The material handling leasing and financing market was valued at USD 44.63 billion in 2020 and is expected to reach USD 56.61 billion by 2026 registering a CAGR of 4.1% during the forecast period(2021 - 2026).
- While the year 2018 registered a healthy performance in various markets, the same was reflected in the equipment leasing and financing market. According to the Equipment Leasing and Financing Association (ELFA), the equipment and software investment expanded by 7.9% in 2018, marking the strongest annual growth since 2012. - Additionally, the trade war, which has a significant impact on the prices of industrial goods, may eventually weaken the purchasing power of consumers and small businesses. Thus, this may open new opportunities for the leasing and financing companies. - Reasons, such as technological advancements and avoiding obsolescence, are likely to become top priorities of capital spending in the region, which again leads to the emergence of leasing and other financing options as more viable solutions instead of buying. - Moreover, the government-imposed tariffs on Chinese goods worth around USD 60 billion, belonging to the aerospace, information and communication technology, and machinery industries, among others, had a ripple effect on the entire material handling equipment supply chain.
Key Market Trends Small and New Businesses to Drive the Market Growth
- According to the National Retail Federation(NRF), US retail sales are expected to rise between 3.8% and 4.4% to more than USD 3.8 trillion in 2019. With such high activities expected in the next few years in the US e-commerce and warehousing markets, the country may provide significant scope for material handling equipment. - Additionally, the trade war, which has a significant impact on the prices of industrial goods, may eventually weaken the purchasing power of consumers and small businesses. Thus, this may open new opportunities for the leasing and financing companies. - The estimates validated by the study conducted on ELFA members indicated that of all the material investments made by new businesses in 2018, 5% was for manufacturing/industrial equipment and 4% was material handling related. - Small and new businesses, which form a considerable portion of businesses involved in leasing and financing activities, registered an all-time high in 2018, owing to reasons, such as changes in economic policies, tax cuts, and regulatory reforms. However, with many small business owners being squeezed by the already tight labor market in the United States, the opportunity to grow in the market came by choosing different financing options.
Increase in the Number of Warehouses to Drive the Market Growth
- During 2016-2017, the surging demand in online shopping has led to a shortage of warehouses in the United States. According to the Journal of Commerce, the industrial vacancy rate was valued at 5.3% during the period, which is a 17-year low. - Therefore, the expansion in industrial real estate construction is expected over the next several years, owing to the demand for industrial warehouses. This may further benefit firms that lease or finance construction equipment and materials handling equipment. - According to the National Retail Federation (NRF), US retail sales are expected to rise between 3.8% and 4.4% to more than USD 3.8 trillion in 2019. With such high activities expected in the next few years in the US e-commerce and warehousing markets, the country may provide significant scope for material handling equipment. - Currently, the country has more than 9.1 billion square feet of warehousing space, according to a real estate firm, CBRE. With high e-commerce activities and the rise in the number of warehouses to accommodate the demand, material handling manufacturers have been registering increasing revenues.
Competitive Landscape The material handling leasing and financing market is highly competitive owing to the presence of many small and large players operating in domestic as well as in the international markets, The market appears to be moderately concentrated with major players adopting strategies like product innovation and partnerships. Some of the major players in the market are CIT Group, Inc., DLL Finance LLC, Crest Capital LLC, BB&T Corporation among others.
- July 2018 - CIT Group announced that it is creating a new Logistics Finance unit within its Capital Equipment Finance business to provide expanded leasing and financing solutions to all stages of the supply chain. The logistics equipment category broadly includes agriculture, manufacturing, production, packaging, assembly, materials handling, warehousing, support assets, and transportation. - May 2019 - UniCarriers America, one of the top material handling equipment manufacturers, collaborated with DLL to provide its dealers a private financial program, UniCarriers Capital. The program is funded and administered by DLL and will support all UniCarriers forklift models, including the newly-added Rocla automated guided vehicles (AGVs). The program supports dealers located in the United States, Canada, Mexico and is expanding into Central and South America.
Reasons to Purchase this report: - The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format - 3 months of analyst support
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
Ireland Retail Banking 2020 - Review, Forecasts, and Future Opportunities Summary This report explores trends in the Irish retail banking sector and provides insight into consumer preferences and behaviors.It highlights some of the most important data points available on the performance of the sector...
Beyond the Hype - Insight into Digital Challenger Banks
In the last decade, the concept of the digital-only bank has gone from isolated upstart players to a global phenomenon present in all major regions around the world.In the last two years alone, many digital challenger banks have witnessed...
The global cheque scanner market was valued at US$ 721.52 million in 2020 and is projected to reach US$ 1,079.55 million by 2028; it is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.3% from 2021 to 2028. The cheque scanner market is anticipated to witness a continuous growth in the future.At present scenario, irrespective of availability of different...
133 pages •
By Global Industry Analysts
• Apr 2021
- Global Anti-Money Laundering Software Market to Reach $4 Billion by 2027
- Amid the COVID-19 crisis, the global market for Anti-Money Laundering Software estimated at US$1.9 Billion in the year 2020, is projected to reach a revised size of US$4 Billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 11.4% over the analysis...
182 pages •
By Global Industry Analysts
• Apr 2021
- Global GMP Cell Banking Services Market to Reach $992.7 Million by 2027
- Amid the COVID-19 crisis, the global market for GMP Cell Banking Services estimated at US$402.7 Million in the year 2020, is projected to reach a revised size of US$992.7 Million by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 13.8% over the analysis...
The Wealth Management Platform market is expected to register a CAGR of 14.37% over the forecast period from 2020 to 2025. Robust wealth management platforms offer support for a broad set of digital channels such as smartphones, tablets, and browsers. Supporting cross-channel experiences reduces friction for financial institution’s customers...
The Global Real-Time Payments Market size is expected to reach $62.5 billion by 2026, rising at a market growth of 32.3% CAGR during the forecast period. Real-time payments are considered as electronic/digital payments that allow the rapid transfer of funds with the help of a safe payment gateway. Creating web-based businesses like the e-commerce...
300 pages •
By The Business Research Company
• Jan 2021
Major companies in the investment banking market include Barclays; JP Morgan; Goldman Sachs; Bank of America Meril Lynch and Morgan Stanley. The global investment banking market is expected to grow from $102.84 billion in 2020 to $111.45 billion in 2021 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.4%. The growth is mainly due to the...
Customer Experience in Banking - Thematic Research
Amid COVID-19, the sheer volume and velocity of channel shift has put many providers on the back foot.Closing channel gaps quickly has increased the risk of getting things wrong, while the number of net new digital users has magnified...
79 pages •
By Asia Market Information & Development Company
• Apr 2021
This study focuses on China’s Rubber Smoked Sheet industry forecasts. In the two past decades, the industry has been growing at a fast pace. The dramatic expansions of the manufacturing capabilities and rising consumer consumptions in China have transformed China’s society and economy. China is one of the world’s major...
Research And Development
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.