Life Insurance in Germany
- February 2020 •
- 44 pages •
- Report ID: 5908834 •
- Format: PDF
Life Insurance in Germany industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value 2014-18, and forecast to 2023). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
- The value of the life insurance market is shown in terms of gross premium incomes from mortality protection and retirement savings plans. All currency conversions have been calculated using constant 2018 annual average exchange rates. The insurance market depends on a variety of economic and non-economic factors and future performance is difficult to predict. The forecast given in this report is not based on a complex economic model, but is intended as a rough guide to the direction in which the market is likely to move.
- The German life insurance market had total gross written premiums of $96.3bn in 2018, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -2.2% between 2014 and 2018.
- One of the main drivers of life insurance spending is consumer confidence.
- The German market has struggled in recent years as a mixture of low penetration and a more stringent premium tax introduced in 2012 have impacted the market negatively.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the life insurance market in Germany
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the life insurance market in Germany
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key life insurance market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Germany life insurance market with five year forecasts
Reasons to Buy
- What was the size of the Germany life insurance market by value in 2018?
- What will be the size of the Germany life insurance market in 2023?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Germany life insurance market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitiors in Germany’s life insurance market?