Summary Car Rental (Self Drive) in South Africa industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2015-19, and forecast to 2024). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Key Highlights - The car rental market is defined as revenues generated by car rental companies for self-drive cars for hire. The market value is mainly made up of car rentals for business, leisure purposes and Insurance replacement. Market volumes represent the size of the rental car fleet within the respective countries. The calculation excludes leasing and long term rentals. Taxis/cabs or any other passenger vehicles driven by drivers are excluded from the calculation. Any currency conversions used in the creation of this report were calculated using constant 2019 annual average exchange rates.
- The South African car rental market had total revenues of $428.4m in 2019, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.4% between 2015 and 2019.
- Market consumption volume increased with a CAGR of 1.6% between 2015 and 2019, to reach a total fleet size of 66 billion in 2019.
- Leading players in this market have frequently cited the lack of growth in the South African economy as the chief constraint on the growth of their businesses.
Scope - Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the car rental market in South Africa
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the car rental market in South Africa
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key car rental market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the South Africa car rental market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to Buy - What was the size of the South Africa car rental market by value in 2019?
- What will be the size of the South Africa car rental market in 2024?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the South Africa car rental market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up South Africa’s car rental market?
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
The?Saudi Arabia Car Rental and Leasing Market?is projected to grow with a CAGR of more than?5?% during the forecast period. - The market is primarily driven by the factors such as?growing tourism industry in the country including religious visits (Hajj and Umrah) and the growing businesses, which is propelling the demand for rental...
Happy trails: More inbound trips by foreign visitors will likely boost industry demand at airports Abstract Car Rental in the US The Car Rental industry has prospered over the five years to 2019. Rising per capita disposable income and a low unemployment rate have encouraged consumers to increase their...
Abstract Limousine & Town Car Services Procurement in the US This report is intended to assist buyers of limousine and town car services. Limousine and town car services are a luxury form of travel that involves a chauffeur picking a person up in a limousine or town car at a predetermined location and driving...
Flat tire: Ongoing travel restrictions continue to stall industry revenue growth Abstract Passenger Car Rental and Hiring in Australia Industry firms lease, hire or rent out passenger cars without drivers. Passenger cars include sedans, hatchbacks, station wagons, SUVs and minibuses. Novated leasing...
Crashing: Revenue plummets as the COVID-19 outbreak severely reduces industry demand Abstract Passenger Car Rental and Hiring in New Zealand Industry companies are involved in leasing, hiring or renting out passenger cars without drivers. This includes vehicles rented on a short-term basis, or leased...
Truck on: An increase in demand across the industry’s major downstream markets will likely boost industry revenue Abstract Truck Rental in Canada The Truck Rental industry in Canada performed well over the five years to 2018 as demand for industry services has grown steadily from both businesses and...
In reverse: Industry revenue is forecast to plummet in 2020-21, largely due to restrictions on movement Abstract Car Rental & Leasing in the UK Firms in this industry rent cars and small commercial vehicles to private users and businesses on a short-term basis. Customers can also lease cars and other...
Abstract Vehicle Rental Procurement in the US This report is intended to assist buyers of vehicle rental services. Vehicle rental service providers offer passenger cars, trucks and SUVs temporarily in exchange for a fee. Vehicle rental periods can range from a few hours to several months. Buyers include consumers...
Flat tyre: Plummeting demand during the COVID-19 outbreak has offset earlier revenue gains Abstract Car Rental & Leasing in France Companies in the industry rent cars, trucks and other motor vehicles to private users and businesses on a short-term basis. Customers can also lease cars and other vehicles...
Car Rental (Self Drive) Global Group of Eight (G8) Industry Guide 2015-2024
The G8 Car Rental industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2015-19, and forecast to 2024). The profile also contains descriptions...
Car Rental Fleet Size
Consumer Price Index
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.