Summary Greece has one of the most developed and comprehensive welfare systems in the world.The Greek government provides various social insurance and assistance schemes including insurance cover for the elderly, disability, sickness, unemployment, and survivors’ pension schemes.
However, social assistance schemes are not provided to elderly people and repatriated citizens, who receive other public welfare services. Greek private employers also offer various benefits to employees including mobile phone benefits, gift vouchers, and stock options.
The report provides in-depth industry analysis, information and insights of the employee benefits in Greece, including: overview of the state and compulsory benefits in Greece, detailed information about the private benefits in Greece, insights on various central institutions responsible for the administration of the different branches of social security and the regulatory framework of the employee benefits in Greece.
Key Highlights - IKA-ETAM is the main institution that governs and supervises social security-related issues, including enrolment and claims settlement.
- Labor Employment Office (OAED) administers issues related to benefits provided to employees including pensions, sickness, maternity, unemployment, and family care.
- Private benefits facilitated by employers are regulated and supervised on the basis of benefits
- Pillar II comprises the occupational pension funds, which may be given in the form of group pension insurance or pension fund
Scope This report provides a detailed analysis of employee benefits in Greece -
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key government-sponsored employee benefits, along with private benefits
- It covers an exhaustive list of employee benefits, including retirement benefits, death in service, long-term disability benefits, medical benefits, workmen’s compensation insurance, maternity and paternity benefits, family benefits, unemployment, long-term care benefits, leave and private benefits
- It highlights the economic and regulatory situations relating to employee benefits in Greece
Reasons to Buy - Make strategic decisions using in-depth information related to employee benefits in Greece.
- Assess Greece’s employee benefits market, including state and compulsory benefits and private benefits.
- Gain insights into the key employee benefit schemes offered by private employers in Greece.
- Gain insights into key organizations governing Greece’s employee benefits, and their impact on companies.
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
Employee Benefits in United Kingdom (UK) 2021
The UK has one of the most comprehensive and well-established welfare systems in the world.It is predominantly controlled by the social security system.
Welfare benefits in the country are disbursed under various schemes, such as cash...
Employee Benefits in Indonesia, 2020 Update
The Indonesian social security system comprises the provident fund system and social insurance system.Social security in Indonesia covers a small proportion of the population with minimal benefits.
With effect from January 1, 2014, a...
Employee Benefits in Bulgaria 2021
The National Social Security Institute (NSSI) is responsible for managing all the social security schemes in the Republic of Bulgaria.It administers mandatory social security schemes such as sickness, maternity, occupational diseases, workplace accidents,...
Employee Benefits in Romania 2021 Summary Romania has a well-established social security system.In order to provide its citizens with decent living conditions, the Romanian government provides various social security schemes in close association with private institutions. The Romanian pension...
Employee Benefits in Denmark 2021 Summary Denmark is one of the few countries in the world that adjusted well to the challenge of providing an established social security system and a flexible labor market for its citizens.It was one of the first countries to adopt a multi-pillar pension system,...
Employee Benefits in Poland 2021
Poland has a well-developed social security system that covers the risks of employees, self-employed persons and their family members.Poland has two special insurance schemes: the Social Insurance Institution (Zak?adUbezpiecze? Spo?ecznych- ZUS) and the...
Employee Benefits in Nigeria 2021 Summary The Nigerian pension system has been facing much turbulence, regardless of the increase in the number of pensioners every year.The Nigerian pension system includes everyone from means-tested to private employees. Nigeria’s social security system is...
Employee Benefits in Australia 2021
Australia has one of the most developed and well-established welfare systems.To ensure decent living conditions for its citizens, the Australian government operates various welfare schemes.
The main outgoing expenditures of the Australian government...
Employee Benefits in Latvia 2020
The social security system in Latvia is classified into three categories: state social insurance, social assistance, and the social service system.The state social insurance system covers legislation on social insurance, maternity and sickness insurance,...
Employee Benefits in Peru 2020
The social security system in Peru is still undergoing significant change, with low social security contributions due to the informal nature of the labor market as most of the workers are self-employed and lack of information and valuation within the system.In...
Number Of Employees
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.