Future of 5G - Technology could Advance Global Economy and Society after COVID-19
Summary Prior to the outbreak of COVID-19, global 5G deployment was increasing with governments seeking to get ahead and take advantage of the emerging technology. The technology is currently still in its infancy and deployment has only recently taken off. However, following the building of necessary infrastructure and trailing the network in these early stages countries will be well versed to reap the benefits of the technology in the coming years.
Key Highlights - Before the outbreak of COVID-19 5G deployment was becoming increasingly popular across the world with governments seeking to get ahead of the curve with the emerging technology.
- The immediate benefits of 5G are minimal with the technology still in its infancy and deployment only recently taking off. However, through building the necessary infrastructure and trialing the network in these early stages countries will be well versed to reap the benefits of the technology in the coming years.
- Emerging technology which will be powered by 5G has been coined the fourth industrial revolution by experts with potentially huge economic advances coming as a result. Technologies such as the internet of things (IoT), artificial intelligence (AI), data analytics, robotics, cloud computing, virtual and augmented reality (VR/AR), 3D printing and drones will help transform business internationally. Through powering a variety of industries these advancements will help increase efficiency and enhance competitiveness in the global economy.
- Widespread advanced 5G networks would not merely be an economic tool boosting the economy but would have a range of social benefits in both the developed and developing world. Improved health, education and wellbeing as well as enhanced infrastructure and sustainable industrialization would help benefit societies across the globe and could be made possible through 5G. The emergence of smart cities as well as better connected remote areas will help provide benefits to both urban and rural life.
Scope - Learn what benefits 5G might have
- See how the technology could push progress faster connections could change the way that people work
- Understand the multiple advantages for many global regions
- See who are the leading countries and companies for this technology
Reasons to Buy
- Who are the leading players in 5G technology?
- What countries are pushing rapid 5G development?
- What are the major benefits of 5G?
- What other industries could gain from faster networks?
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
5G market in the aviation sector is expected to register a healthy CAGR of over 7.7% during the forecast period (2021 - 2026). 5G technology is starting to appear in a few cities and on a few consumer devices, and the phrase itself is stirring up excitement across aviation industries. - The fifth-generation cellular network standard...
The 5G enterprise market is expected to grow from USD 2.1 billion in 2021 to USD 10.9 billion by 2027, at a CAGR of 31.8%. A few major factors driving the growth of this market are the emergence of Industry 4.0 paving the way for mMTC, the development of smart infrastructure, and the delivery of differentiated 5G services using network slicing...
184 pages •
By Global Industry Analysts
• Apr 2021
- Global Smartphones Market to Reach 1.6 Billion Units by 2027
- Amid the COVID-19 crisis, the global market for Smartphones estimated at 1.5 Billion Units in the year 2020, is projected to reach a revised size of 1.6 Billion Units by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 0.8% over the analysis period 2020-2027....
The explosion proof mobile communication devices market was valued at USD 458.86 million in 2020 and expected to reach USD 715.35 million by 2026 and grow at a CAGR of 8.05% over the forecast period (2021 - 2026). Secure communications are one of the most critical areas for businesses operating in hazardous areas. Inherently, these companies...
5G Consumer Commercial Use Cases Update and Telco Go-To-Market Strategies
”5G Consumer Commercial Use Cases Update and Telco Go-To-Market Strategies”, a global outlook report , provides a status update on commercially-deployed consumer 5G use cases globally, focusing on 5G FWA and 5G eMBB. It also outlines...
The global distributed antenna system market reached a value of US$ 7.12 Billion in 2020. A distributed antenna system (DAS) is a network of antennas that are connected to a common source and distributed throughout a building or area to improve network performance. The spacing between the antennas ensures that each antenna gives complete coverage...
The Global Small Cell 5G Network Market is poised to grow at a CAGR of around XX% over the next decade to reach approximately $XX million by 2028. Some of the prominent trends that the market is witnessing include emergence of smart and wearable gadgets, increased deployment of indoor small cells, and increasing popularity...
Train Control Management System Market by Component (Vehicle Control Unit, Mobile Communication Gateway, Human Machine Interface, and Others), Solution (Communication-based Train Control, Positive Train Control, and Integrated Train Control), Network Type (Ethernet Consist Network (ECN), Multifunctional Vehicle Bus (MVB), and Wired...
KEY FINDINGS The global small cell market is anticipated to register a CAGR of 25.06%, over the forecast period of 2021 to 2028. The market growth is mainly attributed to key drivers, including, the demand for 5G deployments, rising mobile data traffic, the growing focus on last-mile connectivity by telecom operators, and...
The global 5G IoT market size is projected to grow from USD 2.6 billion in 2021 to USD 40.2 billion by 2026, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 73.0% during the forecast period. The growth of this market can be attributed to the growing demand for new emerging use cases, such as smart grid, telemedicine, connected cars, and industrial...
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.