Global Small Electric Vehicle Market, by Battery Type (Nickel-Metal-Hydride & Lithium Ion), By Vehicle Type (Passenger Car, Light Commercial Vehicle), By Technology (PHEV, BEV), By Region, Competition, Forecast & Opportunities, 2025
In 2019, the global small electric vehicle market stood around 2.2 million units and is forecast to grow at a double-digit CAGR to reach 3.2 million units by 2025. Due to strict emission norms and emphasis by the governments of various countries on clean energy vehicles, the small electric vehicle market is increasing at a rapid pace across the globe. According to WHO, air pollution is the leading cause of deaths in countries with poor quality of air. As a result, governments of various countries are offering subsidies on the purchase of small electric vehicles. Furthermore, small electric vehicles have longer lifespan when compared with their diesel counterparts, which is anticipated to positively influence the growth of the small electric vehicle market during the forecasted period.
Global small electric vehicle market can be classified on the basis of battery type, vehicle type, type of technology and by region.Based on the battery type, the market can be segmented into Lithium-ion and Nickel-Metal-Hydride.
Lithium-ion segment accounted for the largest share and the segment is poised to grow at an impressive rate during the forecast period as well.In terms of vehicle type, the market has been segmented into Passenger car and Light Commercial Vehicle segments.
Passenger car segment is dominating the small electric vehicle market, globally, and this trend is expected to continue over the course of next five years.
In terms of regional analysis, the market has been segmented into North America, Asia-Pacific, and Europe.Asia-Pacific is anticipated to continue as the largest regional market for small electric vehicles due to favorable government initiatives and support.
Furthermore, increasing air pollution and reducing cost of batteries are positively influencing the growth of the market in the region. In Asia-Pacific, China dominated the market and the country’s small electric vehicle market is poised to grow at an impressive rate in the coming years as well.
Major players operating in the global small electric vehicle market include GM Group, Tesla Inc, Daimler AG, BMW AG, Hyundai Motor Company, among others.
• To assess the demand-supply scenario of small electric vehicle, which covers production, demand and supply of small electric vehicles, globally. • To analyze and forecast the market size of small electric vehicle market. • To classify and forecast global small electric vehicle market based on battery type, vehicle type, technology type, and regional distribution. • To identify drivers and challenges for global small electric vehicle market. • To examine competitive developments such as expansions, new product launches, mergers & acquisitions, etc., in the global small electric vehicle. • To conduct the pricing analysis for small electric vehicle. • To identify and analyze the profile of leading players involved in the manufacturing of global small electric vehicle. To perform the study, the analyst conducted primary as well as exhaustive secondary research.Initially, the analyst prepared an exhaustive list of small electric vehicle players operating across the globe.
Subsequently, the analyst conducted primary research surveys, which include primary calls, email responses, etc., with the identified companies. While interviewing, the respondents were also asked about their major competitors. Through this technique, the analyst could include manufacturers which could not be identified due to the limitations of secondary research. The analyst examined product offerings and regional presence of all major small electric vehicle suppliers across the globe. The analyst calculated the market size for global small electric vehicle by using a bottom-up technique, wherein manufacturers’ volume sales data for different applications, were recorded as well as forecast for the future years. The analyst sourced these values from industry experts and company representatives, and externally validated through analyzing historical sales data of respective manufacturers to arrive at the overall market size.
Multiple secondary sources such as directories, company websites, company annual reports, white papers, investor presentations and financial reports were also studied by the analyst.
Key Target Audience:
• Small electric vehicle manufacturers, suppliers, distributors and other stakeholders • Associations, organizations, forums and alliances related to small electric vehicle market • Government bodies such as regulating authorities and policy makers • Market research and consulting firms The study is useful in providing answers to several critical questions that are important for industry stakeholders such as small electric vehicle manufacturers, customers and policy makers. The study would also help them to target the growing segments over the coming years, thereby aiding the stakeholders in taking investment decisions and facilitating their expansion.
