Australia Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report
Summary "Australia Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report," a new Country Intelligence Report , provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Australia today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2024. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics, and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile, and pay-TV segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
Total telecom and pay-TV service revenues in Australia will decline from $21.8 billion in 2019 to $20.3 billion in 2020, due to subscription losses and discounts on communication services provided by the operators during the COVID-19 outbreak. However, we expect the overall telecom revenues will recover from 2021 and will reach $24.0 billion by 2024, indicating a CAGR of 1.9% over 2019-2024, supported by increasing revenues from mobile data and fixed broadband segments.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Australia.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation, and more.
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data, and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
Scope - Overall telecom service revenue in Australia will grow at a CAGR of 1.9% over 2019-2024.
- Mobile data service revenue will grow at a CAGR of 5.7% over 2019-2024 driven by increasing data ARPS, growing consumption of mobile data services and growth in mobile Internet subscriptions.
- The top three mobile operators, Telstra, Optus, and Vodafone Hutchison Australia (VHA), accounted for 90.7% share of overall mobile subscriptions in 2019.
Reasons to Buy - This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Australia’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Australia’s mobile communications, fixed telephony and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Australia’s telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Australia.
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
This IDC study examines the Canadian communication services sector market shares and provides a competitive overview of each market segment for the full year 2020. "The COVID-19 pandemic crisis underscores the importance of next-generation network technologies for digital transformation of enterprises and 21st century economies," says study...
167 pages •
By Paul Budde Communication Pty Ltd
• Mar 2021
South Pacific Islands benefiting from improved international telecoms infrastructure The demand for data-based services in the Pacific region is growing, aligning with similar trends around the world. In particular, the demand for mobile broadband is increasing due to mobile services being the primary and most...
United Kingdom Sports Broadcasting Media (Television and Telecommunications) Landscape
This country report provides an overview of the United Kingdom’s television and telecom market in relation to sport
The United Kingdom’s appetite for on-demand entertainment will lead to the...
152 pages •
By Paul Budde Communication Pty Ltd
• Apr 2021
CNT to modernise LTE infrastructure and install a 5G non standalone network In common with several other mid-sized countries in the region, Ecuador has a small telecom market dominated by the mobile sector. The evolution of the market has been influenced by the poor fixed-line infrastructure, which has stymied...
Tunisia Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report
"Tunisia Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report," a new Country Intelligence Report , provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Tunisia today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2025....
Colombia Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report
"Colombia Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report", a new Country Intelligence Report , provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Colombia today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to...
The 5G connections market has been growing at a CAGR of 28% during the forecast period (2021-2026). 5G will transform the future, and companies have already spent billions to set up their networks and to fund new technologies that can use it. Some companies like T-Mobile are claiming to have successfully managed to pull off 5G on the old 4G...
The global 5G IoT market size is projected to grow from USD 2.6 billion in 2021 to USD 40.2 billion by 2026, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 73.0% during the forecast period. The growth of this market can be attributed to the growing demand for new emerging use cases, such as smart grid, telemedicine, connected cars, and industrial...
India Tech - Thematic Research
India is one of the fastest-growing economies globally, with an average annual growth rate of 7% between 2014 and 2019. It is the second-most populous country with over 1.3 billion people, more than half of whom are under 25, and it is witnessing a rise in...
Indonesia Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report
"Indonesia Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report", a new Country Intelligence Report , provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Indonesia today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up...
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.