“Operators can best fulfil SMEs' needs by offering managed security packages that include endpoint, email, web and network protection services.”
Most telecoms operators have large bases of small and medium-sized enterprise (SME) customers that they can cross-sell security solutions to. However, operators’ managed security services offerings for SMEs are usually narrow and do not adequately address SMEs’ needs.
This report answers the following questions.
- What is the relationship between how satisfied SMEs are with fixed data connectivity services and their willingness to buy security solutions from their operator?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of operators compared to managed service providers (MSPs) and value-added resellers (VARs) in the context of serving SMEs with security solutions?
- Which security solutions should operators focus on offering to SMEs?
- How can operators demonstrate the benefits of their security solutions to SMEs and why they should offer managed services?
- How are different operators packaging their managed security services for SMEs and how are they approaching the sales of mobile security solutions?
- How and why do operators need to change their sales/marketing approach to be more successful in cross-selling security solutions to SMEs?
It also includes brief overviews of managed security propositions for SMEs that are offered by seven operators (A1 Telekom Austria, Deutsche Telekom, Etisalat, Maxis, Swisscom, Telefónica and Telstra), as well as an overview of different approaches to selling mobile security solutions (with examples of how Deutsche Telekom, Telecom Argentina and Verizon approach this opportunity).