A Shift Toward Localism: COVID-19 Case Study
- April 2020 •
- 17 pages •
- Report ID: 5914292 •
- Format: PDF
COVID-19 has caused governments around the world to put strict movement restrictions in place, including closing borders and canceling international air travel. As restrictions take hold, consumers will change their habits to suit the situation, using seasonal ingredients, restricting shopping visits, and buying goods online.
This report is part of the COVID-19 Case Study series, which analyses specific examples of consumer sentiment, lifestyles, attitudes, and behaviors stemming from the global coronavirus outbreak. It focuses on how consumers are shifting with regards to localized shopping behaviors.
- The impact on the environment, slowing globalization, and changing political attitudes were already starting to shape the way we shop .
- Community spirit is essential during a pandemic.
- Shopping habits will change as consumers seek a sense of community.
- Consumers are looking to local businesses for supplies during the pandemic.
Reasons to Buy
- Understand a specific examples of consumer trends and company responses in order to tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.