Biobanks Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product, By Service (Cold Chain, Lab Processing), By Biospecimen Type, By Biobank Type (Virtual, Physical), By Application, By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2021 - 2028
Biobanks Market Growth & Trends
The global biobanks market size is expected to reach USD 106.9 billion by 2028. The market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 6.2% from 2021 to 2028. Biobanks continue to evolve with the introduction of new technologies such as NGS and increased focus on genomic medicine. The availability of several types of biospecimens to cater to multiple domains including drug discovery, diagnostics, and others has accelerated the diversification of biorepositories, thereby driving the market.
The quality of biospecimens can significantly influence the disease testing as well as preclinical and clinical research.Regulatory agencies have played a vital role in spurring the adoption of biobanking services by establishing guidelines for the effective management of samples.
For instance, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) released guidelines to minimize human hazards while handling COVID-19 samples.
This serves as a model for other biorepositories.Furthermore, as the number of research studies and clinical trials related to COVID-19 is increasing, the demand for high-quality biospecimens is expected to significantly increase in the near future, leading to market growth.
In addition, population-based cohort studies are facilitated by biorepositories to estimate the actual seroprevalence. Health Catalyst, Inc., through its Touchstone platform, provides national data related to COVID-19 insights. Such factors are anticipated to contribute to the revenue flow in this space.
Biobanks Market Report Highlights
• The biobanking equipment segment accounted for the maximum revenue share in 2020 owing to the high cost of instruments coupled with an increase in the number of biorepositories
• The biobanking and repository services segment accounted for the largest revenue share of 36.0% in the market
• This is because of the higher penetration of these services and the increased need for the preservation of biosamples for developing precision medicine and disease-specific research
• Human tissues are the most stored sample for clinical research, resulting in the dominance of this sample type in the market
• The virtual biobanks segment is anticipated to witness the fastest growth rate over the forecast period owing to the growing demand for 3D biospecimens coupled with the need for rare disease data for biomedical research
• The therapeutics application segment accounted for the largest revenue share in 2020 owing to the growing popularity of cell therapies for cancer treatment
• Several pharma/biotech companies have established their private banks to support clinical trials and the development of cell therapies, resulting in revenue growth in this segment
• North America dominated the market with its wide network of centers for biosample storage in the U.S.
• Moreover, a high number of COVID-19 cases in the U.S. and increased R&D programs have resulted in the establishment of new biorepositories, thereby driving the revenue in North America
• In Asia Pacific, the market is anticipated to register the fastest growth owing to the ever-expanding pharmaceuticals and clinical research domain across the Asian countries
• The key players are engaged in expanding their global reach by partnering with global distributors, merger, and acquisition of other players, and entering a strategic alliance with research communities
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
Global Single-Cell Multi-Omics Market to Reach $3,188.9 Million by 2025 Market Report Coverage - Single-Cell Multi-Omics Market Segmentation • Product Type – Consumables, Instruments, and Software • Sample Type – Human Samples, Animal Samples, and Microbial Samples • Omics Type –...
Global Spatial Genomics and Transcriptomics Market to Reach $2,173.0 Million by 2030 Market Report Coverage - Spatial Genomics and Transcriptomics Market Segmentation • Product Type – Kits and Assays, Instruments, Software, and Services • Sample Type – Fresh Frozen Tissues, Fixed Frozen...
The global spatial genomics and transcriptomics market is projected to reach USD 404 million by 2025 from USD 178 million in 2020, at a CAGR of 17.8% during the forecast period. Market growth is largely driven by the increasing adoption of spatial genomics and transcriptomics analysis among small companies and startups, expanding applications...
Spatial Genomics & Transcriptomics Market Report Overview Spatial Genomics & Transcriptomics market size outlook report provides comprehensive coverage of market landscape including strategic growth areas, unique insights, and major trends across Spatial Genomics & Transcriptomics market types and applications. It is a focused study on...
Transcriptomics Market Report Overview Transcriptomics market size outlook report provides comprehensive coverage of market landscape including strategic growth areas, unique insights, and major trends across Transcriptomics market types and applications. It is a focused study on Transcriptomics market space including global and regional...
Transcriptomics Technologies Market Value forecast, New Business Opportunities and Companies: Outlook By Type, Application, By End User and By Country, 2020- 2026 The study predicts the short term and long term trends that can shape up the future of the Transcriptomics Technologies market including the COVID-19 pandemic...
178 pages •
By Global Industry Analysts
• Sep 2020
Global RNA Analysis/Transcriptomics Market to Reach $8.7 Billion by 2027
Amid the COVID-19 crisis, the global market for RNA Analysis/Transcriptomics estimated at US$3.7 Billion in the year 2020, is projected to reach a revised size of US$8.7 Billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 13.1% over the analysis period 2020-2027. Microarray,...
This study covers the world outlook for ribonucleic acid (RNA) analysis and transcriptomics across more than 190 countries. For each year reported, estimates are given for the latent demand, or potential industry earnings (P.I.E.), for the country in question (in millions of U.S. dollars), the percent share the country is of the region, and...
187 pages •
By Global Industry Analysts
• Oct 2019
Transcriptomics market worldwide is projected to grow by US$6 Billion, driven by a compounded growth of 13.9%. Microarray, one of the segments analyzed and sized in this study, displays the potential to grow at over 12.1%. The shifting dynamics supporting this growth makes it critical for businesses in this space to keep abreast of the changing...
Spatial Genomics & Transcriptomics Market Analysis Report By Technology (FISH, In Situ Sequencing), By Product, By End Use (Translational Research, Diagnostics), And Segment Forecasts, 2019 - 2025
The global spatial genomics & transcriptomics market size is expected to reach USD 262.7 million by 2025., exhibiting...
Genomics Proteomics And Enabling Technology
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.