Automotive Differential Market by Drive Type (Front Wheel Drive (FWD), Rear Wheel Drive (RWD), All-wheel drive (AWD)/Four Wheel Drive (4WD)), Vehicle Type (Passenger Car, Commercial Vehicle, and Electric vehicle) and Type (Open, Locking, Limited Slip Differential, Electronic limited slip differential, and Torque Vectoring): Global Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecast, 2020–2027
Automotive differential is a part of front and/or rear axle assembly that plays an integral role in a vehicle and is designed to allow moving of wheels at different speeds. It is a part of automotive driveline, which transmits the desired torque and power to the wheels to perform driving operations. The primary function of this system is to provide proportional RPMs between two connected wheels. For instance, when a vehicle goes around the corner, the outside wheel must travel faster than the inside wheel. The differential distributes equal amount of torque to both the wheels. In addition, this system provides wheels with resistance and traction. Moreover, sale of differential assemblies is directly driven by automotive production activities across the globe. These procurements are completed through contracts and agreements between original equipment manufacturers and differential assemblies’ manufacturers.
The global automotive differential market is segmented into drive type, vehicle type, type, and region. By drive type, it is divided into front-wheel drive, rear-wheel drive, and all-wheel drive (AWD)/ four wheel drive (4WD). By vehicle type, it is categorized into passenger car, commercial vehicle, and electric vehicle. By type, it is classified into open, locking, limited slip differential (LSD), electronic limited slip differential (ELSD), and torque vectoring. Region-wise, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Key players, including American Axle & Manufacturing, Inc. (AAM), BorgWarner Inc., Dana Incorporated, Eaton, Hyundai Wia Corporation, JTEKT Corporation, Linamar Corporation, Melrose Industries PLC, Schaeffler Group, ZF Friedrichshafen AG, and others hold major automotive differential market share.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS • This study presents analytical depiction of the global automotive differential market along with the current trends and future estimations to depict the imminent investment pockets.
• The overall market potential is determined to understand the profitable trends to enable stakeholders gain a stronger foothold in the market.
• The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities with a detailed impact analysis.
• The current market is quantitatively analyzed from 2019 to 2027 to highlight the financial competency of the market.
• Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of the buyers and suppliers.
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS
By Drive Type • Front Wheel Drive(FWD)
• Rear Wheel Drive (RWD)
• All-wheel drive (AWD)/Four Wheel Drive (4WD)
By Vehicle Type • Passenger Car
• Commercial Vehicle
• Electric vehicle
By Type • Open
• Limited Slip Differential
• Electronic limited slip differential
• Torque Vectoring
By Region • North America
o Rest of Europe
o South Korea
o Rest of Asia-Pacific
o Latin America
o Middle East
KEY PLAYERS o American Axle & Manufacturing, Inc. (AAM)
o BorgWarner Inc.
o Dana Incorporated
o Hyundai Wia Corporation
o JTEKT Corporation
o Linamar Corporation
o Melrose Industries PLC
o Schaeffler Group
o ZF Friedrichshafen AG
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
The automotive lighting market was valued at USD 26.49 billion in 2020, and it is expected to reach USD 39.77 billion by 2026, projecting a CAGR 6.55% during the forecast period. Global sales of cars and SUVs fell to just under 77 million units in 2020, down from a peak of almost 94.35 million units in 2017. The sector is projected...
- Global Passenger Car Energy Recovery Systems Market to Reach $155.9 Billion by 2027
- Amid the COVID-19 crisis, the global market for Passenger Car Energy Recovery Systems estimated at US$32.9 Billion in the year 2020, is projected to reach a revised size of US$155.9 Billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of...
The African automotive market is valued at USD 28.45 billion in 2020, and it is expected to reach USD 39.87 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 5.55% over the forecast period. However, the outbreak of pandemic COVID-19, impaced the market very badly and majority of markets in the region have not recovered and the demand is still...
468 pages •
By Global Industry Analysts
• Apr 2021
- The global market for Automotive Chassis is projected to reach US$66.7 billion by 2025, driven by stable production of passenger cars and commercial vehicles. In the passenger cars sector, the projected demand for electric vehicles (EVs) is acting as a key growth catalyst. Defined as the loadbearing framework...
378 pages •
By Global Industry Analysts
• Apr 2021
- Global Automotive Passive Safety System Market to Reach $30.7 Billion by 2027
- Amid the COVID-19 crisis, the global market for Automotive Passive Safety System estimated at US$24 Billion in the year 2020, is projected to reach a revised size of US$30.7 Billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 3.6% over the...
The automotive driveshaft market is valued at USD 29.15 billion in 2020 and is expected to reach USD 39.67 billion in 2026 and is anticipated to register a CAGR of about 4.93% during the forecast period (2021-2026). The outbreak of pandemic COVID-19, impacted the whole supplychain for the market as demand side (i.e. OEMs) plants were...
The global continuously variable transmission systems market reached a value of US$ 18.6 Billion in 2020. A continuously variable transmission is a type of automatic transmission that seamlessly changes through a continuous range of different gear ratios. It is also known as stepless transmission, pulley transmission, single-speed transmission,...
The automotive steel wheels market was valued at US$ 8,009.43 million in 2020 and is projected to reach US$ 10,756.13 million by 2028. The automotive steel wheels market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% during the forecast period of 2020 to 2028 The global Automotive steel wheels market has been segmented into five regions—North...
The global airborne optronics market size is projected to grow from USD 1.4 billion in 2020 to USD 2.5 billion by 2025, at a CAGR of 12.7% from 2020 to 2025. The market is driven by various factors, such as growing fleet of commercial and combat aircraft and increased deployment of electro-optics in unmanned vehicles. The airborne optronics...
Aircraft Fleet Size
Air Passenger Traffic
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.