Summary Gastronomy tourism is a key sub-sector of cultural tourism and is growing in popularity as travelers look to expand their horizons. Some destinations are very well-positioned to appeal to this trend, while others are starting to develop a reputation as centers of culinary excellence.
Key Highlights - Activity-based - The activity-based perspective defines gastronomy tourism based on the involvement of the tourist in food or drink related experiences. From this perspective, gastronomy tourism can be the physical experience of food and tourist involvement in wider food-related activities such as visitation to sites of food production, cooking classes, or food-theme events. The activity-perspective can be held by primary and secondary gastronomy tourists.
- Motivation-based - From the motivation-based perspective, the desire to experience cuisine or food related activities in a specific destination is an important motive for destination choice. Food is one of the motivating factors, if not the only one. This perspective is only held by primary gastronomy tourists.
- Mixed-perspective - A mixed-perspective approach to gastronomy tourism means that the consumption of food and drink at a destination is a tourist and visitor activity, which is undertaken by primary and secondary gastronomy tourists. However, it is an activity which is motivated by the interest of local gastronomy and is not done just to meet the need of relieving hunger. This perspective is more regularly held by primary gastronomy tourists.
- Destination-oriented - The fourth main perspective looks at gastronomy tourism from a destination point of view. Gastronomy tourism is positioned as either one element contributing to larger forms of tourism, such as cultural tourism, or it is classed as an independent form of tourism. Many destinations now consider this type of tourism to be an element of larger concepts such as the overall tourism product. Although food is one element of the tourism product, destinations have begun to truly understand and appreciate the importance of food and drink as a selling point of the marketing and management of tourism strategies.
Scope - This report provides analysis of traveler types and key market trends which are contributing to a key segment within tourism currently - gastronomy tourism.
- Major and upcoming destinations are assessed, along with an analysis of key trends to provide valuable insight. Challenges along with opportunities in the industry are explained in relation to industry examples.
Reasons to Buy - Gain an insight into the key trends in the gastro tourism space.
- Look at the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on this industry
- Gain a detailed understanding of the key trends, issues and challenges facing providers
- Understand the different types of gastro tourists and how you can market to them effectively
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
The helicopter tourism market was valued at US$ 745 million in 2020 and is projected to reach US$ 1014.9 million by 2028; it is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% from 2021 to 2028. The tourism industry has spurred stupendously over the years and is at a constant rise.The demand for tourism among every class of society has led to the...
The Global Testing, Inspection, and Certification Market was valued at USD 207.75 billion in 2020, and it is expected to reach USD 294.01 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 5.41%, during the period of 2020-2025.? Owing to the significant outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic across the world, the market witnessed a short-term decline in demand....
Impact of Terrorism and Conflicts on Travel and Tourism Industry - Thematic Research
Every terror attack or the upheaval caused by global conflict can impact the travel and tourism industry.Regardless of the intended target, the impact of such events can be felt worldwide.
229 pages •
By Global Industry Analysts
• Apr 2021
- With Nobody Flying & With Airlines Cutting Down Over 90% of Flight Capacity, Travel Technologies Stares at a Massive -35.1% Slump in Revenues
- The global market for Travel Technologies is expected to slump by a heavy -35.1% in the year 2020 and thereafter stage a slow and uncertain recovery to reach US$13.6...
Overtourism - Thematic Research Summary Overtourism is essentially overconsumption of resources.The common conception of this theme has been that it only affects well-known mass tourism destinations experiencing large crowds of inbound tourists. Per contra, it can affect any destination of...
Key Trends in Sport Tourism (2021) Summary Analysis of sport tourists, key trends, future events and the impact of COVID-19, destination case studies, advertising activity, and challenges and opportunities Key Highlights - The ripple effect from sport tourism is mainly...
Analyzing Commercial Impact of UEFA Euro 2020 Tournament Postponement Summary This report analyses the commercial impact of the UEFA Euro 2020 tournament, postponed by 12 months to 2021 in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Detailed analysis of the business of the UEFA Euro 2020 tournament,...
Driving through: Industry competition will likely keep prices low, cutting into overall revenue growth Abstract Fast Food Restaurants in the US Over the five years to 2019, the Fast Food Restaurants industry has grappled with consumer preferences shifting away from unhealthy foods as well as a saturated...
Sports Tourism - Thematic Research
A thematic look at the current sports tourism industry.
A thorough analysis of the current sports tourism industry, and a look at its potential future.
Impact of COVID-19 on sports tourism, large event case studies, key industry trends,...
Tourism Source Market Insight - Mexico (2021) Summary Tourism Source Market Insight - Mexico (2021) report provides a thorough insight into Mexico’s domestic and outbound tourism market.The report looks at the profiles of Mexican tourists and summarizes the key reasons that they travel. The...
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.