EUROPE WASTE-TO-ENERGY (WtE) MARKET FORECAST 2019-2028
- June 2020 •
- Report ID: 5909709 •
- Format: PDF
The Europe waste-to-energy (WtE) market is predicted to evolve at a CAGR of 7.09% during the forecast period. The region generates enormous volumes of waste with the potential for energy recovery every year. This has paved the way for the implementation of many directives by the EU. Thus, government policies for waste management are among the primary factors propelling market growth.
The Europe waste-to-energy (WtE) market growth evaluation entails the market assessment of Germany, France, Belgium, Poland, Russia, Italy, the United Kingdom, and the rest of Europe.Germany is one of the largest municipal producers in the European region.
The country has high recycling rates, almost 70% for industrial and commercial waste, and 67.6% for household waste. As per May 2018, there were 66 operational waste incineration plants in the country. The waste management responsibility is shared among the federal states, local authorities, and the national government. The National Ministry of Environment oversees strategic planning and information, along with drafting national legislation and setting priorities. As per the European Environment Agency, Germany was one of the first European countries to incorporate and introduce landfill limiting policies in the 1990s. Waste management has become a primary concern in Russia. The country is earnestly looking for implementing Waste-to-Energy (WtE) technologies for tackling the problem of increasing waste. The government has taken several measures like imposing ‘ecological fees’ in 2017 to meet the task of eliminating waste collection. Similarly, many projects are being planned, which is estimated to supplement market growth.
Some of the leading companies in the market are AMEC Foster Wheeler Plc (Acquired by Wood Group), Covanta Holding Corporation, Keppel Seghers, Waste Management Inc, etc.
Our report offerings include:
• Explore key findings of the overall market
• Strategic breakdown of market dynamics (Drivers, Restraints, Opportunities, Challenges)
• Market forecasts for a minimum of 9 years, along with 3 years of historical data for all segments, sub-segments, and regions
• Market Segmentation cater to a thorough assessment of key segments with their market estimations
• Geographical Analysis: Assessments of the mentioned regions and country-level segments with their market share
• Key analytics: Porter’s Five Forces Analysis, Vendor Landscape, Opportunity Matrix, Key Buying Criteria, etc.
• Competitive landscape is the theoretical explanation of the key companies based on factors, market share, etc.
• Company profiling: A detailed company overview, product/services offered, SCOT analysis, and recent strategic developments
1. AMEC FOSTER WHEELER PLC (ACQUIRED BY WOOD GROUP)
2. BABCOCK & WILCOX ENTERPRISES INC
3. C&G ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION HOLDING LTD
4. CHINA EVERBRIGHT INTERNATIONAL LTD
5. COVANTA HOLDING CORPORATION
6. GREEN CONVERSION SYSTEMS INC
7. HITACHI ZOSEN CORPORATION
8. KEPPEL SEGHERS
9. MITSUBISHI HEAVY INDUSTRIES LTD
10. PLASCO CONVERSION SYSTEMS (ACQUIRED BY RMB ADVISORY SERVICES)
11. SUEZ ENVIRONMENT COMPANY
12. VEOLIA ENVIRONNEMENT S.A.
13. WASTE MANAGEMENT INC
14. WHEELABRATOR TECHNOLOGIES INC (ACQUIRED BY MACQUARIE INFRASTRUCTURE PARTNERS)
15. XCEL ENERGY INC
16. BTA INTERNATIONAL GMBH
17. MARTIN GMBH
18. MVV ENERGIE AG