‘Thrombocytopenia—Epidemiology Forecast–2030’ report delivers an in-depth understanding of the disease, historical and forecasted Thrombocytopenia epidemiology in the United States, EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and United Kingdom), and Japan.
Thrombocytopenia is a condition in which the blood has a lower than a normal number of blood cell fragments called platelets. Platelets are made in the bone marrow along with other kinds of blood cells. They travel through the blood vessels and stick together (clot) to stop any bleeding that may happen if a blood vessel is damaged. Platelets also are called thrombocytes because a clot also is called a thrombus. When a patient’s blood has too few platelets, mild to serious bleeding can occur. Bleeding can occur inside the body (internal bleeding) or underneath the skin, or from the skin’s surface (external bleeding). A normal platelet count in adults ranges from 150,000 to 450,000 platelets/?L of blood. A platelet count of fewer than 150,000 platelets/?L is lower than normal. If the blood platelet count falls below normal, the patient has thrombocytopenia. However, the risk for serious bleeding does not occur until the count becomes very low—less than 10,000 or 20,000 platelets/?L. Mild bleeding sometimes occurs when the count is less than 50,000 platelets per microliter.
Many factors can cause thrombocytopenia (a low platelet count). The condition can be inherited or acquired. “Inherited” means parents pass the gene for the condition to the patient. “Acquired” means the patients are not born with the condition, but they develop it. Sometimes the cause of thrombocytopenia is not known.
Thrombocytopenia Epidemiology Perspective The disease epidemiology covered in the report provides historical as well as forecasted epidemiology segmented by Prevalent Cases of Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura (TTP), Prevalent Cases of Immune Thrombocytopenia (ITP), Prevalent Cases of Thrombocytopenia in Chronic Liver Disease, Incident Cases of Chemotherapy-induced Thrombocytopenia, Number of Cases of Heparin-induced Thrombocytopenia and Total Cases of Thrombocytopenia scenario of Thrombocytopenia in the 7MM covering the United States, EU5 countries (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and United Kingdom), and Japan from 2018 to 2030.
• As per the analysis, the total number of cases of Thrombocytopenia in the 7MM was 1,653,934 in 2020. These cases of Thrombocytopenia in the 7MM are expected to increase throughout the study period i.e. 2018–2030, with CAGR of 0.66% for the study period 2018–2030.
• As per the analysis, the United States accounted for the highest number of Thrombocytopenia cases among the 7MM. The total number of Thrombocytopenia cases in the US was estimated to be 467,078 in 2020.
• In 2020, the prevalent population of Thrombotic Thrombocytopenia in the United States was 6,002 which are expected to rise with the CAGR of 0.79% for the study period 2018–2030.
• In 2020, there were 66,708 prevalent cases of Immune thrombocytopenia (ITP) in the United States.
• Germany ranked second-highest for Thrombocytopenia cases among 7MM. In 2020, Germany had 325,202 Thrombocytopenia cases.
• Among the European 5 countries, Germany had the highest cases of Thrombocytopenia with 325,202 cases, followed by the United Kingdom and Spain, with 230,597 cases and 182,796 cases, respectively. On the other hand, Italy had the lowest cases, i.e., 102,933 in 2020.
• As per the analysis, Japan accounted for the fourth-highest number of Thrombocytopenia cases among the 7MM. The total number of Thrombocytopenia cases in Japan was estimated to be 219,017 in 2020.
Scope of the Report • The report covers the descriptive overview of Thrombocytopenia, explaining its causes, symptoms, and diagnosis.
• The report provides insight into the 7MM historical and forecasted patient pool covering the United States, EU5 countries (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom), and Japan.
• The report assesses the disease risk and burden.
• The report provides the segmentation of the disease epidemiology for 7MM by Prevalent Cases of Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura (TTP), Prevalent Cases of Immune Thrombocytopenia (ITP), Prevalent Cases of Thrombocytopenia in Chronic Liver Disease, Incident Cases of Chemotherapy-induced Thrombocytopenia, Number of Cases of Heparin-induced Thrombocytopenia, and Total Cases of Thrombocytopenia.
Report Highlights • 10-Year Forecast of Thrombocytopenia
• 7MM Coverage
• Prevalent Cases of Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura (TTP)
• Prevalent Cases of Immune Thrombocytopenia (ITP)
• Prevalent Cases of Thrombocytopenia in Chronic Liver Disease
• Incident Cases of Chemotherapy-induced Thrombocytopenia
• Number of Cases of Heparin-induced Thrombocytopenia
• Total Cases of Thrombocytopenia
Key Questions Answered • What are the disease risk, burden, and unmet needs of Thrombocytopenia?
