Scaffold Technology Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Type, By Application (Stem Cell, Regenerative Medicine, Drug Discovery), By Disease Type (Cancer, Dental, Neurology), By End-use, And Segment Forecasts, 2021 - 2028
Scaffold Technology Market Growth & Trends
The global scaffold technology market size is expected to reach USD 2.1 billion by 2028. The market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 8.4% from 2021 to 2028. The market growth can be primarily attributed to the growing popularity of bioprinting for mimicking the tissue microenvironment in printed 3D tissue models. The need to expand the horizon of multidisciplinary research areas has supplemented the adoption of scaffold technologies in 3D printed models.
For instance, in October 2021, researchers integrated novel biomaterial scaffold-guided regeneration for multiple periodontal tissues.The incorporation of advanced imaging modalities along with 3D printing has facilitated non-invasive tracking of in vivo degradation of scaffolds.
The advent of such technologies is expected to propel the adoption of scaffolds in tissue engineering and regeneration, thereby providing considerable momentum to market growth.
Additionally, the development of novel diagnostic and therapeutic strategies such as tissue engineering, regenerative medicine, have been largely favored in the wake of the pandemic outbreak of SARS-COV-2 infection.Expanding research activities in the field of tissue engineering have led to the advent of scaffold-based vaccine systems, which have the potential tocombatCOVID-19.
Progress in this area is expected to cause a surge in the adoption of advanced medical technologies in COVID-19 vaccine development and research.
Furthermore, researchers are proactively using in vitro human lung tissue models developed using tissue-engineered for the understanding of mechanisms of the infection and host-pathogen interface. The application of tissue engineering is used for culturing multiple pulmonary cell lines, improving the relevance of in vitro models, and the use of 3D scaffolds that mimic native pulmonary architecture.
Scaffold Technology Market Report Highlights • The hydrogels segment dominated the market in terms of revenue in 2020 owing to advantages such as high biocompatibility, thermal reversibility, and strong cellular activities, contributing to its increasing adoption rate
• The nanofiber-based scaffolds segment is expected to witness lucrative growth owing to the growing advancements such as 3D molding for developing 3D nanofiber membranes
• The stem cell therapy, regenerative medicine, and tissue engineering segment held the largest revenue share in 2020
• This growth is attributed to the expanding adoption of scaffolds in the aesthetic procedure, wound healing, periodontology, and colorectal surgeries
• The drug discovery segment is expected to witness the fastest CAGR over the forecast period
• Scaffolds play a vital role in the elucidation of molecular reasons for the activity of drug candidate in toxicity screening procedures, which is expected to impact the growth of medical technology in this segment
• The orthopedics, musculoskeletal, and spine segment held a substantial market share in 2020 due to an increase in the popularity of regenerative medicines
• Regenerative medicines can offer various lower risk substitutes to allograft surgery, thereby supplementing the adoption of the technology in this segment
• The biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries segment dominated the market in terms of revenue share in 2020 owing to their high engagement in new drug discovery and development
• North America held the largest revenue share in 2020. Growth in this region is owing to the presence of key players and extensive R&D activities
• Companies operating in the market are entering into partnership for developing 3D cell culture models
• For instance, in March 2021, PELOBiotech GmbH entered in partnership with Rigenerand SRL for developing 3D Cell Culture models. The company distributed its VITVO handheld bioreactor which is integrated with a scaffold for establishing in vitro 3D cell culture model that is used in pre-clinical investigations and research applications
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
306 pages •
By Global Industry Analysts
• May 2021
Global Cell Harvesting Market to Reach $359.2 Million by 2026
Cell harvesting is a next-generation technique that involves collection of stem cells from the culture media for R&D and therapeutic applications. Growth in the global market is spurred by of increasing investments...
“Axial spondyloarthritis - Pipeline Insight, 2021,” report provides comprehensive insights about 30+ companies and 30+ pipeline drugs in Axial spondyloarthritis pipeline landscape. It covers the pipeline drug profiles, including clinical and nonclinical stage products. It also covers the therapeutics assessment by product type, stage, route...
The global single-use assemblies market is projected to reach USD 6.3 billion by 2026 from USD 2.2 billion in 2021, at a CAGR of 23.3% during the forecast period. The growth of the single-use assemblies market can primarily be attributed to the major advantages of single-use technologies as compared to traditional stainless-steel assemblies,...
Global Cell Isolation Market By Product (Consumables and Instruments), By Cell Type (Human Cells and Animal Cells), By Source (Bone Marrow, Cord Blood/Embryonic Stem Cells, Adipose Tissue), By Technique (Centrifugation-Based Cell Isolation, Surface Marker-Based Cell Isolation, Filtration-Based Cell Isolation), By Application (Biomolecule...
529 pages •
By Global Industry Analysts
• Apr 2021
- Global Drug Discovery Technologies Market to Reach $74.3 Billion by 2027
- Amid the COVID-19 crisis, the global market for Drug Discovery Technologies estimated at US$44.2 Billion in the year 2020, is projected to reach a revised size of US$74.3 Billion by 2027, growing at aCAGR of 7.7% over the period...
The Formulation Development Outsourcing market was valued at approximately USD 8,055 million in 2020 and is expected to witness a revenue of USD 12,650 million in 2026, with a CAGR of 7.2% over the forecast period. The rapidly evolving threat of COVID-19 is impacting lives, communities, businesses, and industries around the world. The...
Readers of one of the analyst’s media partners were invited to participate in an online survey in September 2020 that centered on the state of their laboratories in 2020 and their expectations for 2021.The analyst has conducted similar studies among the same targeted respondents since 2012.
Where applicable, the study presents year-over-year...
The microcarrier market is majorly driven by factors such as rising demand for cell-based vaccines and therapeutics, the rapid growth of biologics and biosimilar industry, and increasing R&D and availability of funding for cell therapy research. Many of the current biologics in the pipeline are targeting the indications, which are small-molecule...
“Sialorrhoea – Pipeline Insight, 2021,” report provides comprehensive insights about 3+ companies and 3+ pipeline drugs in Sialorrhoea pipeline landscape. It covers the pipeline drug profiles, including clinical and nonclinical stage products. It also covers the therapeutics assessment by product type, stage, route of administration, and molecule...
“Protein 50S ribosomal subunit inhibitors– Pipeline Insight, 2021,” report provides comprehensive insights about 3+ companies and 3+ pipeline drugs in Protein 50S ribosomal subunit inhibitors pipeline landscape. It covers the pipeline drug profiles, including clinical and nonclinical stage products. It also covers the therapeutics assessment...
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.