- StrategyR - A Trademark of Global Industry Analysts, Inc.
- Project Edition: 8
- Influencer Pool: 392
- MarketGlass™ Platform -
Our influencer driven interactive research platform draws from unique perspectives of participating executives from featured companies. In addition to being a global intelligence exchange platform, MarketGlass™ is a powerful knowledge center that delivers dynamic project-focused market intelligence. Client companies will have complete insider access to the project Data stack.
- Interactive peer-to-peer and enterprise-to-enterprise ideation and market intelligence exchange is facilitated via a robust, secure, and validated process. The process draws from uniquely qualified project-specific and geographically focused executives overseeing business development, marketing and sales operations.
- Trends & Factors - Identifying and validating local trends and factors driving each competitive marketplace. These factors include pricing variances, market trajectories, Covid-19 impact and recovery, locally active leading brands, and other parameters impacting the region in the short to medium term such as supply chain realignments.
- Mobile Access & App - Our mobile version of the report may be accessed via our mobile app or directly for a full mobile experience.
- Complimentary Updates - for one year. At least one update in 12-month period is normal and anytime there’s a significant change affecting the market dynamics.
- Bespoke Updates & Team Collaborations - Clients may build a bespoke version of our report with peers on our MarketGlass™ platform which enables multidimensional data simulations.
- Knowledge Center - clients have full-stack data access for project data they support or purchase including primary research engagement stats, companies and executives.
- The Future of Automation is Smart, Fast & Small. Hanging On to the Big Growth of Small Bots, Micro Motors Market to Reach US$35.6 Billion
- The global market for Micro Motors is expected to slump by -17.9% in the year 2020 before recovering to reach US$35.6 billion by the year 2027, trailing a post COVID-19 CAGR of 4.1%, over the analysis period 2020 through 2027. With manufacturing being the worst impacted by the pandemic, it’s a bleak outlook for micro motors for the year 2020. A rolling disaster, the pandemic has slowed down economic activity and has pushed the global economy into a steep recession. The asphyxiated economy has set into motion a cascading effect of a marked recession which is being felt by businesses and consumers alike. With roots in China, the world’s supply chains are facing unprecedented disruption & shutdown. Interwoven with a demand crisis, the supply chain shocks are exerting a compounded blow to manufacturing companies worldwide. Division of labor, modular manufacturing strategies, outsourcing to reduce costs and increase the efficiency, consistency, and quality of each operations, have made the manufacturing sector most vulnerable amid the lockdown restrictions. An indication of the grim state of affairs is the fact that global manufacturing PMI is already declining and will fall to an estimated all-time low of 35.4 points in 2020 as compared to 53.8 in 2019. This indicates severe contraction of manufacturing activity including new orders, production, employment, supplier deliveries, inventories, customers’ inventories, commodity prices, order backlog, new export orders, and imports. Global industrial output is plummeting sharply with the U.S posting steep declines of -16.5% & -15.2% in March & April 2020.
- Business investment confidence is tumbling amidst poor demand, falling profits, liquidity crunch and a reeling global economy. The "great lockdown" of 2020 has crushed the global economy and with it the manufacturing sector. The loss in consumer confidence and erosion of household wealth and discretionary spending will impact virtually every industry and business worldwide. Global merchandize trade is expected to plummet by 15% to 30% in the year 2020 highlighting the magnitude of disruption. Against this backdrop, it requires very little speculation to measure the impact on manufacturing. In the United States alone over 80% of manufacturers are bracing for losses. The impact will mean crunch on capital resources; workforce layoffs/reduction and loss in productivity; supply chain disruptions; difficulties with funding; and increase in cybersecurity risks and fraud. Unlike IT services where work is being carried out remotely via internet and cloud platforms, for the manufacturing industry, plant activities and production cannot be carried remotely and therefore remains worst affected. The slower economic activity means reduced demand for industrial and consumer goods and lower manufacturing orders. In the midst of this crisis, demand for all non-essential automation and robotics is declining sending knock-on effects into the upstream value chain.
- Micro motors are miniaturized motors used in products in a range of industries, for mobility applications specifically. High energy efficiency, portability and the ability of notifying vibrations are the major attributes of these motors. These attributes make the motors better substitutes to traditional small sized motors in a number of applications. There are two types of micro motors - AC micro motors and DC micro motors, running on alternating and direct current respectively. Both the motor types convert electrical energy into mechanical energy. Another classification of micro motors is based on whether the motors are brushed or brushless. Micro motors allow for greater accuracy of movement in mechanized equipment. The unique properties of micro motors make it suitable for use in advanced electrical and electronics systems with space constraints and restricted power budgets. In the post COVID-19 period, industrial automation, automotive and 3D printing will witness high growth rate due to rising adoption of automation in order to improve efficiency and reduce turnaround time. The rise in lab automation also bodes well for micro motors market driven by growing need for precision motion control solutions. Micro motors find application as miniature piezo motors in medical pipette, telemedicine robots, MRI robot, endoscopy surgical precision, robotic biopsy system, infusion pumps, ultrasound transducer, and pharmaceutical dispensing among others. Brushless motors are expected to witness heightened demand in automotive applications, such as in plug-in electric vehicles with electromechanically-driven powertrain and chassis systems. Thus, the rising sales of electric vehicles in the automotive industry bode well for brushless motors. Across many industries, the miniaturization trend has led to the manufacturing of ever-smaller mechanical, optical, medical, and electronic products and devices. A broad array of technology advances in consumer electronics, semiconductors, sensors and material science have driven the creation of the new miniature devices and systems. Many companies are realizing benefits such as efficiency, logistics and material reductions, so miniaturization is poised to be a major paradigm shift in advanced manufacturing. Demand for ultra-micro motors will continue to increase significantly driven by rapid communications growth and increased proliferation of micro video games, healthcare equipment and consumer electronics. Modern day micro motors are being constructed using flexible printed circuits and advanced technologies like AI for providing them with maximized precision and exceptional performance capabilities.
Select Competitors (Total 70 Featured) -
- ABB Ltd.
- ABShot Tecnics S.L.
- Bühler Motor GmbH
- Changzhou Fulling Motor Co., Ltd.
- Constar Micromotor Co., Ltd.
- FAULHABER Group
- Johnson Electric Holdings Limited
- Mabuchi Motor Co., Ltd.
- maxon motor AG
- Nidec Corporation
- Precision Microdrives Limited
- Printed Motor Works Limited
- Shinano Kenshi Co., Ltd.
- Siemens AG
- Telco Intercontinental Corporation