Summary Analysis of destination markets, infrastructure and attractions, as well as risks and opportunities in the Caribbean.This report explores the types of travelers that visit the region as well as a SWOT analysis.
Puerto Rico and Jamaica are looked into in detail.
Key Highlights - In 2020, Cuba was the most visited country in the Caribbean, welcoming 2.9 million visitors.
- Barbados welcomed 231,000 international arrivals in 2020, which was a YOY decrease of 67.4%. Like a number of other Caribbean nations, Barbados is capitalizing on the fact that many people are now working from home and created the ‘Welcome Stamp’. This is a new visa that allows remote workers to spend up to a year in Barbados.
- When assessing Caribbean destinations against Butler’s ‘Tourism destination life-cycle’ framework, a number of destinations are still at the ‘exploring’ or ‘involvement’ stage, such as Dominica, St. Kitts, Grenada and Antigua and Barbuda. ‘Exploring’ is where a few adventurous travelers are looking for something different in a holiday, finding a place that is special in terms of its culture, natural beauty, history or landscape. ‘Involvement’ is where local people start to notice that there are increasing numbers of people coming to their local area. As a result, they start businesses to provide accommodation, food, guides, and transport for the relatively small increase in travelers.
Scope - This report is part of Destination Market Insights Series. These reports provide an in-depth analysis of a tourist destination and its key source markets, as well as an assessment of the trends and issues in the covered destniantion market, in this case the Caribbean.
Reasons to Buy - Obtain a clear and detailed insight into new developments in a highly popular tourist destination.
- Use data and analysis to explore future trends related to international arrivals, airlines, niche tourism, and hotel developments.
- Gain a strong understanding of the opportunities in the market, as well as the risks, to support better business decisions.
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
229 pages •
By Global Industry Analysts
• Apr 2021
- With Nobody Flying & With Airlines Cutting Down Over 90% of Flight Capacity, Travel Technologies Stares at a Massive -35.1% Slump in Revenues
- The global market for Travel Technologies is expected to slump by a heavy -35.1% in the year 2020 and thereafter stage a slow and uncertain recovery to reach US$13.6...
The helicopter tourism market was valued at US$ 745 million in 2020 and is projected to reach US$ 1014.9 million by 2028; it is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% from 2021 to 2028. The tourism industry has spurred stupendously over the years and is at a constant rise.The demand for tourism among every class of society has led to the...
Domestic Tourism Recovery - Case Study
This case study looks at the impact COVID-19 has had on domestic tourism and assesses its recovery prospects. It analyzes what destinations are doing to drive domestic travel and looks at what is driving a projected surge in this type of travel.
Tourism Source Market Insight - Russia (2021)
"Tourism Source Market Insight - Russia (2021)" report provides a thorough insight into Russia’s domestic and outbound tourism market. The report looks at the profiles of Russian tourists and summarizes the key reasons that they travel. The...
Analyzing Commercial Impact of UEFA Euro 2020 Tournament Postponement Summary This report analyses the commercial impact of the UEFA Euro 2020 tournament, postponed by 12 months to 2021 in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Detailed analysis of the business of the UEFA Euro 2020 tournament,...
Tourism Destination Market Insight - ASEAN (2021) Summary Analysis of destination markets, infrastructure and attractions, as well as risks and opportunities in the ASEAN region.This report explores the types of travelers that visit the region as well as a SWOT analysis. Cambodia, Vietnam...
Overtourism - Thematic Research Summary Overtourism is essentially overconsumption of resources.The common conception of this theme has been that it only affects well-known mass tourism destinations experiencing large crowds of inbound tourists. Per contra, it can affect any destination of...
Sports Tourism - Thematic Research
A thematic look at the current sports tourism industry.
A thorough analysis of the current sports tourism industry, and a look at its potential future.
Impact of COVID-19 on sports tourism, large event case studies, key industry trends,...
Tourism Source Market Insight - Spain (2021)
Tourism Source Market Insight - Spain (2021) report provides a thorough insight into Spain’s domestic and outbound tourism market.The report looks at the profiles of Spanish tourists and summarizes the key reasons that they travel.
Tourism Source Market Insight - Mexico (2021) Summary Tourism Source Market Insight - Mexico (2021) report provides a thorough insight into Mexico’s domestic and outbound tourism market.The report looks at the profiles of Mexican tourists and summarizes the key reasons that they travel. The...
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.