5G Consumer Commercial Use Cases Update and Telco Go-To-Market Strategies
Summary ”5G Consumer Commercial Use Cases Update and Telco Go-To-Market Strategies”, a global outlook report , provides a status update on commercially-deployed consumer 5G use cases globally, focusing on 5G FWA and 5G eMBB. It also outlines the go-to-market strategies that telcos have adopted for their commercial 5G offers in terms of available plans, pricing, bundling and positioning.
Commercial 5G launches started in late 2018, building up momentum since April 2019 with a focus on two main use cases - 5G FWA & 5G eMBB.
The report is structured as follows -
- Section 1: Introduction - 5G use cases; a snapshot of the different use cases enabled by 5G and a status update on the ones that have already been commercially launched.
- Section 2: 5G commercial use cases, deployment drivers, & service provider activity - FWA & eMBB; this section analyzes specifically the key characteristics and deployment drivers of 5G FWA & 5G eMBB. It then maps the key commercial 5G launches globally and provides an update of service providers’ commercial activity in the 5G eMBB and 5G FWA spaces.
- Section 3: Telco 5G commercial go-to-market strategies across eMBB & FWA; focuses on telcos’ 5G go-to-market strategies analysing telcos’ commercial 5G tariffs, pricing strategies and VAS bundling approaches for 5G eMBB and 5G FWA.
- Section 4: Key findings and recommendations; we conclude the report with a set of key findings and recommendations for telecom operators to consider in their 5G go-to-market strategies.
Scope - eMBB and FWA are the first use cases for 5G. More advanced use cases will appear in markets where coverage is widespread, a large number of consumers have 5G smartphones and data speeds and latency are clearly superior to existing LTE networks.
- Worldwide, 44 of the 120 commercial 5G operators have announced FWA services, according to the Global Suppliers Association. 5G eMBB services are now available in most regions globally.
- In some more mature 5G markets, such as South Korea, operators have moved to incorporate advanced applications such as AR/VR. 5G is also coming to fruition as the world faces a widespread pandemic that leaves users at home and away from entertainment and sporting events. Some 5G operators have jumped in to fill the gap with 5G-based applications and services.
Reasons to Buy - This global outlook report provides an examination of 5G eMBB and 5G FWA macro and deployment trends to help telecom operators harness the technology and related monetization levers to capture new revenue streams. The market is past pricing innovation. It is now in the early throws of developing 5G-focused services and applications.
- The report’s objective is to help inform global industry executives’ decision-making process on 5G use cases’ deployment and on 5G eMBB & FWA commercial go-to-market strategies.
- The analysis of six commercial 5G plans across eMBB and FWA illustrate the findings of the report, providing best practices and insights into telecom operators’ positioning strategies.
- The report is designed for an executive-level audience, helping industry leaders gain knowledge into peer telcos’ commercialized 5G propositions in order to effectively craft their 5G go-to-market & monetization strategies.
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
The 5G enterprise market is expected to grow from USD 2.1 billion in 2021 to USD 10.9 billion by 2027, at a CAGR of 31.8%. A few major factors driving the growth of this market are the emergence of Industry 4.0 paving the way for mMTC, the development of smart infrastructure, and the delivery of differentiated 5G services using network slicing...
5G market in the aviation sector is expected to register a healthy CAGR of over 7.7% during the forecast period (2021 - 2026). 5G technology is starting to appear in a few cities and on a few consumer devices, and the phrase itself is stirring up excitement across aviation industries. - The fifth-generation cellular network standard...
This IDC study examines key developments from U.S. 5G deployments in 2020, along with announced 5G commercialization efforts for 2021 and industrywide regulatory impacts (i.e., mid-band spectrum auctions) through both the consumer and business customer lenses. It also looks at the evolving 5G competitive landscape resulting from the completion...
The 5G connections market has been growing at a CAGR of 28% during the forecast period (2021-2026). 5G will transform the future, and companies have already spent billions to set up their networks and to fund new technologies that can use it. Some companies like T-Mobile are claiming to have successfully managed to pull off 5G on the old 4G...
The LTE and 5G broadcast market is estimated to be worth USD 642 million in 2021 and projected to reach USD 1,072 million by 2026, at a CAGR of 10.8%. The increasing LTE and 5G mobile subscribers with surging penetration of smartphones, growing popularity of on-demand content and seamless mobile data services and growing need for massive connectivity...
The global 5G IoT market size is projected to grow from USD 2.6 billion in 2021 to USD 40.2 billion by 2026, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 73.0% during the forecast period. The growth of this market can be attributed to the growing demand for new emerging use cases, such as smart grid, telemedicine, connected cars, and industrial...
The global utility communication market size is projected to grow from an estimated USD 18.7 billion in 2021 to USD 23.2 billion by 2026, at a CAGR of 4.4% from 2021 to 2026. The key drivers for the utility communication market include growing investment in smart grids modernization of electricity networks; focus on improving grid reliability,...
175 pages •
By The Business Research Company
• May 2021
Major players in the cellular or mobile telephone services market are AT&T Inc., Verizon, Deutsche Telekom, Vodafone, China Mobile Limited, Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation, SoftBank Corp, IBM, Cisco, and Alcatel-Lucent. The global cellular/mobile telephone services market is expected to grow from $187.01 billion in 2020 to...
167 pages •
By Paul Budde Communication Pty Ltd
• Mar 2021
South Pacific Islands benefiting from improved international telecoms infrastructure The demand for data-based services in the Pacific region is growing, aligning with similar trends around the world. In particular, the demand for mobile broadband is increasing due to mobile services being the primary and most...
The global 5G Services market size is expected to grow from USD 53.0 billion in 2020 to USD 249.2 billion by 2026, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 29.4% during the forecast period. The transformation to the 5G ecosystem is expected to witness 3–4 times faster growth rate than other connectivity transformations. This is primarily...
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.