In this report, global small electric vehicle market has been segmented into following categories, in addition to the industry trends which have also been detailed below: • Market, By Vehicle Type: o Passenger Car o Light Commercial Vehicle
• Market, By Battery Type: o Nickel-Metal-Hydride o Lithium Ion
• Market, By Technology: o Plug-in-Hybrid Electric Vehicle o Battery Electric Vehicle
• Market, by Region: o Asia-Pacific o Europe o North America
Company Profiles: Detailed analysis of the major companies present in Small Electric Vehicle.
With the given market data, we offers customizations according to a company’s specific needs. The following customization options are available for the report:
• Detailed analysis and profiling of additional market players (up to five). Profit Margin Analysis • Profit margin analysis in case of direct and indirect sales channel.
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
Electric Vehicle Adhesives Market Research Report by Resin Type (Acrylic, Epoxy, Polyurethane, and Silicone), by Form (Film & Tape and Liquid), by Vehicle Type, by Substrate, by Application - Global Forecast to 2025 - Cumulative Impact of COVID-19 The Global Electric Vehicle Adhesives Market is expected to grow from...
In-depth Analysis and Data-driven Insights on the Impact of COVID-19 Included in this Global Diesel Engine Market Report The diesel engine market by revenue is expected to grow at a CAGR of 3% during the period 2019–2025. The global diesel engine market is expected to touch new growth heights on account of the development of...
Automotive Airbags & Seatbelts Market Research Report by Airbag Type (Curtain Airbags, Frontal Airbags, Knee Airbags, and Side Airbags), by Seatbelt Type (2-Point Seatbelt and 3-Point Seatbelt), by Electric Vehicle Type, by End User - Global Forecast to 2025 - Cumulative Impact of COVID-19 The Global Automotive Airbags...
216 pages •
By Asia Market Information & Development Company
• Sep 2020
China’s demand for Electric Vehicles has grown at a fast pace in the past decade. In the next decade, both production and demand will continue to grow. The Chinese economy maintains a high speed growth which has been stimulated by the consecutive increases of industrial output, imports & exports, consumer consumption...
204 pages •
By Asia Market Information & Development Company
• Sep 2020
China’s demand for Hybrid Vehicles has grown at a fast pace in the past decade. In the next decade, both production and demand will continue to grow. The Chinese economy maintains a high speed growth which has been stimulated by the consecutive increases of industrial output, imports & exports, consumer consumption...
Growing advancements in advanced automotive technologies to fuel the demand for the automotive heat shield The global automotive heat shield market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 3.4% during the forecast period, from USD 11.7 billion in 2020 to USD 13.9 billion by 2025. OEMs demand lightweight, contaminant-free, and...
174 pages •
By Global Industry Analysts
• Sep 2020
Global Hybrid Vehicle Market to Reach 6.4 Million Units by 2027 Amid the COVID-19 crisis, the global market for Hybrid Vehicle estimated at 4.4 Million Units in the year 2020, is projected to reach a revised size of 6.4 Million Units by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 5.6% over the analysis period 2020-2027. Plug-in Hybrid EV (PHEVs),...
Increasing adoption of sunroof and rear quarter glass in premium vehicles and SUVs will drive the automotive (polycarbonate) glazing market. The global automotive glazing market size is estimated to be USD 1.0 billion in 2020 and is projected to reach USD 1.7 billion by 2025, at a CAGR of 9.9%. The demand for automotive glazing is driven...
The growth of the automotive motors market can be attributed to significant R&D investments in electric and hybrid vehicles and more automatic comfort features in upcoming vehicles. The global automotive motors market size is projected to grow from USD 20,321 million in 2020 to USD 25,719 million by 2025, at a CAGR of 4.8%. The advent...
Government regulations for emission controls in vehicles will positively fuel the market low-carbon propulsion market. The global low-carbon propulsion market size is projected to grow from 2,980 thousand units in 2020 to 11,640 thousand units by 2027, at a CAGR of 21.5 % during the forecast period. The expected growth of the market...
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.