Market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 13.2% over the forecast period (2021-2026). Smart labels are becoming one of the most popular technologies across the retail, healthcare, and logistics sectors, and are viewed as an ideal means to achieve greater efficiencies and profitability while providing the authenticity of an item...
The Edge Computing Market was valued at USD 2281.8 million in 2020, and it is expected to reach a value of USD 10,971.54 million by 2026, registering a CAGR of 29.4% over the forecast period. Enterprises across industries are beginning to drive new levels of performance and productivity by deploying different technological innovations, like...
The Brazil Data Center Market was valued at USD 1.76 billion in 2020 and is expected to reach USD 2.69 billion by 2026 at a CAGR of 7.48% over the forecast period from 2021 - 2026. The growing cloud computing (further fuelled due to COVID-19), increasing penetration of different cloud vendors, government regulations for local data security,...
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.