Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer - Epidemiology Forecast to 2029
Summary Lung cancer is a disease of uncontrolled cell growth in the lung tissues.It is one of the most commonly occurring cancers in the world (International Agency for Research on Cancer, 2018).
There are two main types of lung cancer: non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) and small cell lung cancer (SCLC).Other less common types of lung tumors include lung carcinoid tumors, adenoid cystic carcinomas, lymphomas, and sarcomas.
Benign lung tumors such as hamartomas are rare.NSCLC is the most common type of lung cancer, making up about 85% of all lung cancers.
SCLC accounts for 10–15% of lung cancers, while carcinoid tumors are the rarest, occurring in fewer than five percent of lung cancers (American Cancer Society, 2016). The majority of lung cancer cases are attributable to smoking. However, a sizable portion of cases occur in non-smokers, implying that genetic components, family history, and environmental exposure also play a prominent role in the development of the disease (American Cancer Society, 2016).
In 2019, there were 794,999 diagnosed incident cases of NSCLC in men and women combined, ages 18 years and older, in the 8MM.Urban China accounted for the largest share of these cases with 301,036 diagnosed incident cases, while Spain accounted for the smallest share with 29,977 cases in 2019.
Epidemiologists forecast an increase in the diagnosed incident cases of NSCLC to 1,034,554 cases in 2029 in the 8MM at an Annual Growth Rate (AGR) of 3.01% during the forecast period. In 2019, there were 1,060,302 five-year diagnosed prevalent cases of NSCLC in men and women combined, ages 18 years and older, in the 8MM. Urban China accounted for the largest share of these cases with 354,667 cases, while Spain accounted for the smallest share with 25,831 cases in 2019. The five-year diagnosed prevalent cases of NSCLC will increase to 1,370,422 cases in 2029 at an AGR of 2.92% during the forecast period.
Scope - The Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC) Epidemiology Report provides an overview of the risk factors and the global and historical trends for NSCLC in the eight major markets (8MM: US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Japan, and urban China). The report includes diagnosed incident cases and five-year diagnosed prevalent cases of NSCLC in these markets from 2019–2029.
- The incident cases are further segmented by sex and age (18–39 years, 40–59 years, 60–79 years, and 80 years and older), by cancer stage at diagnosis (stages IA, IB, IIA, IIB, IIIA, IIIB, IIIC, and IV), and by cancer histology subtype (non-squamous cell carcinoma [adenocarcinoma, large cell carcinoma, and others] and squamous cell carcinoma). Diagnosed incident cases of non-squamous cell carcinoma are further segmented by mutations, specifically immunotherapy biomarkers, and genomic biomarkers. Diagnosed incident cases of non-squamous cell carcinoma EGFR are segmented by subtypes. Diagnosed incident cases of non-squamous cell carcinoma KRAS were segmented by subtypes. The diagnosed incident cases of squamous cell carcinoma are segmented by mutations.
- The NSCLC epidemiology report is written and developed by Masters- and PhD-level epidemiologists.
- The Epidemiology Report is in-depth, high quality, transparent and market-driven, providing expert analysis of disease trends in the 8MM.
Reasons to Buy The NSCLC Epidemiology series will allow you to -
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global NSCLC market.
- Quantify patient populations in the global NSCLC market to improve product design, pricing, and launch plans.
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the age groups that present the best opportunities for NSCLC therapeutics in each of the markets covered.
- Understand magnitude of NSCLC by stage at diagnosis, histology types, and biomarkers.
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
The alpha emitter market is expected to witness a healthy CAGR of 36.7% during the forecast period (2020 - 2025). Certain factors that are driving the market growth include increased awareness about the potential benefits of targeted alpha therapy and the growing number of patients with cardiac and cancer ailments. Targeted anticancer...
The global cancer cachexia market was valued at USD 2,256.35 million in 2020, and it is expected to reach USD 2,974.49 million by 2026, registering a CAGR of 4.47% during the forecast period. The outbreak of COVID-19 impacted the cancer cachexia market, as hospitals and healthcare services were significantly reduced due to social distancing...
Nanoscale technology is widely used in medical devices and medicine where manipulations are made at the molecular level, taking advantage of the novel properties of a material. The primary demand of this field in medicine is in making improvements in the delivery of treatments and healthcare outcomes. Nanomedicine refers to the usage of nanoscale...
The propelling factors for the growth of the apheresis market include the increasing number of diseases, a rise in the demand for blood components and associated safety, technological advancement in the development of new apheresis techniques, and rise in the reimbursement policies and funding for apheresis procedures. With the increasing...
The global cold plasma equipment market is expected to reach US$ 308.87 Mn in 2027 from US$ 96.67 Mn in 2019. The market is estimated to grow with a CAGR of 15.6% from 2020-2027. The growth of the cold plasma equipment market is primarily attributed to the factors such as increasing use of cold plasma in medical treatment, increasing...
200 pages •
By The Business Research Company
• Dec 2020
Major players in the cancer clinical decision tools market are McKesson Corporation, Medical Information Technology Inc., Philips Healthcare, Siemens Healthineers, Elsevier B.V., Macmillan and National Decision Support Company. The global cancer clinical decision tools market is expected to decline from $0.38 billion in 2019 to $0.35...
Colorectal Cancer Diagnostic Tests - Medical Devices Pipeline Assessment, 2020
Medical Devices sector report, “Colorectal Cancer Diagnostic Tests - Medical Devices Pipeline Assessment, 2020" provides comprehensive information about the Colorectal Cancer Diagnostic Tests pipeline products...
The global cell isolation market size is projected to reach USD 15.0 billion by 2025 from USD 6.9billion in 2020, at a CAGR of 16.8% during the forecast period. Market growth is driven by factors The growing investments in personalized medicine can primarily be attributed to the growing demand for advanced treatments with minimal side-effects...
Ewing Sarcoma - Pipeline Review, H2 2020
latest Pharmaceutical and Healthcare disease pipeline guide Ewing Sarcoma - Pipeline Review, H2 2020, provides an overview of the Ewing Sarcoma (Oncology) pipeline landscape.
Ewing’s sarcoma is a primary bone cancer that affects mainly...
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.