Our global team of analysts and consultants continuously research a wide range of industries across the globe. The primary and secondary analysis spans the entire value chain, identifying organizations that consistently develop new growth strategies based on a visionary understanding of the future and a proven ability to effectively address emerging challenges and opportunities.
The research and analysis is the foundation of the radar, a robust analytical tool that benchmarks companies’ innovation focus and growth performance in a given market. The dynamic solution offers frequent rating and positioning of companies that are agitating, contending or revolutionizing the industry.This radar covers the global market for personal cloud meetings and team collaboration services. Revenues analyzed as part of the growth index represent sales of public, multi-tenant cloud meetings and team collaboration services as offered by the original service provider and do not include sales of third-party solutions. Revenues include stand-alone cloud meetings, stand-alone team collaboration or combined cloud meetings/team collaboration services. Revenue estimations exclude any workload component not directly related to the cloud meetings and team collaboration functionality (e.g. telephony, productivity apps, CRM, contact center, etc.).Cloud Meetings ServicesThese services blend cloud video conferencing with content sharing for informal and formal meetings. The video bridging infrastructure (bridges/multipoint control units/gateways, etc.) and associated software reside in the service provider cloud environment, and are owned and operated by the service provider. Typical cloud meetings include the following features: presentation, application, screen, and file sharing; point-to-point and multi-point video meetings, among users and rooms; public and private chat; join via mobile, browser, and desktop options; white boarding and annotation; polls and surveys; recording and archiving; integrated audio options; and broadcasting. New features and capabilities include high definition (HD) video, voice, and content; adaptive or intelligent audio; personal video image improvements (background and foreground manipulations); video auto framing and people detection/people count; virtual assistants; real-time and non-real time captions and transcriptions; meeting analytics; dynamic display control (e.g., gallery and active speaker view, shared content view, etc.); live reactions; and enhanced security and availability, among others.This research includes revenues from webinars and webcasting services when offered by cloud meeting providers, as well as all audio conferencing when tightly integrated with cloud meetings. The research only includes cloud meetings services that are multi-tenant, excluding all on-premises and dedicated private cloud services, as well as sales of software/media servers sold to service providers. This study also includes revenues of cloud meetings SDKs for providers offering video-enabling services as part of their cloud meeting service offering. The study excludes revenues from stand-alone audio conferencing services and any rooms-related cloud meetings license and revenues (e.g., rooms-as-a-service or RaaS, and video-conferencing-as-a-service or VCaaS offerings that run on rooms’ hardware). Meeting room-related licenses and revenues are covered in other This research studies. The inclusion criteria for cloud meetings in this study consist of:
• Support for desktop sharing and multi-party video feeds
• Support for at least 50 individual participants
• Support for integrated VoIP audio
• Support for mobility Team Collaboration ServicesThese services are workflow-focused software communications and collaboration applications that support persistent exchange of information among team members. Team collaboration services typically deliver several key benefits, including: superior user experience in comparison to traditional point-product software communications and collaboration graphical user interfaces (GUIs); persistent team spaces for contextual information sharing; integration of real-time with non-real-time communications; continuous agile feature updates delivered from the cloud; gamification elements; and access to functionality and information at anytime from anywhere. Today, persistent team collaboration services have transformed into one of the most popular interfaces for communications and collaboration in the business space. In this research, the analyst focuses on team collaboration services that offer business-grade real-time communications capabilities such as the escalation of text sessions to voice and video communications. The inclusion criteria for team collaboration service providers consist of:
• Support for persistent chat rooms (channels) that can be organized by topics, groups, or messages
• Support for two-way video and audio
• Support for file sharing
• Support for reliable search functionality
• Support for mobility
• Integration with third-party applicationsIn 2020, the global cloud meetings and team collaboration service market is expected to at least double its size in revenue, reaching $11.43 Billion, and increase 2.7x in installed paid licenses to 201.5 million.COVID-19 pandemic and new WFH realities have set unprecedented levels of demand for cloud meetings and team collaboration services.Major cloud meeting providers have reported 3x-4x growth in usage in the months since the pandemic’s onset. The same applies to team collaboration providers, adding millions of daily active users during the pandemic.In terms of innovation, years of digital transformation have been squeezed into just a few months to cater to the demand of hundreds of millions of individuals working from home and distance learning. With the number of post-pandemic WFH individuals estimated to settle at 4.5x the pre-pandemic levels, remote work will no longer be considered a privilege. Technology is ripe for disruptive innovation with the objective of elevating the user experience and addressing user behavior challenges. From a market of 60+ providers of cloud meetings and team collaboraiton providers, The analyst has analyzed 20 of the most prominent providers in the space, including: Adobe, Amazon Web Services, Avaya, BlueJeans by Verizon, CafeX Communications, Cisco, Enghouse Systems, Facebook, Google, Lifesize, LogMeIn, Microsoft, Pexip, PGi, Slack, StarLeaf, Symphony Communications, TrueConf, Zoho, and Zoom.
Author: Alaa Saayed
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
The global VaaS market size is expected to grow from USD 3.8 billion in 2020 to USD 6.2 billion by 2026, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 8.7% during the forecast period. Organizations are spending more towards adoption of cloud services due to improved communication among various departments and clients. The increasing number of...
The enterprise video market is expected to grow from USD 16.4 billion in 2020 to USD 25.6 billion by 2025, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 9.3% during the forecast period. The enterprise video market is driven by various factors, such as rising internet penetration and growing demand for video streaming along with the increasing...
227 pages •
By Global Industry Analysts
• Apr 2021
- Global Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) Market to Reach $114.5 Billion by 2027
- Amid the COVID-19 crisis, the global market for Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) estimated at US$31 Billion in the year 2020, is projected to reach a revised size of US$114.5 Billion by 2027, growing...
Global Enterprise Communication and Collaboration Market Outlook to 2024 Summary Global Enterprise Communication and Collaboration Market Outlook to 2024 analyses the current trends, drivers and challenges impacting the enterprise communication & collaboration market.The report also presents GlobalData’...
The Global Hosted PBX Market is poised to grow strong during the forecast period 2018 to 2028.
Some of the prominent trends that the market is witnessing are the trend toward VoIP service continues, cloud hosted PBX offers greater business continuity, UC becomes part of the digital workspace and growth opportunities/investment...
This IDC study aggregates segments of key technology market forecasts that make up the worldwide unified communications and collaboration (UC&C) ecosystem. The segments that have been aggregated for this study represent IDC's estimates on customer usage of UC&C technologies, instead of a total available market estimate for all technologies...
The North America Digital Workplace Market would witness market growth of 20.1% CAGR during the forecast period (2020-2026). North America is the most developed market for emerging technologies and services in the workplace. Since the region is home to a vast range of businesses and has a variety of technological knowledge, innovative...
This IDC study provides vendor market shares for the worldwide IP PBX market for 2019."In 2019, total IP phone shipments and IP phone revenue were both down year over year. But we've seen that both of those phone metrics can vary up or down from quarter to quarter," according to Rich Costello, IDC senior research analyst, UC&C. "Although...
The Latin America, Middle East and Africa Digital Workplace Market would witness market growth of 24.4% CAGR during the forecast period (2020-2026). Digital workplaces have been one of the major trends in business enterprises where workers are involved in their jobs through the use of innovative digital technology. In recent years,...
The Europe Digital Workplace Market would witness market growth of 20.7% CAGR during the forecast period (2020-2026). The demand for remote work continues to grow, powered by global globalization, environmental issues and rising real estate costs. Digital workplaces will increasingly be accessible from any device in any location. Employees...
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.