Summary Greece has one of the most developed and comprehensive welfare systems in the world.The Greek government provides various social insurance and assistance schemes including insurance cover for the elderly, disability, sickness, unemployment, and survivors’ pension schemes.
However, social assistance schemes are not provided to elderly people and repatriated citizens, who receive other public welfare services. Greek private employers also offer various benefits to employees including mobile phone benefits, gift vouchers, and stock options.
The report provides in-depth industry analysis, information and insights of the employee benefits in Greece, including: overview of the state and compulsory benefits in Greece, detailed information about the private benefits in Greece, insights on various central institutions responsible for the administration of the different branches of social security and the regulatory framework of the employee benefits in Greece.
Key Highlights - IKA-ETAM is the main institution that governs and supervises social security-related issues, including enrolment and claims settlement.
- Labor Employment Office (OAED) administers issues related to benefits provided to employees including pensions, sickness, maternity, unemployment, and family care.
- Private benefits facilitated by employers are regulated and supervised on the basis of benefits
- Pillar II comprises the occupational pension funds, which may be given in the form of group pension insurance or pension fund
Scope This report provides a detailed analysis of employee benefits in Greece -
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key government-sponsored employee benefits, along with private benefits
- It covers an exhaustive list of employee benefits, including retirement benefits, death in service, long-term disability benefits, medical benefits, workmen’s compensation insurance, maternity and paternity benefits, family benefits, unemployment, long-term care benefits, leave and private benefits
- It highlights the economic and regulatory situations relating to employee benefits in Greece
Reasons to Buy - Make strategic decisions using in-depth information related to employee benefits in Greece.
- Assess Greece’s employee benefits market, including state and compulsory benefits and private benefits.
- Gain insights into the key employee benefit schemes offered by private employers in Greece.
- Gain insights into key organizations governing Greece’s employee benefits, and their impact on companies.
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
Employee Benefits in Slovakia 2021
Following independence in 1993, the Slovak government reformed taxation, healthcare, pensions, and the social welfare system.These reforms helped the government to consolidate the budget and move towards joining the EU in 2004.
The country also...
Employee Benefits in Latvia 2021
The social security system in Latvia is classified into three categories: state social insurance, social assistance, and the social service system.The state social insurance system covers legislation on social insurance, maternity and sickness insurance,...
Employee Benefits in United Kingdom (UK) 2021
The UK has one of the most comprehensive and well-established welfare systems in the world.It is predominantly controlled by the social security system.
Welfare benefits in the country are disbursed under various schemes, such as cash...
Employee Benefits in Belgium 2021 Summary The Belgian social security system covers a large proportion of the country’s population and plays a significant role in its employee benefits landscape.However, the recent debt crisis in the European Union (EU) member states had an adverse impact on the...
Employee Benefits in South Africa 2021
South Africa has a well-developed social security system, which covers employees and their dependents, as well as unemployed persons and individuals.The Department of Labor (DoL) is the central labor administration body and is regulated by the Ministry...
Employee Benefits in Switzerland 2021
The Swiss social security system comprises various forms of social insurance, which aim to protect both people living and working in Switzerland and their dependents. It is organized federally, and social security responsibilities are divided between...
Employee Benefits in the United States of America (USA) 2021
The US social security system covers more than 96% of the total workers employed in the US.The motive of providing employee benefits is to support the economic security of an individual by insuring against unsure events and to...
Employee Benefits in Mexico 2021
Mexico’s social security system was introduced in 1942 and has since evolved in terms of scope and coverage.The Mexican Social Security Institute (IMSS) and the Institute for Security and Social Services for Government Workers (ISSSTE) are the governing...
Employee Benefits in Ireland 2021
The Irish social security system covers company employees, self-employed persons, the unemployed, people with less than minimum resources, and dependent family members of deceased employees.The Irish social welfare system is divided into social insurance...
Employee Benefits in the Philippines 2021
The Philippines is seen as one of Asia’s most socially progressive countries, because of its commitment to providing citizens with secured livelihoods; the Philippine constitution guarantees individuals complete social, economic and cultural rights.Female...
Life Insurance Claims
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.