Botswana Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report
- May 2020 •
- 35 pages •
- Report ID: 5914334 •
- Format: PDF
"Botswana: Country Intelligence Report," a new Country Intelligence Report, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Botswana today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2025. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, and mobile segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
Botswana’s telecom services will increase from $395.8 million in 2020 to $448.9 million in 2025, at a CAGR of 2.5% driven by projected growth in the mobile data and fixed broadband segments. Revenues from mobile data services will grow at a CAGR of 7.4% over 2020-2025, supported by rising mobile Internet subscriptions and growing data ARPS over the forecast period. Fixed broadband revenue will expand at a CAGR of 7.1% over 2020-2025, supported by efforts from the government and operators like BTC to expand broadband coverage across the country.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Botswana.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation, and more.
- Telecom services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, and mobile data markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
- The overall telecom service revenue in Botswana will grow at a CAGR of 2.5% during 2020-2025 when valued in dollar terms. The revenues will grow at a faster pace when valued in local currency, at a CAGR of 7.3% over 2020-2025, as a result of currency depreciation against US$ during the period.
- Revenues from mobile data services will grow at a CAGR of 7.4% over 2020-2025, driven by rising mobile Internet subscriptions on the back of higher 3G/4G ready smartphone adoption, and by growing data usage.
- Mobile services revenue will account for 76.0% of total telecom service revenue in 2025, driven by rising mobile Internet subscriptions and growing data ARPS over the forecast period.
- Mascom leads Botswana’s mobile market in terms of mobile subscriptions for 2020, followed by Orange Botswana and BTC. Mascom led both the prepaid and postpaid segments during 2020.
Reasons to Buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Botswana’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Botswana’s mobile communications, fixed telephony, and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Botswana’s telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Botswana.