Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis –Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast-2030
- September 2020 •
- 125 pages •
- Report ID: 5962292 •
- Format: PDF
The Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis market report provides analysis regarding current treatment practices, emerging drugs like BIO101, Bimagrumab, potential therapies, market share of the individual therapies, and historical, current and forecasted Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis market size from 2017 to 2030, segmented by seven major markets.
The report also covers current Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis treatment practice/algorithm, guidelines, market drivers, market barriers and unmet medical needs to curate best of the opportunities. It assesses the underlying potential of the market.
• The United States
• EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom)
Study Period: 2017–2030
Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis – Disease Understanding and Treatment Algorithm
Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis (PSC) is an immune-mediated chronic liver disease characterized by inflammation, fibrosis and destruction of intrahepatic and/or extra-hepatic bile ducts leading to cholestasis, bile duct strictures and hepatic fibrosis, which in turn, may progress to cirrhosis, portal hypertension, and hepatic decompensation.
Patients might present with cholestasis (elevation in alkaline phosphatase and ?-glutamyl transferase) after either screening in at-risk patients (typically with inflammatory bowel disease) or general health screening. Alternatively, particularly in patients with inflammatory bowel disease, Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis can be identified through the presence of compatible cholangiographic features even in patients with normal serum biochemistry. However, false-positive magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography (MRCP) findings in this asymptomatic and biochemically normal population might also occur, leaving uncertainty as to the value of MRCP screening in asymptomatic patients with inflammatory bowel disease.
Treatment for Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis (PSC) includes medication to reduce itching and jaundice, antibiotics to treat infections and vitamin supplements since people with PSC are often deficient in vitamins A, D and K. In some cases, surgery to open major blockages in the common bile duct also is necessary. In addition, liver transplantation may be required, and in some cases, can cure PSC. The main focus of treatment therapies is retardation plus reversal of the disease process and management of progressive disease and related complications.
This chapter covers the details of conventional and current medical therapies available for the treatment of Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis. It also provides Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis treatment guidelines across the United States and Europe.
Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis market report gives a thorough understanding of the disease by including details such as disease definition, symptoms, types, grading, pathophysiology, and diagnosis. It also provides Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis treatment algorithms and treatment guidelines in the US, Europe, and Japan.
The Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis epidemiology chapters provide insights about historical and current Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis patient pool and forecasted trend for every seven major countries. It helps to recognize the causes of current and forecasted trends by exploring numerous studies and views of key opinion leaders. Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis epidemiology is segmented by the prevalent cases of Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis, the prevalence of Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis by gender, comorbidities associated with Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis. Besides, the report includes a thorough analysis of all segments.
According to the report, the total prevalent population of Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis in seven major markets was 55,340 in 2017. These cases are expected to increase with a significant CAGR during the study period (2017–2030).
Among all the seven major markets, total prevalent cases for Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis were highest in the United States, followed by Germany. Spain accounted for the least number of prevalent cases among the 7MM.
This segment encloses the detailed analysis of the drugs in the Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis pipeline. It also helps understand the Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis clinical trial details, expressive pharmacological action, agreements of the included drug, and the latest news and press releases.
Currently, there are no effective medical treatment options for the management of PSC. Off-label ursodeoxycholic acid (UDCA), antibiotics, antihistamines and immunosuppressants are administered for symptomatic management of PSC. Trials of novel therapeutic agents are limited by the time taken to reach clinically significant endpoints.
The market size of Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis is expected to increase at a significant CAGR during the study period (2017–2030). Among all the seven major markets, the United States accounted for the largest Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis market size. Among EU5 countries, Germany, in 2017, had the largest market size with USD 25.46 million, while Spain had the smallest market size of USD 0.34 million.
This section focuses on the rate of uptake of the potential drugs in the Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis market or expected to get launched in the market during the study period 2017–2030. The analysis covers Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis market uptake by drugs; patient uptake by therapies; and sale of each drug.
It helps in understanding the drugs with the most rapid uptake, reasons behind the maximal use of new drugs and allows the comparison of the drugs based on market share and size. All of which will be useful in investigating factors important in market uptake and in making financial and regulatory decisions.
GS-9674 (Gilead Sciences), norUrsodeoxycholic Acid (Dr Falk Pharma GmbH), HTD1801 (HighTide Biopharma Pty Ltd), Obeticholic Acid (Intercept Pharmaceuticals), and NGM282 (NGM Biopharmaceuticals, Inc.) are the major players that will alter the market dynamics in the coming years, during the forecasted period 2020–2030.
Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis: Pipeline Development Activities
The report provides insights into different therapeutic candidates and also analyses the key players involved in developing targeted therapeutics.
Pipeline Development Activities:
The report covers the detailed information of collaborations, acquisition and merger, licensing, patent details, and emerging therapies, concerning Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis.
