Metastatic Colorectal Cancer Epidemiology Forecast to 2030

Metastatic Colorectal Cancer Epidemiology Forecast to 2030

  • January 2021 •
  • 80 pages •
  • Report ID: 6010475 •
  • Format: PDF
‘Metastatic Colorectal Cancer (mCRC) - Epidemiology Forecast – 2030’ report delivers an in-depth understanding of the disease, historical and forecasted Metastatic Colorectal Cancer (mCRC) epidemiology in the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and United Kingdom) and Japan.

Geographies Covered
• The United States
• EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom)
• Japan
Study Period: 2017–2030

Metastatic Colorectal Cancer (mCRC) Understanding
Colorectal cancer (CRC) is the third most common, with metastasis being the major cause of death in the majority of patients. CRC starts in the colon or the rectum. These cancers can also be called colon cancer or rectal cancer, depending on where they start. Colon cancer and rectal cancer are often grouped together because they have many features in common. CRC may develop when polyps, mushroom-like growths inside the colon, grow and become cancerous or cells along the lining of the colon or rectum mutate and grow out of control, forming a tumor.
CRC that spreads, or metastasizes, to the lungs, liver or any other organ is called metastatic colorectal cancer (mCRC). The most common site of metastases for colon or rectal cancer is the liver. CRC cells may also spread to the lungs, bones, brain, or spinal cord. If a person has been treated for CRC and cancer cells have been found in these areas, it may be a sign that the original CRC has spread. mCRC is different from recurrent CRC.
Generally, most CRCs (95%) are considered sporadic, meaning the genetic changes develop by chance after a person is born, so there is no risk of passing these genetic changes on to one’s children. Inherited CRCs are less common (5%) and occur when gene mutations, or changes, are passed within a family from one generation to the next. Often, the cause of CRC is not known.
Most CRCs start as a growth on the inner lining of the colon or rectum. These growths are called polyps. Some types of polyps can change into cancer over time (usually many years), but not all polyps become cancer. The chance of a polyp turning into cancer depends on the type of polyp it is.
If cancer forms in a polyp, it can grow into the wall of the colon or rectum over time. The wall of the colon and rectum is made up of many layers. CRC starts in the innermost layer (the mucosa) and can grow outward through some or all of the other layers. When cancer cells are in the wall, they can then grow into blood vessels or lymph vessels (tiny channels that carry away waste and fluid). From there, they can travel to nearby lymph nodes or distant parts of the body. The stage (extent of spread) of a CRC depends on how deeply it grows into the wall and if it has spread outside the colon or rectum.

Metastatic Colorectal Cancer (mCRC) Epidemiology Perspective
The disease epidemiology covered in the report provides historical as well as forecasted epidemiology segmented by Incident Population of Colorectal Cancer, Gender-specific Distribution of Colorectal Cancer, Age-specific Distribution of Colorectal Cancer, Incident Population of Colorectal Cancer based on Tumor Localization, Incident Population of Colorectal Cancer based on CRC Staging and Incident Population of Metastatic Colorectal Cancer (mCRC) in the 7MM market covering the United States, EU5 countries (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and United Kingdom) and Japan from 2017 to 2030.

Metastatic Colorectal Cancer (mCRC) Detailed Epidemiology Segmentation
• The incident population of CRC in the seven major markets was 518,742 in 2017.
• The incident population of mCRC in the seven major markets is estimated to be 213,181 in 2020.
• In the United States, the number of males and females with CRC is estimated to be 89,527 and 63,773, respectively, in 2020.
• CRC can be divided based upon the tumor localization at the right colon, transverse, left colon, rectosigmoid, and rectum. In the United States, the estimated number of CRC cases with tumor localization at the right colon, transverse, left colon, rectosigmoid, and rectum was 48,751, 19,616, 46,299, 13,558, and 16,298 cases in 2017 .
• In 2017, CRC incidence, in the United States, was highest in the age group of 65–84 years, followed by 45–64 years and ?85 years with 64,184, 54,087, and 16,443 cases, respectively. The lowest incidence of CRC was observed in the people below <20 years (433 cases), preceded by the age group 20–44 years (9,087 cases) in 2017.
• In the EU5 countries, the incidence of mCRC was maximum in Germany with 23,499 cases, followed by the Italy with 20,310 cases in 2017. While, the least number of cases were in Spain, with 15,400 cases in 2017.
• In Japan, the incidence of mCRC is estimated to be 60,482 in 2020.

Scope of the Report
• The report covers the descriptive overview of Metastatic Colorectal Cancer (mCRC), explaining its causes, signs and symptoms, pathophysiology.
• The report provides insight into the 7MM historical and forecasted patient pool covering the United States, EU5 countries (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and United Kingdom) and Japan.
• The report assesses the disease risk and burden and highlights the unmet needs of Metastatic Colorectal Cancer (mCRC).
• The report provides the segmentation of the disease epidemiology for the 7MM by Incident Population of Colorectal Cancer, Gender-specific Distribution of Colorectal Cancer, Age-specific Distribution of Colorectal Cancer, Incident Population of Colorectal Cancer based on Tumor Localization, Incident Population of Colorectal Cancer based on CRC Staging and Incident Population of Metastatic Colorectal Cancer (mCRC).

Report Highlights
• Eleven Year Forecast of Metastatic Colorectal Cancer (mCRC)
• 7MM Coverage
• The analyst analysed gender-specific data of mCRC, which suggests that the incidence of mCRC is more frequent in males than in females.
• The analyst has also analysed data on types of CRC based on CRC staging, which suggests that localized CRC was the most common type of CRC, followed by regional type.
• CRC can also be divided based upon the tumor localization at the right colon, transverse, left colon, rectosigmoid, and rectum. As per the analysis, the maximum number of incident cases of CRC are found at the right colon followed by the left colon.
• Age-specific data of CRC suggests that incidence of CRC in the US, was highest in the age group of 65–84 years, followed by 45–64 years and ?85 years.

Key Questions Answered
• What is the disease risk, burden and unmet needs of Metastatic Colorectal Cancer (mCRC)?
• What is the historical Metastatic Colorectal Cancer (mCRC) patient pool in the United States, EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the UK) and Japan?
• What would be the forecasted patient pool of Metastatic Colorectal Cancer (mCRC) at the 7MM level?
• What will be the growth opportunities across the 7MM with respect to the patient population pertaining to Metastatic Colorectal Cancer (mCRC)?
• Out of the above-mentioned countries, which country would have the highest incident population of Metastatic Colorectal Cancer (mCRC)during the forecast period (2020–2030)?
• At what CAGR the population is expected to grow across the 7MM during the forecast period (2020–2030)?

Reasons to buy
The report will help in developing business strategies by understanding trends shaping and driving the Metastatic Colorectal Cancer (mCRC).
To understand the future market competition in the Metastatic Colorectal Cancer (mCRC) market and Insightful review of the key market drivers and barriers.
Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for Metastatic Colorectal Cancer (mCRC) in the US, Europe (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and the United Kingdom) and Japan.
Identification of strong upcoming players in the market will help in devising strategies that will help in getting ahead of competitors.
Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for Metastatic Colorectal Cancer (mCRC) market.
To understand the future market competition in the Metastatic Colorectal Cancer (mCRC)market.

Key Assessments
• Patient Segmentation
• Disease Risk and Burden
• Risk of disease by the segmentation
• Factors driving growth in a specific patient population