Summary This case study looks at the impact COVID-19 has had on domestic tourism and assesses its recovery prospects. It analyzes what destinations are doing to drive domestic travel and looks at what is driving a projected surge in this type of travel.
Key Highlights - Projections show that domestic tourism will recover in most places in 2022 and will be a significant driver in the travel industry’s post-pandemic recovery.
- The Asia Pacific region has one of the brightest futures in domestic tourism thanks to many government initiatives which help make tourism accessible to local people. Subsidized schemes have proven to have a positive impact on tourist numbers throughout the region.
- With international travel struggling to get off the ground in 2021, many tourism companies have an opportunity to capitalize on pent-up demand. Markets such as Generation Hashtag and solo travelers who usually travel abroad could be targeted.
- The UAE introduced a significant social media campaign through the collaboration of ministers, tourism companies and royalty to market its domestic product. Between December 2020 and January 2021, domestic tourism brought in US$272 million to the economy.
Scope - This case study looks at the impact COVID-19 has had on domestic tourism and assesses its recovery prospects. It analyzes what destinations are doing to drive domestic travel and looks at what is driving a projected surge in this type of travel.
Reasons to Buy - Understand the impact COVID-19 has had on domestic tourism
- Assess the recovery prospects of domestic tourism
- Look at what destinations are doing to drive domestic tourism
Our reports have been used by over 10K customers, including:
229 pages •
By Global Industry Analysts
• Apr 2021
- With Nobody Flying & With Airlines Cutting Down Over 90% of Flight Capacity, Travel Technologies Stares at a Massive -35.1% Slump in Revenues
- The global market for Travel Technologies is expected to slump by a heavy -35.1% in the year 2020 and thereafter stage a slow and uncertain recovery to reach US$13.6...
The helicopter tourism market was valued at US$ 745 million in 2020 and is projected to reach US$ 1014.9 million by 2028; it is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% from 2021 to 2028. The tourism industry has spurred stupendously over the years and is at a constant rise.The demand for tourism among every class of society has led to the...
Tourism Source Market Insight - Russia (2021)
"Tourism Source Market Insight - Russia (2021)" report provides a thorough insight into Russia’s domestic and outbound tourism market. The report looks at the profiles of Russian tourists and summarizes the key reasons that they travel. The...
Analyzing Commercial Impact of UEFA Euro 2020 Tournament Postponement Summary This report analyses the commercial impact of the UEFA Euro 2020 tournament, postponed by 12 months to 2021 in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Detailed analysis of the business of the UEFA Euro 2020 tournament,...
The Global Testing, Inspection, and Certification Market was valued at USD 207.75 billion in 2020, and it is expected to reach USD 294.01 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 5.41%, during the period of 2020-2025.? Owing to the significant outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic across the world, the market witnessed a short-term decline in demand....
Overtourism - Thematic Research Summary Overtourism is essentially overconsumption of resources.The common conception of this theme has been that it only affects well-known mass tourism destinations experiencing large crowds of inbound tourists. Per contra, it can affect any destination of...
Sports Tourism - Thematic Research
A thematic look at the current sports tourism industry.
A thorough analysis of the current sports tourism industry, and a look at its potential future.
Impact of COVID-19 on sports tourism, large event case studies, key industry trends,...
Tourism Destination Market Insight - Australia (2021)
Analysis of destination markets, infrastructure and attractions, as well as risks and opportunities in Australia. This report explores the types of travelers that visit the country as well as a SWOT analysis.
Tourism Source Market Insight - Scandinavia (2021)
Tourism Source Market Insight - Scandinavia (2021) report provides a thorough insight into Scandinavia’s intra-regional and outbound tourism market.The report looks at the profiles of Scandinavian tourists and summarizes the key reasons...
Tourism Source Market Insight - South Korea (2021)
Tourism Source Market Insight - South Korea (2021) report provides a thorough insight into South Korea’s intra-regional and outbound tourism market.The report looks at the profiles of South Korean tourists and summarizes the key reasons...
You can change your Cookie Settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them.