Car Rental (Self Drive) Global Industry Almanac 2015-2024
Summary Global Car Rental industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2015-19, and forecast to 2024). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Key Highlights - The car rental market is defined as revenues generated by car rental companies for self-drive cars for hire. The market value is mainly made up of car rentals for business, leisure purposes and Insurance replacement. Market volumes represent the size of the rental car fleet within the respective countries. The calculation excludes leasing and long term rentals. Taxis/cabs or any other passenger vehicles driven by drivers are excluded from the calculation. Any currency conversions used in the creation of this report were calculated using constant 2019 annual average exchange rates.
- Covid-19: Figures presented in this report are calculated applying the "middle path" scenario - this is based on the current situation in countries where the epidemic burst first, like China as a model countries and the announcements made by governments, stating that the abnormal situation may last up to six months.
- The assumption has been made that after this time the economy will gradually go back to the levels recorded before the pandemics by the end of the year. It is also assumed that there is no widespread economic crisis as seen back in 2008 due to announced pay-outs across countries.
- At the moment of preparation of this report in August 2020 the economic implications of the lock downs of many economics are still very difficult to predict as there is no indication how long the pandemics could last.
- The global car rental market had total revenues of $78.8bn in 2019, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.1% between 2015 and 2019.
- Market consumption volume increased with a CAGR of 3.6% between 2015 and 2019, to reach a total fleet size of 6.8tn in 2019.
- Growth in this market was sustained primarily by growth in the US, which is by far the world’s largest single-country market and also outpaces the whole of Europe and Asia-Pacific.
Scope - Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the global car rental market
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the global car rental market
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key car rental market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the global car rental market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to Buy - What was the size of the global car rental market by value in 2019?
- What will be the size of the global car rental market in 2024?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the global car rental market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up the global car rental market?
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
454 pages •
By Global Industry Analysts
• Apr 2021
- The increasingly tougher business environment in the travel and tourism sector is sending ripples of disruption, fear and anxiety across the entire value chain including car rentals. Rapid spread of COVID-19 across the globe is having an enormous impact on the travel and tourism industry. From cruise ship quarantines...
179 pages •
By Global Industry Analysts
• Apr 2021
- Global Cab Services Market to Reach $235.9 Billion by 2027
- Amid the COVID-19 crisis, the global market for Cab Services estimated at US$150.2 Billion in the year 2020, is projected to reach a revised size of US$235.9 Billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 6.7% over the analysis period 2020-2027. E-Hailing,...
120 pages •
By Infiniti Research Limited
• Mar 2021
Global Car Rental Market 2021-2025 The analyst has been monitoring the car rental market and it is poised to grow by $ 66.62 bn during 2021-2025 progressing at a CAGR of 18% during the forecast period. Our reports on car rental market provides a holistic analysis, market size and forecast, trends, growth drivers, and challenges,...
The?Saudi Arabia Car Rental and Leasing Market?is projected to grow with a CAGR of more than?5?% during the forecast period. - The market is primarily driven by the factors such as?growing tourism industry in the country including religious visits (Hajj and Umrah) and the growing businesses, which is propelling the demand for rental...
Abstract Limousine & Town Car Services Procurement in the US This report is intended to assist buyers of limousine and town car services. Limousine and town car services are a luxury form of travel that involves a chauffeur picking a person up in a limousine or town car at a predetermined location and driving...
400 pages •
By The Business Research Company
• Jan 2021
Major companies in the leasing market include Enterprise Holdings Inc; Hertz Global Holdings Inc; LeasePlan Corporation N V; Avis Budget Group Inc and United Rentals Inc. The global leasing market is expected to grow from $1185.17 billion in 2020 to $1355.63 billion in 2021 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 14.4%. The growth...
Passenger cars and light trucks are the main modes of transportation in most industrialised countries. The vast majority of car trips in metropolitan areas are drive-alone trips with only one person in the car and vehicles are used for only about one hour per day on average. Carsharing is one of many car-based mobility services that have become...
Truck on: An increase in demand across the industry’s major downstream markets will likely boost industry revenue Abstract Truck Rental in Canada The Truck Rental industry in Canada performed well over the five years to 2018 as demand for industry services has grown steadily from both businesses and...
Abstract Vehicle Rental Procurement in the US This report is intended to assist buyers of vehicle rental services. Vehicle rental service providers offer passenger cars, trucks and SUVs temporarily in exchange for a fee. Vehicle rental periods can range from a few hours to several months. Buyers include consumers...
In reverse: Industry revenue is forecast to plummet in 2020-21, largely due to restrictions on movement Abstract Car Rental & Leasing in the UK Firms in this industry rent cars and small commercial vehicles to private users and businesses on a short-term basis. Customers can also lease cars and other...
Business Confidence Index
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.