Oil and Gas 4.0 - Underlying Technologies, Use Cases and Telco Positioning Strategies
Summary “Oil and Gas 4.0 - Underlying Technologies, Use Cases and Telco Positioning Strategies” is a new Global Outlook Report that provides an executive-level overview of the Oil & Gas 4.0 market. It delivers deep qualitative insights into the Oil & Gas 4.0 market, Oil & Gas 4.0 value chain, and ecosystem dynamics. It also analyzes key trends in the Oil & Gas 4.0 market and provides insights into telco activity, positioning approaches and value propositions.
Oil & Gas 4.0 utilizes the foundation set by Industry 4.0 and leverages advanced technologies to increase efficiency, sustainability, achieve higher yields, and create a safer, accident-free working environment. The traditional oil & gas sector has generated an excess of data but has struggled to make use of it. Oil & Gas 4.0 is the utilization of technology to collect data, gain visibility over field operations and assets, derive actionable insights and automate the oil & gas value chain. Some of the technologies being leveraged for Oil & Gas 4.0 are connectivity & 5G, IoT, cloud & edge computing, big data analytics, AI/ML, drones, and robotics.
The report provides an in-depth analysis of the following -
- The Oil & Gas Ecosystem: the report begins with an analysis of the oil & gas value chain, and the latest trends in the sector affecting International Oil & Gas Companies (IOCs).
- The Oil & Gas 4.0 Ecosystem: this section defines Oil & Gas 4.0 and the key components of the sector’s digital transformation. Then, the report explores the technologies used in Oil & Gas 4.0 and their benefits, before mapping these technologies across the different steps of the Oil & Gas value chain.
- Oil & Gas 4.0 - Use Cases: a detailed overview of different Oil & Gas 4.0 use cases for IOCs to consider across the value chain - e.g. condition monitoring and remote control. The report then deep dives into selected use cases - digital oilfields/digital twins, virtual reality in oil & gas, 4G/5G campus & private networks in oil & gas, and drones in oil & gas - analysing their targeted outcomes and underlying technologies; with positioning examples/considerations these provide for telecom operators/ICT providers.
- Oil & Gas 4.0 - Case studies: this section provides eight case studies of International Oil & Gas comapnies’ digital transformation initiatives and common Oil & Gas 4.0 projects with telcos, hyperscalers and other ICT providers. The case studies span Gazprom, BP, Petronas, Sinopec, ExxonMobil, Saudi Aramco, ADNOC, and Petrobas. The case studies analyze these companies’ oil & gas 4.0 projects, technologies and the partners they choose - e.g. telcos, hyperscalers, other IOCs and ICT providers.
- Key Findings and Recommendations: the report concludes with a number of key findings and a set of recommendations for Oil & Gas 4.0 stakeholders, including telecom service providers, focusing on how telcos can position themselves as Oil & Gas 4.0 enablers and technology providers.
Scope - The oil & gas sector is undergoing critical shifts - e.g. fluctuating energy demand, oil prices, and a pressing need to lead the energy transition.
- Oil & Gas companies have turned to Oil & Gas 4.0 to stay ahead of these shift, seeking added operational efficiency, increased agility, streamlined processes and costs, smarter and safer operations, and a lower environmental impact.
- Telcos can position as close partners to oil & Gas companies in their transformation towards Oil & Gas 4.0.
- 5G and campus networks for the Oil & Gas sector will help unlock new use cases and applications. Telcos can act as connectivity enablers and further boost their offerings with edge computing and network slicing.
- Prominent Oil & Gas 4.0 use cases include predictive maintenance and remote assets and operations management.
- Telcos can co-create use cases with the industry verticals and with ecosystem partners - e.g. hyperscalers.
- IoT constitutes the nerve system of Oil & Gas 4.0, where telcos can play an expanded role beyond simple connectivity.
- Cybersecurity is a major consideration in Oil & Gas 4.0 setups.
