Global Industrial Microbiology Market: Focus on Products, Applications, End Users, Country Data (13 Countries), and Competitive Landscape - Analysis and Forecast, 2020-2030
- March 2021 •
- 253 pages •
- Report ID: 6034126 •
- Format: PDF
Global Industrial Microbiology Market to Reach $13.18 Billion by 2030
Market Report Coverage - Industrial Microbiology
• Product Type – Consumables(Media, Rapid Detection Assays, Reagents and Supplements, Accessories), Equipment and Systems(Filtration Systems, Microbial Detection Systems, Incubators and Culture Systems, Air Monitoring Systems, Sterilization Systems, Others)
• By Application - Pharmaceutical Industry, Food and Beverage Industry, Cosmetic Industry, Water Industry, Biotechnology Industry, Other Industries
• By End User - Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical Companies, Commercial Quality Assurance, Food and Beverage Companies, Research Institutions, Regulatory and Environmental Agencies, Other Industrial End Users
• North America – U.S., Canada
• Europe – Germany, France, U.K., Italy, Spain, and Rest-of-Europe
• Asia-Pacific – China, Japan, India, Australia, and Rest-of-Asia-Pacific (RoAPAC)
• Latin America – Brazil, Mexico, and Rest-of-the-Latin America
• Growing research and development activity in different industry
• Technological advancements for commercial quality assurance
• Growing demand for safety in food and pharmaceutical industry triggers the market growth
• Dearth of skilled professional in industrial microbiology laboratories
• High cost of industrial microbiology process
• Growing demand for innovative analytic techniques
• Technological advancement in real-time environment monitoring
Key Companies Profiled
3M Company, Becton, Dickinson and Company, Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc., bioMérieux SA, Charles River Laboratories International, Inc., Danaher Corporation, Eppendorf AG, HiMedia Laboratories, Hy Laboratories Ltd, Merck KGaA, Novamed, QIAGEN N.V., Sartorius AG, Solenis, Sysmex Corporation, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Key Questions Answered in this Report:
• What is industrial microbiology?
• How did the industrial microbiology market evolve, and what is its scope in the future?
• What are the major market drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global industrial microbiology market?
• What are the key developmental strategies that are being implemented by the key players to sustain this market?
• What is the patent landscape of this market? What will be the impact of patent expiry on this market?
• What is the impact of COVID-19 on this market?
• What are the guidelines implemented by different government bodies to regulate the approval of products to be used in industrial microbiology?
• How is industrial microbiology being utilized for the development of therapeutics?
• How will the investments by public and private companies and government organizations affect the global industrial microbiology market?
• What was the market size of the leading segments and sub-segments of the global industrial microbiology market in 2019?
• How will the industry evolve during the forecast period 2020-2030?
• What will be the growth rate of the industrial microbiology market during the forecast period?
• How will each of the segments of the global industrial microbiology market grow during the forecast period, and what will be the revenue generated by each of the segments by the end of 2030?
• Which product segment and application segment are expected to register the highest CAGR for the global industrial microbiology market?
• What are the major benefits of the implementation of industrial microbiology strategies in different field of applications including pharmaceutical industry, food and beverage industry, cosmetic industry, water industry, biotechnology Industry and other industry?
• What is the market size of the industrial microbiology market in different countries of the world?
• Which geographical region is expected to contribute to the highest sales of industrial microbiology market?
• What are the regulatory and biosafety framework for the industrial microbiology market in different regions?
• What are the key strategies incorporated by the players of global industrial microbiology market to sustain the competition and retain their supremacy?
The capability of genetically engineered cells to make new products revolutionized the processes of industrial microbiology.Techniques like gene mounting and genetic engineering have helped the fermentation industry with enhanced productivity.
The use of bioprocesses helped the industries to deliver fine-quality products. The application of industrial microbiology is currently expanding in areas such as therapeutics, diagnostics, environmental protection, mineral recovery, and agriculture, apart from its traditional application in the food and beverage industry.
The global industrial microbiology market was valued to be $5,604.2 million in 2019 and is expected to reach $13,181.2 million by 2030, witnessing a CAGR of 8.36% during the forecast period 2020-2030. The market growth can mainly be attributed to the growing research in the field of industrial microbiology, increasing awareness among researchers about new strains of microorganisms, rise in preference toward consumer products, increase in research and development as well as collaborations in pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries, and use of rapid sterility testing methods for pathogen detection.
The global industrial microbiology market has witnessed high growth in the last decade. The increase in demand for industrial microbiology products can largely be attributed to factors such as increase in the significance of industrial food and safety, growing awareness among researchers about new strains of microorganisms, increasing demand for pathogen testing in food products, growing research initiatives in different fields of industrial microbiology, increasing automation in products, and rising number of collaborations among companies.
Furthermore, the companies are investing huge amount toward innovations of industrial microbiology products.Key strategies followed by the companies include new product launches and mergers and acquisitions for geographical expansion and strengthening of product portfolios.
For instance, in February 2019, bioMerieux SA acquired Invisible Sentinel, a U.S.-based company specialized in food and beverage molecular testing, to add the VERIFLOW platform to its industrial microbiology product portfolio. It is an innovative molecular biology solution for the detection of pathogens and spoilage organisms in food and beverages, wine and beer.
Within the research report, the market is segmented based on product type, application, end-user, and region. Each of these segments covers the snapshot of the market over the projected years, the inclination of the market revenue, underlying patterns, and trends by using analytics on the primary and secondary data obtained.
The global industrial microbiology market is currently dominated by Thermo Fisher Scientific, followed by bioMérieux SA. The market dominance of Thermo Fisher Scientific can be attributed to a large product portfolio for automated microbial detection systems. bioMérieux SA held the second largest market share in the industrial microbiology market, attributed to its significant contribution in the field. The company offers a wide range of products to be utilized for industrial procedures in the biopharmaceutical, food and beverages, and water industry. Merck KGaA holds the third largest share, owing to its diverse range of product offerings in consumables (including media, detection kits, and accessories) and detection systems. Other prominent players, namely, 3M, BD, Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc., bioMérieux SA, Charles River Laboratories International, Inc., Pall/Danaher Corporation, Merck KGaA, and Eppendorf, collectively hold a large market share of the total global industrial microbiology market in 2019.
Based on region, North America is the leading contributor to the industrial microbiology market in terms of revenue.The fields such as commercial quality assurance and biotechnology & pharmaceutical companies are expected to progress at significant rates, and the substantial investments made in these fields are consequentially promoting the growth of the North America industrial microbiology market.
However, the Asia-Pacific and Europe regions, constituting several emerging companies contributing to industrial microbiology, are expected to register the high CAGR during the forecast period of 2020-2030.
• North America
• Latin America
• Rest-of-Latin America