Visa Checkout - Competitor Profile
- August 2020 •
- 14 pages •
- Report ID: 5954046 •
- Format: PDF
Visa Checkout is an online payment solution developed by Visa. Launched in 2014, the service allows users to store multiple card details and billing addresses for faster checkout.
Visa Checkout works on all web-enabled devices.It is currently supported by more than 350,000 merchants globally, with more joining each month.
No extra charges are associated with Visa Checkout in addition to regular interchange fees, which helps boost uptake among merchants.Visa Checkout supports all major payment schemes - including Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover - and is supported by more than 1,700 financial institutions globally.
In the US it has collaborated with all of the country’s major banks, including BBVA Compass, Chase, BB&T, US Bank, and PNC Bank.The Visa Checkout open platform allows consumers to use other participating digital wallet providers, such as Samsung Pay, to checkout online where Visa Checkout is accepted.
Launched initially in the US, Canada, and Australia, the solution is now available in a total of 26 countries.
In October 2019, Visa collaborated with Mastercard, American Express, and Discover to launch the interoperable checkout service Click to Pay in the US, before extending the service to other markets including Australia, New Zealand, Saudi Arabia, and the UAE. As a result, Visa plans to completely phase out Visa Checkout in 2020.
The report provides information and insights into Visa Checkout including -
- Detailed insight into its business
- Comprehensive coverage of its products and services
- Comparative assessment with key alternative payment solutions
- Information on its performance
- The company’s important events and milestones
- In November 2011, Visa unveiled its digital wallet, V.me.
- In July 2014, V.me was replaced by Visa Checkout, which was launched in the US, Canada, and Australia.
- In October 2019, Visa collaborated with Mastercard, American Express, and Discover to launch interoperable checkout service Click to Pay at select merchants in the US.
- In July 2020, Visa launched Click to Pay in Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, the UAE, Australia, and New Zealand.
Reasons to Buy
- Gain insights into Visa Checkout’s business operations and key events.
- Gain insights into its product portfolio.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the alternative payments industry by comparing its performance against competitors.