Summary Tourism Source Market Insight - Scandinavia (2021) report provides a thorough insight into Scandinavia’s intra-regional and outbound tourism market.The report looks at the profiles of Scandinavian tourists and summarizes the key reasons that they travel.
The report offers an in-depth analysis of traveler flows, spending patterns, main destination markets and current and future opportunities for tourism businesses seeking to tap into the Scandinavian outbound travel market. It also assesses the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Key Highlights - The majority of travel in the region is within the country (domestic), with 82% of travel in 2020 domestic and just 18% international. Sweden has the most outbound travel in Scandinavia.
- Sun and beach holidays are the most popular in the region, aligning with the preferences of the rest of Europe. Scandinavia’s top destination is Spain, a popular sun and beach hotspot.
- Average expenditure on outbound trips is relatively high compared to other countries. Denmark is the highest, with an average outbound spend of $1528 USD per tourist.
Scope - This report is part of Source Market Insights Series.
- This report provides an in-depth analysis of traveler flows, spending patterns, main destination markets, as well as current and future opportunities for tourism businesses seeking to tap into the Scandinavian outbound travel market.
Reasons to Buy - This report provides clear insight into developments in Scandinavia’s domestic, intra-regional and outbound tourism markets.
- The report uses data and analysis to discuss future trends related to domestic trips, international departures, traveler spending, and main destination markets.
- The report explores the different profiles of Scandinavian tourists and the reasons that they travel, hence providing an insight into the trends in different segments of the market.
- The reader gains a strong understanding of the opportunities in the country, as well as the risks, to support better business decisions
- This report examines the impact of COVID-19 on Scandinavian outbound and domestic tourism
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
Smooth sailing: Pent-up demand for travel and cruises will drive demand in the short term Abstract Cruise & Travel Agency Franchises The Cruise and Travel Agency Franchises industry has performed well over the five years to 2019 compared with the US economy. Many travel agencies have struggled due to...
Staying home: Growth in disposable income and declining unemployment are expected to facilitate industry recovery Abstract Travel Agencies in Canada The Travel Agencies industry in Canada has struggled over the five years to 2019 as the traditional core services of the industry have been negated by...
Geopolitics and its Impact on Tourism - Thematic Research Summary Geopolitics refers to the influence of factors such as geography, economics, demographics and culture in the politics of a state and these ultimately shape the way that businesses and destinations operate. This thematic...
19 pages •
By Euromonitor International
• Aug 2017
Copenhagen accounts for 22% of all inbound arrivals to Denmark. Active marketing of the city, increasing airline connectivity as well as the cruise market enjoying a period of great prosperity have resulted in a growing number of visitors and benefited the Danish capital. In 2017, in order to strengthen its attractiveness as a tourist destination,...
Greenhouse Gas Emissions
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.