Singapore Retail Banking 2020 - Review, Forecasts, and Future Opportunities
Summary Singapore’s retail banking sector has seen steady growth year on year, but the impact of COVID-19 has caused uncertainty in the market. In light of the pandemic, Singapore’s GDP is expected to fall to -6.07% in 2020 but is forecast to improve in 2021, suggesting signs of economic recovery. A significant increase in unemployment will occur in 2020, while corporate bankruptcies are likely to increase in the coming months according to the country’s financial regulator and central bank, the Monetary Authority of Singapore. Although circuit breaker lockdown restrictions have eased and businesses have reopened, it is inevitable that it will take some time for them to reach pre-pandemic normality.
This report explores trends in Singapore’s retail banking sector and offers insight into consumer preferences and behaviors.It highlights some of the most important data points available on the performance of the sector comparable to other markets, as well as the performance and perception of firms within the industry.
New trends and innovations are also noted, as are the implications of COVID-19 for the sector.
Scope - Singapore’s market concentration is generally higher across all products in comparison to peer countries. Except for residential mortgages, Singapore has considerably higher market concentration across all products. DBS recorded the largest increase for most products; the exception was retail deposits, where Standard Chartered led the way over 2010-19.
- Our survey found that Singaporean consumers’ preference for online banking saw a significant decline across most activities over the review period, whereas mobile banking recorded significant increases.
- The survey results also indicate that POSB and Citibank customers are most dissatisfied with their banks’ mobile channels. POSB also has the highest online banking dissatisfaction and the lowest proportion of engaged digital users. Singapore is considerably behind peers such as India and Australia, but the proportion of engaged digital users remains robust at 71%.
Reasons to Buy - Identify factors affecting growth prospects across the deposit, credit card, personal loan, and mortgage markets.
- Track competitor gains and losses in market share.
- Assess consumer perceptions of competitors’ performance.
- Measure channel preferences over the last four years.
- Pinpoint the areas of mobile user experience that are most valued by customers in Singapore, and measure changes in attitudes towards digital-only banks.
- Receive insights into target demographics for non-bank providers across different products.
- Discover the importance placed on the various attributes of financial service providers analyzed by age/income.
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
China Retail Banking 2020 - Review, Forecasts, and Future Opportunities
This report explores trends in the Chinese retail banking sector as well as insight into consumer preferences and behaviors.It highlights some of the most important data points available on the performance of the sector...
New Zealand Retail Banking, 2020 Update - Review, Forecasts and Future Opportunities
Growth in New Zealand’s retail banking sector has been strong over the past decade. COVID-19 threatens to impact growth in 2020, but clear and coherent government policy as well as organized track and...
Beyond the Hype - Insight into Digital Challenger Banks
In the last decade, the concept of the digital-only bank has gone from isolated upstart players to a global phenomenon present in all major regions around the world.In the last two years alone, many digital challenger banks have witnessed...
The Digital Lending Market is expected to register a CAGR of approximately 11.9% during the forecast period (2020 - 2025). The Lending landscape has changed drastically over the years due to the rapid adoption of digitization in the BFSI industry. The traditional form of lending still prevails in many parts of the world. However, the benefits...
Secure assets: An expected improvement in the post-pandemic economy will aid industry revenue Abstract Commercial Banking in the US The Commercial Banking industry is composed of banks regulated by the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, the Federal Reserve Board and the Federal Deposit Insurance...
Money constraints: Banks are expected to generate lower interest and non-interest income in the current year Abstract Banks in the UK The Banks industry covers the retail and commercial banking activities of deposit-taking institutions. Retail and commercial banks accept deposits from and make loans...
Canada Retail Banking 2020 - Review, Forecasts, and Future Opportunities
Growth in Canada’s retail banking sector has been consistent over the past decade, with the country avoiding the type of recessionary effects experienced by other economies post-2008.However, COVID-19 threatens to...
Banks Global Industry Almanac 2015-2024
Global Banks industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: industry group size (value 2015-19, and forecast to 2024). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial...
Where credit’s due: Continued interest rate hikes will boost profit for the industry Abstract Credit Unions in the US The Credit Unions industry experienced tremendous growth during the five-year period to 2019, stemming from increased membership and rising interest rates. Strength in the economy, as...
- In the recent years, retail banking has become a key area of strategic emphasis in the US banking industry, as evidenced by rising trends in retail loan and deposit shares on commercial bank balance sheets, and a continuing increase in the number of bank branches. - Retail banks offer consumers credit to purchase homes, cars, and furniture....
Number Of Credit Cards
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.