Global Pathogen Reduction Systems Market, By Type, By Application, By Product, By End User, By Region, Competition, Forecast & Opportunities, 2025
- June 2020 •
- 132 pages •
- Report ID: 5909097 •
- Format: PDF
Global pathogen reduction systems market is anticipated to a staggering CAGR of around 20% during 2021-2025.The risk factor related to use of these systems is very less and hence, they are widely being adopted by medical professionals for platelet and plasma reduction from blood donors.
Additionally, increasing prevalence of infectious diseases and rising public awareness towards better healthcare facilities coupled with adoption of advanced technologies resulting in improved and more effective pathogen reduction systems, is driving the market across the globe.
Pathogen reduction systems are used to inactivate viruses and bacteria that may contaminate blood products.The system exposes the plasma to ultraviolet rays in presence of photosensitizer thereby acting as pathogen inactivator.
These are advanced products and are used in management of blood transfusion and pathogen inactivation. The recent outbreak of COVID-19 is also expected to drive the demand for these systems in the coming years.
Global pathogen reduction systems market can be segmented based on type, application, product, end user and region.Based on application, the market is segmented into viruses, fungi and bacteria.
The bacteria segment currently dominates the market owing to the high prevalence of bacterial contamination in blood cells of a patient. However, the virus segment is expected to undergo high growth during the forecast period due to the outbreak of COVID-19, which has turned into a global epidemic.
Based on region, Europe dominates the global pathogen reduction systems market as countries like France, Italy, Germany, United Kingdom and Spain have world class healthcare facilities with a large number of trained professions. However, Asia-Pacific is anticipated to emerge as the fastest growing market for pathogen reduction systems industry as countries like China and Japan have presence of manufacturing facilities, which makes them ideal for the growth of pathogen reduction systems market.
Major companies operating in global pathogen reduction systems market include Terumo BCT, Inc., Macopharma SA, Cerus Corporation, AngioDynamics, Inc., Octapharma AG., among others. The manufacturers are adhering to higher safety protocols for the pathogen reduction in the blood to avoid any risk factors.
Years considered for this report:
Historical Years: 2015-2018
Base Year: 2019
Estimated Year: 2020
Forecast Period: 2021–2025
Objective of the Study:
• To analyse and forecast the market size of global pathogen reduction systems market.
• To forecast global pathogen reduction systems market based on type, application, product, end user and regional distribution.
• To identify drivers and challenges for global pathogen reduction systems market.
• To examine competitive developments such as expansions, new product launches, mergers & acquisitions etc. in global pathogen reduction systems market.
• To identify and analyze the profile of leading players operating in the global pathogen reduction systems market.
The analyst performed both primary as well as exhaustive secondary research for this study.Initially, the analyst sourced a list of manufacturers across the globe.
Subsequently, the analyst conducted primary research surveys with the identified companies.While interviewing, the respondents were also enquired about their competitors.
Through this technique, the analyst could include the manufacturers which could not be identified due to the limitations of secondary research.
The analyst calculated global pathogen reduction systems market size using a bottom-up approach, where data for various end user industries and its application across various product types were recorded and forecast for the future years. The analyst sourced these values from the industry experts and company representatives and externally validated through analyzing historical data of these product types and applications for getting an appropriate, overall market size.
Various secondary sources such as company websites, news articles, press releases, company annual reports, investor presentations and financial reports were also used by the analyst.
Key Target Audience:
• Pathogen reduction systems manufacturers, vendors and other stakeholders
• Hospitals/Diagnostic Centres/Blood Banks
• Government bodies such as regulating authorities and policy makers
• Organizations, industry associations, forums and alliances related to pathogen reduction systems
• Market research and consulting firms
The study is useful in providing answers to several critical questions that are important for the industry stakeholders such as pathogen reduction system manufacturing companies, partners, end users, etc., besides allowing them in strategizing investments and capitalizing on market opportunities.
In this report, global pathogen reduction systems market has been segmented into following categories, in addition to the industry trends which have also been detailed below:
• Global Pathogen Reduction Systems Market, By Type:
o Platelet Pathogen Reduction
o Plasma Pathogen Reduction
• Global Pathogen Reduction Systems Market, By Application:
• Global Pathogen Reduction Systems Market, By Product:
• Global Pathogen Reduction Systems Market, By End User:
o Blood Banks
• Global Pathogen Reduction Systems Market, By Region:
o North America
o Rest of World
Company Profiles: Detailed analysis of the major companies present in global pathogen reduction systems market.
With the given market data, we offers customizations according to a company’s specific needs. The following customization options are available for the report:
• Detailed analysis and profiling of additional market players (up to five).
Profit Margin Analysis
• Profit margin analysis in case of direct and indirect sales channel.