Reasons to Buy - This Global Outlook Report provides a comprehensive examination of the Oil & Gas 4.0 value chain and business models. It helps executives fully understand the ecosystem, market dynamics, latest developments, and value chain. It helps telecom decision-makers determine key Oil & Gas 4.0 positioning strategies, formulate effective product development plans, and optimize return on investments.It also support Oil & Gas companies spreadhead and prioritise their digital transformation initiatives and better understand the benefits and applications Oil & Gas 4.0 technologies could bring to their operations and assets.
- Eight case studies illustrate the findings of the report, providing insights around International Oil & Gas comapnies’ digital transformation initiatives and common Oil & Gas 4.0 projects with telcos, hyperscalers and other ICT providers. This will help telecom, ICT and oil & gas executives craft adapted Oil & Gas 4.0 strategies to unlock new revenue streams and benefits.
- The report discusses concrete opportunities in the Oil & Gas 4.0 market, providing a number of actionable recommendations for ecosystem participants, including telecom service providers.
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
The global utility communication market size is projected to grow from an estimated USD 18.7 billion in 2021 to USD 23.2 billion by 2026, at a CAGR of 4.4% from 2021 to 2026. The key drivers for the utility communication market include growing investment in smart grids modernization of electricity networks; focus on improving grid reliability,...
The Global Machine Condition Monitoring Market was valued at USD 3092.24 million in 2020 and expected to reach USD 5154.9 million by 2026 and grow at a CAGR of 9.02% over the forecast period (2021 - 2026). One of the primary goals for any business is the prolonging of an asset’s lifecycle and ensuring that the asset functions efficiently for...
Non-destructive Testing (NDT) market was valued at USD 16.72 billion in 2020 and is expected to reach a value of USD 24.64 billion by 2026, at a CAGR of 6.7% during the forecast period 2021-2026. According to the British Institute of Non-Destructive Testing, every day, more than 25,000 inspections are carried out in factories and on-site in...
Executive Summary The Global Jack-Up Rigs Market, valued at USD 81.4 billion in the year 2020, witnessing lucrative growth owing to stringent regulatory standards regarding environment conservation, supportive government policies on energy conservation, as well as growing consumer awareness about product quality. The continuous...
In-depth Analysis and Data-driven Insights on the Impact of COVID-19 Included in this Global Frequency Converter Market Report
The global frequency converter market by revenue is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5% during 2020–2026.
The market is expected to grow due to the growth in industrial production, technological advancements,...
Global Oil and Gas Final Investment Decisions (FIDs) in 2021 Summary The onset of the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020 forced the postponement of many of the global Final Investment Decisions (FIDs) targeted across the oil and gas value chain last year, particularly in the case of capital-intensive projects.The...
The oil and gas asset integrity management services market is expected to register a CAGR of about 8.67% during the forecast period. The demand for oil is expected to increase by of 1.2 mb/d per year during 2020-2025 (the demand is expected to reach 104.7 mb/d by 2023, increasing by 6.9 mb/d from 2018). India and China are expected to account...
238 pages •
By Asia Market Information & Development Company
• Mar 2021
China’s demand for Oil and Gas Energy has grown at a fast pace in the past decade. In the next decade, both production and demand will continue to grow. The Chinese economy maintains a high speed growth which has been stimulated by the consecutive increases of industrial output, import & export, consumer consumption...
The Saudi Arabia Drilling Rigs Market is expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 1.5% over the period of 2020-2025. Factors such as increasing investments in the sector are expected to drive the market. However, volatility in crude oil and natural gas prices, leading to a decrease in exploration and production activities, may restrain the...
The MEA hydrographic survey market is expected to grow from US$ 11.10 million in 2019 to US$ 17.23 million by 2027; it is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 5.8 % from 2020 to 2027. The surging demand for energy & power projects drives the market growth. Developing countries in MEA are likely to offer numerous growth opportunities to the hydrographic...
Oil And Gas
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.