• What is the historical Thrombocytopenia patient pool in the United States, EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the UK), and Japan?
• What would be the forecasted patient pool of Thrombocytopenia at the 7MM level?
• What will be the growth opportunities across the 7MM with respect to the patient population pertaining to Thrombocytopenia?
• Out of the countries mentioned above, which country would have the highest patient population of Thrombocytopenia during the forecast period (2021–2030)?
• At what CAGR the population is expected to grow across the 7MM during the forecast period (2021–2030)?
Reasons to buy The Thrombocytopenia report will allow the user to -
• Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the 7MM Thrombocytopenia market.
• Quantify patient populations in the 7MM Thrombocytopenia market to improve product design, pricing, and launch plans.
• Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the specific type of Thrombocytopenia that presents the best opportunities for Thrombocytopenia therapeutics in each of the markets covered.
• The Thrombocytopenia epidemiology report and model were written and developed by Masters and PhD level epidemiologists.
• The Thrombocytopenia epidemiology model developed is easy to navigate, interactive with dashboards, and epidemiology based on transparent and consistent methodologies. Moreover, the model supports data presented in the report and showcases disease trends over the 10-year forecast period using reputable sources.
Key Assessments • Patient Segmentation
• Disease Risk and Burden
• Risk of disease by the segmentation
• Factors driving growth in a specific patient population
Geographies Covered • The United States
• EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom)
Study Period: 2018–2030
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
200 pages •
By The Business Research Company
• Mar 2021
Major players in the ultra-low temperature freezers market are Arctiko, Eppendorf, Esco Micro Pte Ltd, Haier, Helmer Scientific, Bionics Scientific Technologies (P). Ltd, PHC Holdings Corporation, Labcold Ltd, Remi Group, and Stirling Ultracold. The global ultra-low temperature freezers market is expected to decline from $633.94 million...
Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2029
Pulmonary arterial hypertension is a rare, fatal cardiopulmonary disease with an annual mortality rate around 10%.The disease is a subset (Group 1) within the World Health Organization’s (WHO’s) classification...
Transforming Growth Factor Beta 1 - Pipeline Review, H2 2020
Transforming Growth Factor Beta 1 (TGFB1) - Transforming growth factor beta 1 (TGF-?1) is a polypeptide member of the transforming growth factor beta superfamily of cytokines encoded by the TGFB1 gene. It plays an important role...
Impact of COVID-19 on the Top Five European Soccer Leagues
Analysis of the impact COVID-19 has had on the top five European Soccer leagues
Economic analysis on the cost of postponing domestic cup fixtures, including ticket prices and estimated losses.
Anatomic pathology track and trace solutions market projected to grow at a CAGR of 10.4% The anatomic pathology track and trace solutions market is projected to reach USD 695.7 million by 2023 from USD 424.2 million in 2018, at a CAGR of 10.4% from 2018 to 2023. The increasing volume of diagnostic tests performed in anatomic...
Sonic Healthcare Limited - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report Summary Marketline’s Sonic Healthcare Limited Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments report includes business description, detailed reports on mergers and acquisitions...
83 pages •
By Transparency Market Research
• Sep 2015
Medical cameras and microscopes are widely used in surgical and pathological applications. Increase in the geriatric population across the globe and prevalence of diseases among them have led to a rise in the medical procedures performed. The pathological microscopes segment is driven by increase in demand in diagnostic labs and physician...
Opportunity Analyzer: Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis - Opportunity Analysis and Forecast to 2025 Summary The IPF therapeutic market is currently dominated by the only two drugs that have gained marketing approval for IPF - Roche’s Esbriet and Boehringer Ingelheim’s Ofev. Esbriet was the first drug to gain approval...
The global thermal interface materials market is expected to reach USD 3.59 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Thermal interface materials are expected to witness substantial gains over the forecast period on account of their increasing usage in automotive, medical and consumer goods applications. Growing...
A fluid management system is used to balance body fluid in order to prevent complications associated with undesired levels of fluid in the body. Additionally, today is also used in diagnosis of critical medical conditions relatively early. Fluid management systems perform functions such as fluid irrigation, fluid warming, fluid filtration,...
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.