South Korea Pasta and Noodles - Market Assessment and Forecasts to 2024
Summary The South Korean pasta & noodles sector was led by dried & instant noodles category in both value and volume terms in 2019.Furthermore, the dried pasta category is forecast to register fastest value growth while, chilled pasta is forecast to be the fastest growing category in volume terms during 2019-2024.
Hypermarkets & supermarkets is the leading channel for distribution of pasta & noodles in the country.Flexible packaging was the most commonly used pack material in South Korea.
Nongshim Co Ltd, Ottogi Co, Ltd and Yakult Honsha are the leading players in the South Korean pasta & noodles sector.
This report on the pasta & noodles sector in South Korea provides insights on high growth markets to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and companies market shares.
What else is contained? - Sector data: Overall sector value and volume data with growth analysis for 2014-2024
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for ambient noodles, ambient pasta, chilled noodles, chilled pasta, dried & instant noodles and dried pasta with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2019-2024
- Leading players: Market share of compaines (in value terms) and private labels (in value terms) in 2019
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as cash & carries & warehouse clubs, convenience stores, department stores, food & drinks specialists, hypermarkets & supermarkets, e-retailers, “dollar stores”, variety stores & general merchandise retailers, and other general retailers.
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for package materials and pack types in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Pack material data for glass, flexible packaging, rigid plastics, paper & board and rigid metal; pack type for: jar, bag/sachet, tub, stand up pouch, carton - folding, can, carton - liquid, bottle, cup, aerosol, and other pack type, closure type for: flip/snap top, screw top, prize off, twist off, plastic tie, foil, sports cap, film, cap, lever closure and other closure types, primary outer types for: carton - folding, bag, sleeve and shrink wrap.
Scope - The per capita consumption of pasta & noodles sector was higher in the South Korea than both the global and regional levels in 2019.
- The per capita consumption of dried & instant noodles was higher than other categories in 2019.
- Hypermarkets & supermarkets was the leading distribution channel in the South Korean pasta & noodles sector.
- Flexible packaging is the most commonly used pack material in the South Korean pasta & noodles sector.
- Nongshim Co Ltd, Ottogi Co, Ltd and Yakult Honsha are the leading companies in the South Korean pasta & noodles sector.
Reasons to Buy - Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed company share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as real GDP, nominal GDP, consumer price index, household consumption expenditure, population (by age group, gender, rural-urban split, and employed people and unemployment rate. It also includes economic summary of the country along with labor market and demographic trends.
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
Philippines Bakery and Cereals - Market Assessment and Forecasts to 2024
Country Profile report on the bakery & cereals sector in Philippines provides insights on high growth markets to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data...
Country Profile: Bakery & Cereals in France Summary The French bakery & cereals sector is led by the bread & rolls category in both value and volume terms.However, the breakfast cereals category is forecast to register the fastest value and volume growth during 2018-2023. Food & drinks specialists...
Country Profile: Bakery & Cereals in South Africa Summary The South African bakery & cereals sector is led by the bread & rolls category in both value and volume terms, while baking mixes category is expected to register the fastest value growth during 2018-2023.Hypermarkets & supermarkets is the...
Country Profile: Bakery & Cereals in the UAE Summary The UAE bakery & cereals sector is led by the bread & rolls category in both value and volume terms in 2018. However, the cake, pastries & sweet pies category is expected to register the fastest value growth during 2018-2023. ‘Hypermarkets & supermarkets’...
Country Profile: Bakery & Cereals in Ireland Summary The Irish bakery & cereals sector is led by the bread & rolls category in both value and volume terms in 2018, while savory biscuits is forecast to register the fastest growth in value terms during 2018-2023.Hypermarkets and supermarkets accounted...
Country Profile: Bakery & Cereals sector in Belgium Summary Belgian Bakery & Cereals sector accounted for a volume share of 0.74% of the global market and 3.26% of the regional (Western Europe) market, in 2016. The sector was valued at EUR5,190.5 million (US$5,738.3 million) in 2016 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of...
Country Profile: Bakery & Cereals sector in Bulgaria Summary The Bulgarian Bakery and Cereals market is led by the Bread & Rolls category in value and volume terms while the Breakfast cereals market is forecast to register fastest growth during 2016-2021. Food & Drinks Specialists is the leading channel for the distribution...
Gross Domestic Product Per Capita
Consumer Price Index
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.