Summary In 2021, the major themes impacting the retail sector will be: COVID-19, mobile, sustainability, ecommerce, digital media, strategic partnerships, virtual and augmented reality, big data, smart supply chain, artificial intelligence, Internet of Things, ambient commerce, the future of work, demographics, customer loyalty, cybersecurity, geopolitics, personalization, robotics, and health and wellness.
In this report, we identify the top 20 themes that will impact the retail sector in 2021. For each theme, we offer a series of predictions, identify winners and losers, and point you to further reading.
Key Highlights - COVID-19 will have long-lasting impacts on retail in 2021 and beyond as consumers will be polarized in terms of their financial positions. Those who were still employed throughout the pandemic and saved money on not commuting or going on holiday will have more disposable income to spend on retail and leisure when restrictions are lifted.
- As consumers increasingly spend more time on mobiles, and functionality and continually develops, the use of mobile for retail browsing and purchase will catch-up with, and possibly overtake, laptops or computers.
- Sustainability was set to be the most important theme in 2020, and though COVID-19 created a distraction when the pandemic was at its height and retailers had to react quickly, consumer demand for retailers to introduce more sustainable options and offer greater transparency on the ethics of their practices did not wane.
- The global ecommerce market grew from $399bn in 2010 to $2.2 trillion in 2020, According to the analyst. Key to this growth has been the spread of the internet, with the number of users worldwide increasing from 847 million in 2010 to 4.5 billion in 2020.
Scope - The analyst breaks down the top 20 themes impacting the retail sector in 2021.
Reasons to Buy - Themes are disruptive, so it’s easy to be blindsided by industry outsiders who invade your sector. Understanding the themes ecosystem will get you ahead of the curve.
- Understand the themes emerging in 2021, allowing you to grasp a wider view of changes in consumer behaviour and how it will impact your markets.
- Explore how emerging themes in apparel are allowing industry leaders to evolve, so you can better position yourself for long-term success.
- An easy-to-use framework for tracking themes across all companies in all sectors
- Companies who invest in the right themes become success stories; those who miss the big themes end up as failures.
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
Tech, Media and Telecom (TMT) Predictions 2021 - Thematic Research
In this report, we identify the top 30 themes that will impact the technology, media, and telecoms (TMT) sector in 2021. For each theme, we offer a series of predictions, identify winners and losers, and point you to further...
Future of Work in Consumer - Thematic Research Summary This report provides an overview of how FMCG companies are adapting for the future of work.It looks at how particular technologies have been implemented, and how popular their uptake has been. Furthermore, it assesses the impact that COVID-19...
Unilever Plc - Enterprise Tech Ecosystem Series
Launched in May 2014 in partnership with R/GA London, the Unilever Foundry is an in-house innovation program to assist Unilever in building strategic partnerships with potential and scalable startups.
In November 2017, Unilever Ventures,...
Walmart - Enterprise Tech Ecosystem Series
Walmart began its e-commerce initiative in 2000 when it created walmart.com and samsclub.com, and has been expanding its digital presence since then.
Since 2015, Walmart has partnered with several tech companies, including leaders to...
Anheuser-Busch InBev - Enterprise Tech Ecosystem Series
AB InBev has established a robust infrastructure of in-house research and development (R&D) facilities, technology ventures, and incubators. The company leverages these facilities to stay updated of latest industry innovations by...
58 pages •
By Euromonitor International
• Dec 2020
Consumer engagement, retention, loyalty and trust begins pre-trip, builds in-trip and ends post-trip, to start again in a constant cycle. Without adopting digital innovation and a digital-first mindset, travel brands will be destined to fail in their engagement and relationship with consumers. Taking a holistic view of the traveller journey...
The Future of Work - Thematic Research
The world of work is in a state of flux.Technology is fundamentally transforming the way we work, fueling excitement but also anxiety.
A prolonged decline in overall employment is unlikely, but society will have to adapt to significant structural...
142 pages •
By Infiniti Research Limited
• Nov 2019
Global Load Monitoring System Market: About this market
This load monitoring system market analysis considers sales from the load cell, indicator and controller, and data logging software products. Our study also finds the sales of load monitoring systems in APAC, Europe, MEA, North America, and South America. In 2019,...
The Digital Transformation In Manufacturing Market is expected to register a CAGR of over 15.59% during the forecast period 2019 - 2024. With the advent of industry 4.0 in the manufacturing industry, various plants are fostering digital technologies to enhance, automate, and modernize the whole process.
Enterprise Tech Ecosystem Series - Carrefour S.A. Summary Carrefour S.A. (Carrefour) is a global consumer goods retailer. The company operates multi-format and omni-channel retail platforms. It operates through a network of hypermarkets, supermarkets, convenience stores, and cash and carry stores...
Supply Chain Management
Online Retail Sales
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.