To keep up with current market trends, we take KOLs and SME’s opinion working in Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis domain through primary research to fill the data gaps and validate our secondary research. It will support the clients in assessing potential upcoming novel treatment by identifying the overall scenario of the market and the unmet needs.
Competitive Intelligence Analysis
We have performed the competitive and market Intelligence analysis of the Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis Market by using various competitive intelligence tools that include SWOT analysis, PESTLE analysis, Porter’s five forces, BCG Matrix, Market entry strategies, etc. Besides, the inclusion of the analysis entirely depends upon the data availability.
• In the coming years, Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis market scenario is expected to experience a positive shift across the 7MM due to a robust pipeline.
• Our in-depth analysis of the pipeline assets across different stages of development (Phase II and Phase III), different emerging trends and comparative analysis of pipeline products with detailed clinical profiles, launch date along with product development activities will support the clients in the decision-making process regarding their therapeutic portfolio by identifying the overall scenario of the research and development activities
Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis Report Insights:
• Patient Population
• Therapeutic Approaches
• Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis Pipeline Analysis
• Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis Market Size and Trends
• Market Opportunities
• Impact of upcoming Therapies
Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis Report Key Strengths:
• 11-years Forecast
• 7MM Coverage
• Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis Epidemiology Segmentation
• Key Cross Competition
• Market Size by Therapies
• Drugs Uptake
Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis Report Assessment:
• Pipeline Product Profiles
• Key Products and Key Players
• Market Drivers and Barriers
• What was the Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis market share (%) distribution in 2017 and how it would look like in 2030?
• What would be the Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis total market size as well as market size by therapies across the 7MM during the forecast period (2017–2030)?
• What are the key findings pertaining to the market across 7MM and which country will have the largest Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis market size during the forecast period (2017–2030)?
• At what CAGR, the Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis market is expected to grow in 7MM during the forecast period (2017–2030)?
• What would be the Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis market outlook across the 7MM during the forecast period (2017–2030)?
• What would be the Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis market growth till 2030, and what will be the resultant market Size in the year 2030?
• How would the market drivers, barriers and future opportunities affect the market dynamics and subsequent analysis of the associated trends?
• What are the disease risk, burden and unmet needs of Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis?
• What is the historical Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis patient pool in seven major markets covering the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK), and Japan?
• What would be the forecasted patient pool of Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis in seven major markets covering the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK), and Japan?
• What will be the growth opportunities in the 7MM concerning the patient population pertaining to Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis?
• Out of all 7MM countries, which country would have the highest prevalent population of Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis during the forecast period (2017–2030)?
• At what CAGR the population is expected to grow in 7MM during the forecast period (2017–2030)?
Current Treatment Scenario, Marketed Drugs and Emerging Therapies:
• What are the current options for the Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis treatment, along with the approved therapy?
• What are the current treatment guidelines for the treatment of Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis in the USA, Europe, and Japan?
• How many companies are developing therapies for the treatment of Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis?
• How many therapies are developed by each company for Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis ?
• How many are emerging therapies in mid-stage, and late stage of development for Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis treatment?
• What are the key collaborations (Industry–Industry, Industry–Academia), Mergers and acquisitions, licensing activities related to the Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis therapies?
• What are the recent novel therapies, targets, mechanisms of action and technologies developed to overcome the limitation of existing therapies?
• What are the clinical studies going on for Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis and their status?
• What are the key designations that have been granted for the emerging therapies for Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis?
• What is the global historical and forecasted market of Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis?
Reasons to buy:
• The report will help in developing business strategies by understanding trends shaping and driving the Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis market
• To understand the future market competition in the Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis market and Insightful review of the key market drivers and barriers
• Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis in the US, Europe (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and the United Kingdom) and Japan
• Identification of strong upcoming players in the market will help in devising strategies that will help in getting ahead of competitors
• Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis market
• To understand the future market competition in the Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis market
Which geography accounted for the largest Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis market size?
The United States accounted for the largest Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis market size.
What is forecasted Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis size in 2030?
The analyst estimates an increase in Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis Market Size during the study period, 2017–2030
What are the present Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis market drivers?
Market opportunity, Increase in research activities, Genome-wide association studies for PSC
What are the Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis market barriers?
Lack of country-specific epidemiology data, Problems associated with disease management, Unavailability of biomarkers, Shortcomings of trials
How many companies are developing drugs for Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis?
Currently, five key pharma players are developing the drug for Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis
Which are the leading companies in Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis market?
Key Players – Gilead Sciences, HighTide Biopharma Pty Ltd, NGM Biopharmaceuticals, Intercept Pharmaceuticals, Dr Falk Pharma Gmbh
How is epidemiology segmented for Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis?
Prevalent cases of Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis, Prevalence of Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis by gender, Comorbidities associated with Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis