Summary The global meat sector was valued at US$1,267.2 billion in 2019 and is forecast to record a CAGR of 1.6% during 2019-2024 to reach US$1,371.5 by 2024. A total of 109 countries were analyzed based on risk-reward analysis to identify 10 high-potential countries by region. The high-potential countries identified include Canada, Chile, Spain, Portugal, Switzerland, Poland, Turkey, Hong Kong, Vietnam and Saudi Arabia. Of the top 10 high-potential countries, Spain was the leading meat market in 2019. Meat with health & wellness claims accounted for 5.9% of the overall global sector sales in 2019. The top five companies in the global meat sector accounted for a value share of 5.1% in 2019. The sector is led by WH Group., which held a share of 1.9%, followed by Tyson Foods, Inc., Itoham Foods Inc., Inner Mongolia Praire Xingfa Co., Ltd. and BRF S.A., which accounted for shares of 1.8%, 0.5%, 0.5%, and 0.4%, respectively. Private labels held shares of 25.9% , in the same year. Hypermarkets & supermarkets was the leading channel for the distribution of meat, with a value share of 57.9% globally in 2019, followed by food & drinks specialists with a 28.2% share. Rigid plastics was the most used pack material in the meat sector, accounting for 56.4% of volume share in 2019, followed by flexible packaging with 29.7% share.
This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the global meat sector.
It includes analysis on the following - - Sector Overview: Provides an overview of current sector scenario regarding the future outlook in terms of ingredients, product claims, labeling, and packaging. The analysis also covers regional overview across five regions- Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, Americas, Western Europe, and Eastern Europe- highlighting sector size, growth drivers, latest developments, and future inhibitors for the region
- Change in Consumption: Provides a shift in the consumption of meat as compared to other major sectors such as meat, meat, savory snacks and dairy & soy food during 2014-2024 at global and regional levels
- High-Potential Countries: Provides risk-reward analysis of the top four high-potential countries in each region based on market assessment, economic development,
socio-demographic, governance indicators, and technological infrastructure
- Country and Regional Analysis: Provides deep-dive analysis of 10 high-potential countries covering value growth over 2019-2024, key challenges, consumer demographics, and key trends. It also includes regional analysis covering the future outlook for the region
- Health & Wellness Analysis*: Provides insights on the health & wellness products in terms of value and percentage share in the overall meat sector at a global and regional level during 2014-2024. The analysis includes key health & wellness attributes and consumer benefits driving the sales of meat products across the five regions in 2019. It also covers the market share of leading companies offering meat products with health and wellness attributes in the same year
- Competitive Landscape: Provides an overview of leading brands at a global and regional level, besides analyzing the product profile, country level presence, market share, and growth of private labels in each region
- Key Distribution Channels: Provides analysis on the leading distribution channels in the global meat sector in 2019. It covers: Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Food & drinks specialists, Convenience Stores, eRetailers, Cash & Carries & Warehouse Clubs, Department Stores, “Dollar Stores”, Variety Stores & General Merchandise Retailers, Direct Sellers and Others
- Preferred Packaging Formats*: The report provides percentage share (in 2019) and growth analysis (during 2014-2024) for various packaging materials, containers, closures, and outer types based on the volume sales (by pack units) of meat products
Scope - Provides an overview of current industry scenario regarding the future outlook in terms of ingredients, product claims, labeling, and packaging.
- The analysis also covers regional overview across five regions - Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa, Americas, Western Europe, and Eastern Europe - highlighting industry size, growth drivers, latest developments, and future inhibitors for the regions.
Reasons to Buy - To have a thorough fact based analysis with information about the global Meat industry across the five regions in value terms and the underlying factors that are driving the sales.
- To gain confidence to make the correct business decisions based on a detailed analysis of the industry and to identify high potential countries over the next 5 years.
- The analysts have placed a significant emphasis on the mega trends that drive consumer choice and will provide a clear picture about the future opportunities that can be explored across the regions, resulting in revenue expansion.
- To gain competitive intelligence about leading brands in the industry at global and regional level with information about their sector share, business descriptions and product profiles
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
Opportunities in the Eastern Europe Meat Sector
The global meat sector was valued at US$1,267,237.3 million in 2019 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 1.6% over 2019-2024. Eastern Europe was the second smallest market in the global meat sector with value sales of US$77,999.8 million,...
The global meat starter cultures market size is estimated to be valued at USD 62 million in 2020 and projected to reach USD 76 million by 2025, recording a CAGR of 3.9%. The market is driven primarily by factors such as increasing consumption of processed meat with higher shelf-life. North America is projected to be the fastest-growing regional...
The plant-based meat market is estimated to be valued at USD 4.3 billion in 2020 and is projected to reach USD 8.3 billion by 2025, recording a CAGR of 14.0%, in terms of value. The plant-based meat market is primarily driven by factors such as growing vegan and flexitarian population across the world.North American region is forecasted...
Executive Summary The Global High Pressure Processing (HPP) Food was valued at USD 15523.36 Million in the year 2019. High Pressure Processing (HPP) is cold pasteurization in pure water; it uses ultra-high pressure purified water to keep packaged food pathogen-free to stay fresh longer. At very high pressures bacteria such...
Opportunities in the Asia-Pacific Meat Sector
Asia Pacific represents the largest market globally with a value share of 45.8% in the global meat sector in 2019, and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 0.5% during 2019-2024. Fresh meat (counter) is the largest category in the Asia Pacific...
Opportunities in the Americas Meat Sector
The Americas meat sector, valued at US$312,831.6 million in 2019, emerged as the second largest region with a value share of 24.7% in the global meat sector, and is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 2.5% during 2019-2024. Based on the relative performance...
Meat Global Industry Almanac 2015-2024
Global Meat industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2015-19, and forecast to 2024). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including...
The global casing market is expected to record a value of US$5.90 billion in 2024, increasing at a CAGR of 2.48%, for the time period of 2020-2024. The factors such as increasing meat consumption, growing world population, escalating the fast food market, rising demand for processed meat and rapid urbanisation would drive the growth of the...
Frozen demand: The negative effects of COVID-19 mean revenue is expected to decline in the current year Abstract Poultry Meat Processing in the UK This industry consists of firms operating slaughterhouses engaged in killing, dressing or packing poultry. Operators are involved in the production of fresh,...
Thin cut: Falling demand from food-service firms and wholesalers is set to reduce revenue in 2020-21 Abstract Meat Product Manufacturing in the UK The Meat Product Manufacturing industry consists of firms engaged in the production of dried, salted or smoked meats. It also includes the production of...
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.