South Africa Dairy and Soy Food - Market Assement and Forecasts to 2024
Summary The South Africa dairy & soy food sector was led by milk category in value and volume terms in 2019.Furthermore, the butter & spreadable fats category is forecast to register fastest value growth during 2019-2024.
Hypermarkets & supermarkets is the leading channel for distribution of dairy & soy food products in the country.Rigid plastics was the most commonly used pack material in South Africa.
Clover SA, Groupe Lactalis SA and Danone Group are the leading players in the South African dairy & soy food sector.
This report on the dairy & soy food sector in South Africa provides insights on high growth markets to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and companies market shares.
What else is contained? - Sector data: Overall sector value and volume data with growth analysis for 2014-2024
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Butter & spreadable fats, cheese, cream, dairy-based & soy-based desserts, drinkable yogurt, fromage frais & quark, milk, soymilk & soy drinks and yogurt with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2019-2024
- Leading players: Market share of compaines (in value terms) and private labels (in value terms) in 2019
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as cash & carries & warehouse clubs, convenience stores, department stores, food & drinks specialists, hypermarkets & supermarkets, e-retailers, “dollar stores”, variety stores & general merchandise retailers, vending machines, drug stores & pharmacies, health & beauty stores and other general retailers.
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for package materials and pack types in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Pack material data for glass, flexible packaging, rigid plastics, paper & board and rigid metal; pack type for: jar, bag/sachet, tub, stand up pouch, carton - folding, can, carton - liquid, pillow pouch, bottle, cup, aerosol, tube, tray, film, wrapper, clamshell, box, foil and other pack type, closure type for: flip/snap top, screw top, prize off, twist off, plastic tie, foil, sports cap, film, cap, lever closure, crown and other closure types, primary outer types for: carton - folding, bag, sleeve and shrink wrap.
Scope - The South African dairy & soy food sector is forecast to register the third-highest value and volume growth among leading Middle East and African markets
- Both per capita consumption and per capita expenditure of dairy & soy food was higher in South Africa than in the regional level in 2019
- South African consumers prefer value for money products in the dairy & soy food sector
- The per capita consumption of milk was higher than other dairy & soy food categories in 2019
- Clover SA was the leading company in the South African dairy & soy food sector in both value and volume terms in 2019
- Private labels are growing at a higher CAGR than brands in the South African dairy & soy food sector
- Rigid plastics is the most commonly used pack material in the South African dairy & soy food sector
Reasons to Buy - Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed company share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as real GDP, nominal GDP, consumer price index, household consumption expenditure, population (by age group, gender, rural-urban split, and employed people and unemployment rate. It also includes economic summary of the country along with labour market and demographic trends.
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
The Brazil Food Ingredient Market is projected to reach USD 23,150.3 million in 2026, growing at a CAGR of 1.18% during the forecast period (2021 - 2026). - The COVID-19 pandemic transformed the way consumer eat, and increased the consumers’ desire to know where their food comes from, while food affordability was a greater concern before...
217 pages •
By Asia Market Information & Development Company
• Feb 2021
China’s demand for Dairy Products has grown at a fast pace in the past decade. In the next decade, both production and demand will continue to grow. The Chinese economy maintains a high speed growth which has been stimulated by the consecutive increases of industrial output, import & export, consumer consumption...
Opportunities in the Global Dairy and Soy Food Sector to 2024
The global dairy and soy food sector was valued at US$519.9 billion in 2019 and is forecast to record a CAGR of 3.7% over 2019-2024 to reach US$622.3 billion by 2024. Asia-Pacific was the leading region in the global dairy and...
80 pages •
By Asia Market Information & Development Company
• Feb 2021
This study focuses on China’s Dairy Products industry forecasts. In the two past decades, the industry has been growing at a fast pace. The dramatic expansions of the manufacturing capabilities and rising consumer consumptions in China have transformed China’s society and economy. China is one of the world’s major...
Milking it: Recent free trade agreements are expected to bolster industry exports and imports Abstract Dairy Product Production in Canada The Dairy Product Production industry in Canada processes raw milk and manufactures dairy products including milk, cream, cheese, butter, yogourt and milk powder,...
Opportunities in Eastern Europe Dairy and Soy Food Sector
The global dairy and soy food sector was valued at US$5,19,881.6 million in 2019 and is forecast to record a CAGR of 3.7% during 2019-2024 to reach US$6,22,282.3 million by 2024. Eastern Europe held the lowest value share of 7.9%...
Netherlands Dairy and Soy Food Market Assessment and Forecasts to 2024
The Dutch Dairy and Soy Food sector is led by the cheese category in value terms in 2019, while the yogurt category is expected to register fastest value and volume growth during 2019-2024.Hypermarkets & supermarkets...
Strong spread: Rising demand from supermarkets is expected to outweigh falling food-service sales in 2020-21 Abstract Butter & Cheese Production in the UK This industry includes establishments that manufacture butter, cheese and curd. It excludes the manufacture of non-dairy cheese or butter substitutes....
Italy Dairy and Soy Food - Market Assessment and Forecasts to 2024
The Italian dairy & soy food sector is led by the cheese category in value terms in 2019.The fromage frais & quark category is forecast to register the fastest value growth during 2019-2024.
Hypermarkets & supermarkets...
Colombia Dairy and Soy Food Market Assessment and Forecasts to 2024
The Colombian Dairy and Soy food sector is led by the ‘milk’ category in both value and volume terms, in 2019.While, soymilk & soy drinks category is expected to register the fastest value growth during 2019-2024.
Household Consumption Expenditure
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.